• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, we just received a fresh restock of beautiful Carmina shoes! First up are the new styles:

Our "Salinger" Inca last Double Monk has arrived in a gorgeous chocolate calfskin:

Salinger Double Monk Brown Calfskin

The "Fitzgerald"shortwing arrived in the same leather. Carmina's calfskin is stunning in person.

Fitzgerald Shortwing Brown Calfskin

And without further interruption, the shortwing to end all shortwings... The Saddle shell is a knockout here.

Fitzgerald Shortwing Saddle Shell Cordovan

We also received restocks of the Salinger double monk in both calf and shell:

Salinger Double Monk Caramel Calfskin

Salinger Double Monk Saddle Shell Cordovan

Last edited:

oisin

Reaction score
Welcome to the [COLOR=8B4513]Carmina Candy Shoppe[/COLOR]!

srsly. i thought i had decided on the dark brown shortwings, but the seeing the dark brown double monks brings those back into play.

the saddle shell shortwings are really tasty looking.

Last edited:

iluvatar

Reaction score

Love my new olive rivets! When I buy more rivets in the future do I size down, or do the waistbands measure the same across?

The pair I got is a bit smaller in the waist than the other rivets. As for whether or not to size down, I think it depends on how tight/loose it is on you. I've got Epaulet pants in both 33 and 34, and the 34 olive staple chinos sits somewhere in between the two.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys, saw the saddle shortwing in store today...ee gads, yikes, such a beautiful shoe in a color that is richer than Aldens whiskey...absolutely stunning in the wingtip.

runningfrog

Reaction score

Guys, saw the saddle shortwing in store today...ee gads, yikes, such a beautiful shoe in a color that is richer than Aldens whiskey...absolutely stunning in the wingtip.

daaaang, so tempting. i recently special ordered a pair of carmina saddle shell brogue captoes from the armoury, so i'll probably have to sit this one out. also, my size (US8) looks like it sold out within minutes for both the saddle shells.

yulun405

Reaction score
Hope someone can answer this question, which color of wax polish should I use on saddle shell? Thanks in advance.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike-
When are you expecting the White BD Collar Oxfords to come in?

I'd say in about 3-4 weeks. They'll arrive with our next shirt delivery.

Mike,
I saw the cigar short wing went up today, will we be seeing the cigar LWB go up this week also? Thanks.

Yup, once we finalize all of the details for the sole and edge trim

Let us know how this steamer works out for you, Scott. Not doubting Mike's advice, but I sort of wonder: If I'm too lazy to iron, am I also too lazy to steam?
You know who's not lazy? The Epaulet crew. Not only are they posting a steady stream of great new stuff, but they are really on the ball and providing an outstanding service experience to go with great stuff. Kudos to everyone who is working hard to get these packages put together and shipped out so fast.

Haha, thank you sir, we try!

And really, go for a steamer. I'm the laziest person on earth when it comes to ironing. I hate it. Unfolding the board, heating up the iron, spreading the garment out, etc...

Steaming is really easy. It won't give you a crisp crease like ironing will but it removes the wrinkles with next to no effort. Just remember the distilled water, that's crucial.

Gotta say guys, went for a run today and got into Orchard St to get a look at the new rivets...can't wait for the to go online so I can order them. I was a little worried that I wouldn't like the new buttons...I was wrong...:inlove:
Good stuff Mike

Thank you, good seeing you today!

some of my new epaulet gear--caine blazer, pearl flannel cargo walts, and alden x epaulet officer indy boots:
love it all. need to run the blazer past my tailor just to see if any nips or tucks are needed, but i was too excited to get it so i had to just wear it. i am really impressed by the fabric and construction.

Awesome, love the way that you put this look together! I wore something similar on my trip to Italy in January.

Don't freak out about the sizing. The jacket's a little snug on you, but you can still button it, and the fit in the shoulders is good. If you look at the inside of your sportcoat you can actually see the seam allowance, as the Caine is only 3/8 lined. There's about an inch and a half back there, and it will be plenty. A bit of tailoring on RTW garments is totally normal, and a good tailor will bring that to a perfect fit in the body for you. As there's no liner to work around, it will be an easy and relatively inexpensive alteration too.

If your true waist is a size 30, what size should you order for the chinos? Do they correspond to waist or hips?

Go for a 30. Our chinos run generally true to size.

Love my new olive rivets! When I buy more rivets in the future do I size down, or do the waistbands measure the same across?

Most people had to size up one because the legs and the seat are so much slimmer on the Staple Chinos. If you've got fairly thin legs, then you can probably go for the same size in our normal chinos. Thanks for picking them up and glad that you like them!

Welcome to the [COLOR=8B4513]Carmina Candy Shoppe[/COLOR]!

Haha, no joke. These new Carmina's are so good! We're launching them in our newsletter tomorrow.

Even though I'm proud of my photography, I will say that the photos don't do the Saddle Shortwing justice. Good god. It's so freaking nice.

Hope someone can answer this question, which color of wax polish should I use on saddle shell? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't use any. Just some Saphir or Venetian Cream and brush before and after each wearing...

I'd agree with NYR on that. But if you want to use a wax polish for a really glossy shine, then go with a neutral. Part of the joy of wearing in saddle shell is watching it age and darken, so stay away from any kind of colored cream or wax polish.

Last edited:

pistolero

Reaction score

Hey guys, we just received a fresh restock of beautiful Carmina shoes! First up are the new styles:
Our "Salinger" Inca last Double Monk has arrived in a gorgeous chocolate calfskin:

Salinger Double Monk Brown Calfskin

The "Fitzgerald"shortwing arrived in the same leather. Carmina's calfskin is stunning in person.

Fitzgerald Shortwing Brown Calfskin

And without further interruption, the shortwing to end all shortwings... The Saddle shell is a knockout here.

Fitzgerald Shortwing Saddle Shell Cordovan

We also received restocks of the Salinger double monk in both calf and shell:

Salinger Double Monk Caramel Calfskin

Salinger Double Monk Saddle Shell Cordovan

omg......:drool:

as I was also considering the Alden cigar SWB preorder, can anyone comment on how the "fitzgerald" compares with Alden's leydon last? Is one particularly sleeker than the other?

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/the-official-shoe-care-thread-tutorials-photos-etc/1425
teacha.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

[/SPOILER]
omg......:drool:
as I was also considering the Alden cigar SWB preorder, can anyone comment on how the "fitzgerald" compares with Alden's leydon last? Is one particularly sleeker than the other?

Actually, it's pretty comparable to the Leydon last. The toe box is higher, but they're both a nice balance of a sleek middle and rounded toe last that can be dressed up or down.

Most guys buy the Leydon last true to size. So I'd recommend the Fitzgerald (forest last) in one UK size down from your Leydon size (ex. buy a UK9 if you take a US10 in the Leydon). These will blow you away in person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads