• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

papaya_dog

Reaction score
Oh awesome, so glad that they’re still going strong! I think our necktie days are gone, but we’ll definitely bring back lots of scarves and shawls for this Fall
Bummer, but understandable. After moving to Oklahoma from Massachusetts, my scarf days are mostly behind me, but I'll just keep adding Doyles to the collection :)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great fit pic on Instagram today. We made this client a fully custom Doyle chore jacket in this rad wool/linen textured cloth from Joseph Abboud.

I sourced the fabric locally in Los Angeles, we put it up for sale (enough for 3 pieces), took orders against it, and sent it to RTC for production.

I love these kind of promos. We can offer a great price and present some unique fabrics that are impossible to find elsewhere…

IMG_8790.jpeg
IMG_8791.jpeg

Todd V

Reaction score
@Epaulet

So, I’m a Dartmouth wearer and sack jacket sounds like it is up my alley. However it is based on the Nuovo.

Is it possible to get the sack jacket -2” in length (and sleeve)?To have any chance, I’d need a much shorter jacket. I must say, this is a highly unexpected yet welcome project!! I thought the trad trend was long gone.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet

So, I’m a Dartmouth wearer and sack jacket sounds like it is up my alley. However it is based on the Nuovo.

Is it possible to get the sack jacket -2” in length (and sleeve)?To have any chance, I’d need a much shorter jacket. I must say, this is a highly unexpected yet welcome project!! I thought the trad trend was long gone.

Thank you SO much for asking this!

Yes and yes. I actually realized that the jacket length options were unchanged from Southwick. SW was really restricted with length changes, but Hickey is not. So we can absolutely do -2 to the body. And the sleeve can be pretty much any length. You can write your exact sleeve inseam in the notes and they'll match that up. It can even be done with separate L & R sleeve lengths.

So glad that you like the jacket! The Nuovo-ish bits are really just the shoulder and the sleeve. The body itself is close to the "Douglas" from Southwick. I saw that many of the sack jackets out there were either really slim and Thom Browne-esque or very blousy. So I worked to offer something in the middle.

That said... I want to make literally every sack jacket possible so if someone wants Thom Browne-esque or very blousy then drop me a line and we'll do it at the same price and with the same discount.

odub

Reaction score
@Epaulet

Hey there! Do you have an update on production for the sashiko rope dyed Rivets ? Original shipping window was June but I'm assuming things were delayed (which is fine! Just wanting to see if there's an update on the schedule though).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet

Hey there! Do you have an update on production for the sashiko rope dyed Rivets ? Original shipping window was June but I'm assuming things were delayed (which is fine! Just wanting to see if there's an update on the schedule though).
Hey there! Yes we should be shipping all the preorder Rivets and getting in some new stock ones in about 2 weeks. Apologies for the short delay on that, we'll work to ship everything with a quickness after it comes through

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

1) Tomorrow (Wed, July 12th) is the deadline to save $150 with the code princeton150

2) In order to get the discount, we just need to have your fabric chosen and your order paid. Quite a lot of these pieces are going to first time clients, and I'm helping through through their sizing. There's no big rush for that. So if you know that you want a jacket and you're sure of your fabric, we can take your order today or tomorrow and apply the discount. After that I'll send you the information for a remote fitting and we can do that whenever it's convenient for you.

3) I put together some mockups of our best-selling fabrics to date:

Loro Piana Rust Boucle Mockup.jpg
Navy Wool Hopsack Mockup.jpg
Lavender Flannel Mockup.jpg
Exploded Glen Check Mockup.jpg
Genuine Camel Hair mockup.jpg
Loden & Ghost Guncheck.jpg
LP Zenit Mockup.jpg
Tuscan Linen Tattersall Mockup.jpg
Olive Moss Mockup.jpg

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Regarding custom Doyles: is the ask still three yards?

I'm desperate for a patchwork madras Doyle. I found the fabric linked below; does anyone have any insight into the quality of Atlantis Fabrics? Or Fabric Online Store? They told me it's from India. Or any other patchwork madras recommendations?

Here's what I was thinking:

Would I ship it right to RTC? Also, are they able to do shorts? I'd love to have a matching city suit kinda' thing. How many yards would that require?

I'm inspired by these guys, who have this awesome unstructured double-breasted madras jacket (in Japan and not available in my size, but still, look at it!):

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These blankets are amazing. Got one for a nephew about to start college who is a lover of all things Japanese. Wifey loved it so I got one for her as well. About to order another for another family member.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Regarding custom Doyles: is the ask still three yards?

I'm desperate for a patchwork madras Doyle. I found the fabric linked below; does anyone have any insight into the quality of Atlantis Fabrics? Or Fabric Online Store? They told me it's from India. Or any other patchwork madras recommendations?

Here's what I was thinking:

Would I ship it right to RTC? Also, are they able to do shorts? I'd love to have a matching city suit kinda' thing. How many yards would that require?

I'm inspired by these guys, who have this awesome unstructured double-breasted madras jacket (in Japan and not available in my size, but still, look at it!):

Hey there! I love this idea!

Yes, we'd want 3 yards for a Doyle and 2 yards for a short. We can absolutely do both of them. Shorts can be plain front or single pleat, and we can do side tabs at the waist if you like.

Drop me an email or use the chat function of the site and I can get everything coordinated for you.

We actually did a pant in patchwork madras earlier in the year and it was amazing...

These blankets are amazing. Got one for a nephew about to start college who is a lover of all things Japanese. Wifey loved it so I got one for her as well. About to order another for another family member.

Thank you and so glad that you like them!

We closed the preorder, but I have two units left in stock that can ship immediately. They're available at that same link.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there! I love this idea!

Yes, we'd want 3 yards for a Doyle and 2 yards for a short. We can absolutely do both of them. Shorts can be plain front or single pleat, and we can do side tabs at the waist if you like.

Drop me an email or use the chat function of the site and I can get everything coordinated for you.

We actually did a pant in patchwork madras earlier in the year and it was amazing...

Thank you and so glad that you like them!

We closed the preorder, but I have two units left in stock that can ship immediately. They're available at that same link.

Sweet! Just ordered one.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hope you guys had a great weekend! I'm on a quick holiday this week, so I might be a bit slower to respond to inquiries, but Ming is getting orders shipped and keeping tabs.

In the meantime, I wanted to check in with this rad custom trouser makeup. One of my favorite customers ordered our single-pleat Taylor shape in Multicam ripstop. Complete with brace buttons on the inside waistband!

Camo Taylor1.jpg

Camo Taylor2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads