• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
These RTC tebas are outstanding. I need another jacket like a hole in the head but would probably jump at a wide wale camel or tobacco cord version.

Thank you so much! I just adore these RTC Tebas. They're excellent from a construction standpoint, and - not so humbly - I think that slimming up the body and sleeves is a huge improvement over the classic Teba shape. They really fit and work brilliantly. We just received these two for a client...

Dusty Rose Washable Donegal...

Teba Dusty Rose Main.jpg

Teba Dusty Rose Lapel.jpg

Auberine Japanese Sashiko...

Teba Aubergine Main.jpg

Teba Aubergine Lapel.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Custom Doyles & Sinclairs going live today!

Hey guys, hope that you had a great holiday! I'm catching up on all the sale shipping and some loose ends from last year. And looking to develop some new avenues for 2024.

Thoughout the past year and a half, we've made a lot of beautiful custom Doyles and casual jackets with RTC. But I've fielded lots of requests to offer a local custom service as well. Guys wanted the custom pieces to be faster and cheaper. And we're going to be able to deliver on both counts.

Our new custom Doyle and Sinclair program will offer a quick four-week turnaround and a price that's about 30% cheaper than RTC. You can vary the body and sleeve length as needed. Sizes 3 to 48 are available. And you can add a stitched monogram for a $25 upcharge.

Custom orders are both taken and shipped only the first week of the month. This first batch of jackets are available to order until 1/9. We'll then ship them to you by the first week of February. And that first week of February will offer a new batch of fabrics. Some fabrics will carry over, some will sell out, some will be added. I think that we can hit a good rhythym with this.

As it stands, we just have our standard brown button, but we might offer a range of options later. I want to get this first run done smoothly and on time, so I'm focusing on the custom length, the fabric selection, and the strict turnaround window.

Look for this to go live later today. Stock on the herringbone tweeds is fairly limited, so grab a jacket sooner than later if you dig them!

Custom Doyle LA Graphic.jpg

Custom Doyle LA Timing.jpg

Catullus

Reaction score
Custom Doyles & Sinclairs going live today!

Hey guys, hope that you had a great holiday! I'm catching up on all the sale shipping and some loose ends from last year. And looking to develop some new avenues for 2024.

Thoughout the past year and a half, we've made a lot of beautiful custom Doyles and casual jackets with RTC. But I've fielded lots of requests to offer a local custom service as well. Guys wanted the custom pieces to be faster and cheaper. And we're going to be able to deliver on both counts.

Our new custom Doyle and Sinclair program will offer a quick four-week turnaround and a price that's about 30% cheaper than RTC. You can vary the body and sleeve length as needed. Sizes 3 to 48 are available. And you can add a stitched monogram for a $25 upcharge.

Custom orders are both taken and shipped only the first week of the month. This first batch of jackets are available to order until 1/9. We'll then ship them to you by the first week of February. And that first week of February will offer a new batch of fabrics. Some fabrics will carry over, some will sell out, some will be added. I think that we can hit a good rhythym with this.

As it stands, we just have our standard brown button, but we might offer a range of options later. I want to get this first run done smoothly and on time, so I'm focusing on the custom length, the fabric selection, and the strict turnaround window.

Look for this to go live later today. Stock on the herringbone tweeds is fairly limited, so grab a jacket sooner than later if you dig them!

Where can I find this new option on the site?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Right here! Took a bit longer than I had thought, but it's online now:

Custom Doyle & Sinclair Jackets, Made in LA

I'll do a more detailed post later, but that first Emerald tweed is the cloth that we used for this legendary Teba. It's amazing. And those tweeds aren't too heavy, so you'll have plenty of wear time with the 1st week of Feb ship date.

Teba Green Tweed2.jpg

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
The cloth selection is amazing!

Could we see a bigger picture of the jungle camo, if possible? Trying to get a read on the pattern. Is it basically this?

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The cloth selection is amazing!

Could we see a bigger picture of the jungle camo, if possible? Trying to get a read on the pattern. Is it basically this?

Thanks! Wow that jacket’s rad.

How are camo is pretty similar, and will deliver a similar vibe. Our pattern is smaller and the tone is more khaki based than olive based. It’s going to be great in the Doyle!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys! Okay here's the fabric rundown for the Custom Doyles and Sinclairs. Orders will be open until Tuesday 1/9, and we'll move right into production after that. These will ship the first week of February.

You can check out the online item here. Sleeve and body length can be customized as needed, and you can add a stitched monogram inside.

Let me list some of my favorite fabrics. I've got made up garment pics of several of them.

1) Yoshiwa Confetti Tweed $375
I just adore this fabric. It's 80% cotton, 14% wool, and 6% nylon. Color is a deep muted indigo blue with multicolor flecks all over the place. The hand and drape is on par with a mid-weight denim, and because it's mostly cotton, you can wear it right until the end of Spring. Machine washable too! We made it up in a full suit for a client and here's the jacket below...
Nuovo Yoshiwa Confetti detail.jpg

2) Emerald Jewel Herringbone Tweed: $395
This is an absolutely stunning tweed from Abraham Moon. It's not too heavy, so it's a great layering piece and solid outerwear for a moderately cool day. The colors are eye popping and it ties back to pretty much any trouser that you have (just not green ones). We did it in a Teba for a client and he was thrilled with it!
Teba Green Tweed2.jpg

3) Java Wool-Cashmere Cavalry Twill: $475
A seriously luxe blend of 80% wool and 20% cashmere with a heavyweight yarn. Doing this in the Sinclair will give off a strong Cuccinelli vibe, and it's a phenomenal price for a very premium and expensive fabric. Both colors are great, but I like the heathered tonality of Java...
CustomDoyle6.jpg

4) Rope Dyed Indigo Sashiko: $295
Our best selling fabric of 2023 by a mile. We offered this in Doyles, Field Jackets, and Kamigatas, but not Sinclairs. If you dig the Sinclair shape or you need a custom length in the Doyle, then then grab this. It fades like a beast and wears beautifully!
Nuovo Indigo Sashiko Lapel.jpg

5) Pink Sorbet Harris Tweed: $295
TWO UNITS left and I'm clearing that out at under half the price of RTC's custom Doyles. You know you want this rad pink tweed in your life! Look at how glorious it is when fully made up...
Pink Suit1.jpg

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet would you mind checking your spam folder regarding an email on that package? Thanks!

alkydrinker

Reaction score
@Epaulet, regarding the latest offering of custom made-in-LA Sinclairs....

I'm considering ordering one where I'd add 1.5" in body length. What is the factory's protocol for moving the button position when adding body length?

I had a bricked custom Sinclair a couple years ago where I added a lot of body length...a big part of the problem was very low buttons as it seemed the factory used a constant measurement from the ~bottom~ of the jacket to place the buttons, instead of sortof re-centering the buttons in balance with the overall jacket. I'd like to give it another shot, but wanted to check on this issue first. Or, if I put a note in my order to lower the buttons only say, 0.5", from the ~top~ of the jacket, would that be honored?

Overall, love seeing these custom options at a more accessible price point.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet, regarding the latest offering of custom made-in-LA Sinclairs....

I'm considering ordering one where I'd add 1.5" in body length. What is the factory's protocol for moving the button position when adding body length?

I had a bricked custom Sinclair a couple years ago where I added a lot of body length...a big part of the problem was very low buttons as it seemed the factory used a constant measurement from the ~bottom~ of the jacket to place the buttons, instead of sortof re-centering the buttons in balance with the overall jacket. I'd like to give it another shot, but wanted to check on this issue first. Or, if I put a note in my order to lower the buttons only say, 0.5", from the ~top~ of the jacket, would that be honored?

Overall, love seeing these custom options at a more accessible price point.
Hey there, thanks for posting! Great question too. I remember your jacket - that was made by our previous factory, and it was a unique cloth - a low-tension cotton herringbone. We ended up using it for Rivet Chinos, and they made up larger and longer than they should have. I actually haven't seen another fabric quite like that, so it kind of of a one-off issue.

And the leadtime of old cutting scenario for custom Doyle/Sinclair was unpredictable at best. Sometimes they cut the jackets in a week. Sometimes they sat on the table for a month. With my new setup, cutting these individual pieces will happen in the space of a few days, every time. That way we have enough time for sewing to make the four-week schedule.

For the Sinclair, we'll move the button stance for anything more than 1" in additional length. It's not as precise or as detailed as it would be at RTC, but it's not priced like that either. I'm instructing them to use the bottom hem to orient the buttons. The bottom pockets will be the usual distance from the bottom hem. There's no canvas or fusing behind the lapels, so they should roll down nicely to the buttons without any changes to the pattern. And all of the fabrics offered are easy to work with and non-stretch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads