• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How do you size from Walt to Rivets? I'm a 32 in the Walts and am thinking 33 for Rivers because I have read that they shrink a bit. The Walts fit we'll in the waist but are a little tight in the thigh so the 33 Rivet seems to make sense by the numbers....thoughts? Thank-you for your advice. Great thread, great clothes.

I think you are right too.

CaliforniaSon

Reaction score
Mike, how much difference is there in the color of the sand bedford cords and the desert duck canvas?

Would anyone care to weigh in on sand bedford cord vs caramel ducks? Versatility, availability, etc. I'm torn.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received these about 20 minutes ago in the middle of blowing winds and rain here on the coast in MA. Absolutely stunning!

Just ordered a pair of Carvers as well...wow. This looks like amazing makeup that is really versatile and unique.

Costa

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Carvers as well...wow. This looks like amazing makeup that is really versatile and unique.
As with most things from Epaulet, they look better in person.

Does Epaulet sell Carmina lasted shoe trees or know anyone who does? Going on 3 pairs with more to come, and am not happy with how the standard shoe trees I have fit. Thanks in advance!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Mike-
Really diggin' those blackwatch trousers.
When can we expect them to go live?

Should be next week, but I'll have to play it by ear. Depending on the hurricane, we might only get them on Thurs or Friday. Soon though!

Mike: Do you have plans on doing a denim shirt? :slayer:

Funny that you should ask - we actually do. I'm cooking up a few denim things at the moment for the early spring.

Mike, these are ace. Remind me again of how the sizing runs?

They're similar to Gitman Vintage, so the difference in sizing is greater between each size than our shirts. Some guys can wear both Epaulet & Ashland, and some definitely prefer one fit over the other.

As a loose rule:

A Small Epaulet fits into a Small Ashland pretty well

A Medium Ashland runs a bit bigger than a Medium Epaulet. If the Medium epaulet fits you pretty slim, or you have an athletic build, wide-ish shoulders, then the Medium Ashland will probably work. If an Epaulet Large is a little big on you, then the Ashland Medium may work perfectly.

Ashland Large is a lot bigger than Epaulet Large. Generally Epaulet XL guys would take that size.

And if you have a Gitman Vintage shirt and you like the fit, then you'll probably LOVE the way that Ashland fits. Outside of the darts, we have a few more tweaks to optimize and straighten the fit, and they work very well. And Gitman can certainly make one of the best shirts in the biz.

Question for Mike - do you have any plans for in-house shirting without back darts?

Yes, Navy Label shirts will all be undarted.

Here we go boys...hunker down and hoping its just overblown...Brooklyn Strong.

I hear you! Adele and I are chilling at the apartment all day long, watching our two Boston Terriers stage their own obnoxiously loud version of "Wrestlemania"

Those navy steep twill walt's look fantastic. What's the weight on the steep twill fabric like? Do they wear warmer than jeans? I'll be living in Costa Rica for a year starting next year for dissertation research, so I'm wondering if they'll be too thick. I'll be in the capital, though, which is up in the mountains so it's usually in the 70s. I was originally thinking of picking up a pair of the regiments, but I definitely prefer the look of the steep twills.

Hmm, I'd definitely say that they're too thick for Costa Rica. They're pretty warm and lofty.

Regiment Twills would definitely be a better choice. Above and beyond that, I can definitely recommend the UK Sanded Canvas in either Olive or Butterscotch. Olive is a more versatile tone IMO. I wore these very comfortably on 70-degree days - or warmer - and it's a tough fabric that will wear very hard.

procrastinated too long on that red/cream flannel......any chance of a restock on that flannel or anymore awesome flannels coming out Mike?

Yes, we're going to try and restock both that and the Purple Herringbone. Once the factory reopens we can confirm how much cloth they have remaining.

This morning during my train travel i try to photography my Epaulet Rudy Air Force flannel.
The color is like a chameleon, very difficult to catch because it change very easily depending on the ligth

These look great, thanks for posting them! I really dig your watch too. What kind is it?

I picked up the red and blue flannel this weekend in Bklyn and I love it. It, and the herringbone, are buttery soft.

These were taken the other week. Apologies for the less than interesting photos.
Epaulet medium gray flannels
Alden x Epaulet natural cxl LWBs
Speckled cream chambray

Looking good!

Epaulet x Hurricane Sandy collab...:slayer:
IMG_7205.jpg

Them are some tough white DUCKS!
IMG_7129.jpg

IMG_7182.jpg

IMG_7183.jpg

IMG_7167.jpg

IMG_7262.jpg

IMG_7230.jpg

IMG_7228.jpg

Haha, this is gonzo! The most adventurous thing that I did today is go to the deli for a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich.

Just received these about 20 minutes ago in the middle of blowing winds and rain here on the coast in MA. Absolutely stunning!

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/544006/

Thanks for picking them up and enjoy them! Man, I'm really thrilled with how those came out.

Hey Mike, I was thinking that I might pickup a blue OCBD from your upcoming Navy label line. Do you have any insight on why one might pick the Navy label version or the Ashland version? I guess the correct answer is probably one of each (LOL!), but I really only plan on getting one such shirt at this time. Thanks.

Navy Label will have a higher collar, pearl MOP buttons, and a striped interior contrast on the collar. The stripes will be visible inside the roll.

Ashland has a smaller, compact collar, smoke MOP buttons, and no contrast piece. The cut is a bit slimmer and more tapered.

They'll both have a similar overall vibe. The striped undercollar on the Navy Label shirts will be a cool, subtle detail that I think that you guys will really dig. But some guys will prefer the cleaner, no-contrast look of the Ashland shirt. I'm hoping that the Navy Label shirts arrive in the next week or two.

Question, I ordered a pair of the cav twill rudys in the last factory finds round. I haven't gotten charged and have no confirmation email or anything. Should one of these things have happened? Thanks

Hmm, that's really odd. Shoot me a PM with your name and order number, and we'll check into it.

Mike, how much difference is there in the color of the sand bedford cords and the desert duck canvas?

Would anyone care to weigh in on sand bedford cord vs caramel ducks?  Versatility, availability, etc.  I'm torn.

Hmm, not a huge difference in color. Desert duck is a bit lighter, a bit paler in tone. They're both shades of dark tan.

They feel quite different though. The Desert Ducks start out really stiff, and then get softer with wear. The Bedford cords are soft from the onset. The Bedford Cords have a tighter weave, so they'll be a bit warmer on cold days, if that's a consideration. The Duck Canvas will fade a bit like denim with wear, while the Bedfords will fade like cords (fading & flattening happening on the ribs) - although you'll have to wear them a lot to see that effect. They've both been great sellers, and either one will be a really versatile, easily-matched neutral tone.

bestak

Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hurricane Sandy Style!

In between several shopping trips to stock up on bottled water, luncheon meat, and Italian Rice Balls, Adele and I snapped some fit photos. Sorry to say that the hurricane may have taken down our style quotient a few notches:

Arc'teryx Veilance M65-ish jacket (a great purchase through Buy & Sell)
Rudy Cramerton Trousers
Bean Boots

NAU Womens Urbane Jacket
Some manner of sweatpants
Bean Boots

And, may I present one gentleman who does NOT sacrifice style even in the face of 90MPH gale-force winds. Our original fit model, Damon Boelte:

Crazy rain and he STILL rocks the slim perfecto jacket that he picked up from us in Fall '10. Dude is unflappable.

stlms3

Reaction score

This morning during my train travel i try to photography my Epaulet Rudy Air Force flannel.
The color is like a chameleon, very difficult to catch because it change very easily depending on the ligth

I just wore my Walt Air Force flannels for the first time today and I couldn't agree more about the chameleon comment... Straight out dark gray in some light, completely blue in other light and every shade in between... They are definitely my favorite flannel.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here we go boys...hunker down and hoping its just overblown...Brooklyn Strong.

NYR you still have power down there? Stay safe with the fam!

The energy from my elation at the Giants winning the World Series is probably what has kept the lights on this long up here.

Hurricane Sandy Style!
In between several shopping trips to stock up on bottled water, luncheon meat, and Italian Rice Balls, Adele and I snapped some fit photos. Sorry to say that the hurricane may have taken down our style quotient a few notches:

Arc'teryx Veilance M65-ish jacket (a great purchase through Buy & Sell)
Rudy Cramerton Trousers
Bean Boots

NAU Womens Urbane Jacket
Some manner of sweatpants
Bean Boots
And, may I present one gentleman who does NOT sacrifice style even in the face of 90MPH gale-force winds. Our original fit model, Damon Boelte:

Crazy rain and he STILL rocks the slim perfecto jacket that he picked up from us in Fall '10. Dude is unflappable.

Nice Veilance jacket. B&S is definitely the source for those.

(Mike I saw Damon at Minibar last night with I think this exact same fit -- he may just not have gone to sleep.)

Excited for when the rains stop and I the Navy Label shirting drops!

Last edited:

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, this is gonzo! The most adventurous thing that I did today is go to the deli for a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich.

NY corner delis have the best bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches. A nice bagel sandwich is all I miss...

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NYR you still have power down there? Stay safe with the fam!

Kids asleep, just finished Boardwalk Empire on dvr, watching the news...this **** is INSANE...my whole neighborhood is filled with downed trees.

Since you had a Tigers hat on your desk, I offer...

:slayer: Not a tiger fan, just an anti-Yankee fan! Actually, I do root for the Giants...my family learned how to be American by watching them at the Polo Grounds in the late 18 and early 1900s.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads