• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Very cool. Those are definitely razor sharp.

One of these days, I’ll do a Harris Tweed suit. For some reason I’m slightly terrified of it.

I do miss the good old days of endless factory finds and crazy suits being churned out in VOLUME!
Haha yeah, we used to have such a huge selection of promo fabrics back then. Not quite the same, but I'm actually doing quite a lot of pieces. Trying to document them better these days.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For any dudes looking for a Fall/Winter doyle... we'll be introducing these fabrics for the first time ever tomorrow morning! I'm gonna have great prices for the preorder..

French Blue Cozy Casentino.jpg
Camel Traditional Casentino.jpg
Swiss Army Wool Swatch.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Heavy Duty YT.jpg

Hey guys! I've got some amazing Fall/Winter fabrics for the Doyle!

In my hands is the incredible 16oz Swiss Army Thornproof Wool. Used extensively in WWI & WWII uniforms, this heavyweight wool is perfect on cold and windy days.

After that, I've got two gorgeous colors of Casentino wool. Originally developed in the 14th century, this Tuscan outdoorsman cloth has a distinctive texture and a very warm compact weave.

And all three colors of our Washable Donegal Wool are available too. This is our best-selling fabric of the season, and it ties back perfectly to both our Rivet Chinos and Wilhelm Chinos in the same cloth.

Check out the project here...

And you can see my video presentation on it here...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
8B755603-351A-4CFF-A5F9-5F1FC937B10F.jpeg

Mary and Gonzalo are the married couple who owns our dyehouse.

If you’ve ever bought an Epaulet garment that’s washed or dyed… then that work was lovingly done by them and their dedicated team of 20 employees. Every single person is a first generation immigrant. Everyone takes pride in their craft.

I’ve been working with them since 2014, and they’ve always treated me like part of the family.

For me, this is one of the greatest joys about making things locally. 🇺🇸

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Laidback Pants in Marble Acid Wash Sashiko: $157 with code laidback15

I'm really digging my new camera for videos, so here's a quick feature on the Marble Acid Wash laidbacks. We sold a ton of these via preorder, and I have about 10 pairs remaining for open stock as of this post.

It's an awesome high-contrast dye treatment which looks really distinct. The video above talks all about it and features some 240p slow motion. I'm not sure how necessary that was, but it's cool to be able to shoot that now.

If you preordered a pair, we should be shipping out on Monday! I got all of the pieces on Thursday, and the guys are just putting drawstrings in and detailing them.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also - this is out of left field - but I'm getting lots of fitness memes these days and this one was a banger...

True story: Near the end of Marine Corps boot camp we go through a training exercise called “The Crucible” where we’re out in the field for about 96 hours straight and hump probably a combined 60 miles with all of our gear. The very last part of it is a 16 mile hump back to the main part of base in the middle of the night. I was tired and hungry and sore and all I could think of was that another day or two later I’d finally get my first bit of liberty in 3+ months and I was so looking forward to going to the Subway on Parris Island and getting an Italian sub and a Coke. 😂

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
DSCF0333 copy.jpg
DSCF0335 copy.jpg

Juan (standing) and Jose (seated) are our principal sewing contractors here in Los Angeles.

They are the two of the friendlist, most dedicated, most skilled, and hardest working guys that I've ever met. They began sewing our clothes in 2021, and now they do the lions share of all our work.

If you own a Doyle, a Rivet Chino, a Kamigata, a Field Jacket, or any other piece that we've offered in the past few years... then these are the guys who made it for you. ♥️

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet - Am I imagining things or did you do a denim jacket years ago? Something like a Type II?

If so, what are the odds of bringing something like that back and made up in some super heavy indigo sashiko fabric?

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally had my original natty horsehide EPLA GAT's sole's reglued by a cobbler. The first told me it wouldn't be worth it. I figured, it wasn't worth arguing. He seemed to think they were disposable and replaceable. I decided to go to Aram the Cobbler who is recommended by Alden DC. I had him resole a pair of C&J at the same time - blind stitch and brass toe plates.

I can wear them again!

IMG_1888.jpeg

Eva, on another note, I haven't seen my custom sport jacket in my orders yet/nor the credit from Luxeswap. Can you give me an update?

Thanks,

Eugene

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Finally had my original natty horsehide EPLA GAT's sole's reglued by a cobbler. The first told me it wouldn't be worth it. I figured, it wasn't worth arguing. He seemed to think they were disposable and replaceable. I decided to go to Aram the Cobbler who is recommended by Alden DC. I had him resole a pair of C&J at the same time - blind stitch and brass toe plates.

I can wear them again!

View attachment 2035161

Eva, on another note, I haven't seen my custom sport jacket in my orders yet/nor the credit from Luxeswap. Can you give me an update?

Thanks,

Eugene

How worn down were the soles themselves? I have been wearing my Epaulet GATs since like 2016 or whenever and they aren't coming unglued but they are starting to wear through on the heels finally. Curious if you have significant wear on yours and if that was looked at during this process.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can wear them again!

View attachment 2035161

Thanks,

Eugene
Maybe the first cobbler thought they were cheap sneakers. I'm not willing to spend a lot on footwear like this because there's not much you can do once the soles are worn down.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How worn down were the soles themselves? I have been wearing my Epaulet GATs since like 2016 or whenever and they aren't coming unglued but they are starting to wear through on the heels finally. Curious if you have significant wear on yours and if that was looked at during this process.

They still have lots of life in them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads