• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Same sizing for RTC as Hertling? Haven’t bought any trousers since the since the switch. Am I good w my old Rudy size or are there minor differences to take into consideration?

yup, you can go ahead and order your same size as before. We ported all of the patterns to RTC.

I think that you’ll also find that the overall fit is better with our new product. It was optimized by Jeff Diduch, and those small tweaks make a big difference. You’re going to love them!

L.I.T.

Reaction score
8rIk3bU_soJBN6XJYdn-c8mQmTYFnXpVos0rezeP2HaMRQSRLpZps72bgkwnZLGw9BLW-hpiOLJevdZ1PdQQscyve6VbcJd2yANpnx1Qjn1Qb9kNre_Xsd8=s0-d-e1-ft

Today's the Last Day! Don't Miss Out on These Trousers!

Thank you so much for your orders! This has been our biggest trouser promotion in years, and we can't wait to see how these make up.

If you haven't yet picked up a pair or two, then check out our assortment and be sure to get your orders in by tonight. We won't have these fabrics at these prices again, and it's a great time to stock up for Fall.

All Epaulet trouser designs are available in all sizes. If you're unsure of your size just write "Hold for Sizing" in the comment field, and we'll personally consult you to figure out the perfect fit. Just get your order in today so that you don't miss out!

ORDER LINK BELOW
FACTORY FINDS TROUSER PROMOTION

CpBDLDs6Z6YxWktlQpsvb_FAILlISzDoK2FjqVrTcg3GODx4L1RpxSbejKPTkOox8xdlm89n3O3c1eaMxSa_wjolr9NQxVRHTRRoW7Tf03Lbm27lDqa2cPk=s0-d-e1-ft

dq4v_J4J62ETwb1hXlFhKJHTQXypmn0ItZDIVbjoBs5_XsYrUr0XN-AfXWdGVuco1XrMUZQCiJBI_Lhi-VLWhnXHExjSiYjjv8w3JNiLSUAJhpSk9g5sYdI=s0-d-e1-ft
q4RlDq1yFsBBukq1DPDHFaYfyy_FOqCqT1WQbeP_8F9Wqie45Wj3bqfB13S8DAGrAdcToBj5Dbl_kNRPZf1tKknKeWlycLUHqDzfix_lnPlxpNDE159rp88=s0-d-e1-ft
s9OUtRHuc8gMVgMPZq7VO4LDWavSN36LXJesEfQiRAAaTlM5rr7fSbJWY4yhfnwFLt9t9IqzBbC0CpMtF7_m_5QJe20_FLlBxKmHGq1e0cZo3CLj6BDBM64=s0-d-e1-ft
UNCukuHv6QsUjFmfQoCjmamKHXcWZeGy65RyKtbptvINBanL3YLX_CwG7DRTFGPHJtlr9e7Aiv8BxtAf5db0kSVEA4DdwCjNf07SnU6t5GKsIuCUny6Em5o=s0-d-e1-ft
Rw77Uk1KwDvVMpfB9t1mS7UuD-wzr6Y86PEYq7P7yFmZuE7JrC9NWHCMzunEfj8WpKpu1xaVXLnouJ9zb6I4nIwJEevYj59UzlC_P2xcwKUZcdNaogjZA3I=s0-d-e1-ft

pekingman

Reaction score
@Epaulet The new sashiko laidback pant looks interesting. I really loved my EPLA drawstring pants (now too well worn for anything other than in-house lounging ....) - but they were always a touch too short.

Can you confirm the inseam measurement on these new pants? The table lists 34" for all sizes, the text has some typo that says <...and the 5.5" inseam is consistent ...> If you have the information it would be helpful to know how tall the model is in the photoshoot - they are good length on him.

jms

Reaction score
I'm in for a pair of laidbacks. Curious how they'll fit compared to rivets, in particular. Looking like they're at a bit roomier in each size.

ghableska

Reaction score
Hey there, I was wondering if any longtime owners of the Doyle in the black & blue broken twill denim have pictures of it—I'm curious how it fades over time!

L.I.T.

Reaction score
I'm in for a pair of laidbacks. Curious how they'll fit compared to rivets, in particular. Looking like they're at a bit roomier in each size.

It's a bit bigger in the thigh than the EZ pant even but it tapers down nicely still so not quite baggy territory. I've tried them on myself during the sample process and they feel like a fancy sweat pant without the elastic leg cuff.

pekingman

Reaction score
@Epaulet The new sashiko laidback pant looks interesting. I really loved my EPLA drawstring pants (now too well worn for anything other than in-house lounging ....) - but they were always a touch too short.

Can you confirm the inseam measurement on these new pants? The table lists 34" for all sizes, the text has some typo that says <...and the 5.5" inseam is consistent ...> If you have the information it would be helpful to know how tall the model is in the photoshoot - they are good length on him.

Just watched the video, so let me answer my own question ...
"The inseam on all of these pants is going to be fixed at (a) 34" - this sample is only about 29" so don't let this mislead you, but we used this for our model so we already hemmed it so that it would be exactly his length"

I did think that the guy in the photoshoot didn't look tall enough to be wearing a 34" inseam so well, but honestly this summer heat is beginning to sous vide my brain cells so I really wasn't sure 🥵 Good to know!

And even more so that hemming these pants to the required length is going to possible. Just need to decide now which color to get (in addition to a pair of the natural undyed ...).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just watched the video, so let me answer my own question ...

I did think that the guy in the photoshoot didn't look tall enough to be wearing a 34" inseam so well, but honestly this summer heat is beginning to sous vide my brain cells so I really wasn't sure 🥵 Good to know!

And even more so that hemming these pants to the required length is going to possible. Just need to decide now which color to get (in addition to a pair of the natural undyed ...).

Haha yes, the production pants will all have a 34" inseam, but we hemmed our samples for the model. He's a pretty tall guy (over 6'), but we still had to cut them back.

The Laidback pants are finished with a simple quarter inch stitch at the bottom, it's not a chainstitch or anything exotic. You can have them hemmed by any tailor or dry cleaner. I think a lot of guys might just choose to roll them up too.

In case anyone missed it, here's the video about the pants...

odub

Reaction score
The Laidbacks are tempting! Curious if/when your sashiko chinos will be making their way back to the store?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Laidbacks are tempting! Curious if/when your sashiko chinos will be making their way back to the store?

awesome! I think you’ll really dig them if you want to give them a shot. I don’t have Sashiko Rivets on the immediate calendar, but maybe late Nov as long as fabric holds out

Eva what's the rise on your laidback pants in a size M?

Hmmm you know, I’m actually not sure. It pretty much in line with the wilhelm… you can see where they hit our model and he’s about 6’ tall. It’s a pretty standard rise for us

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads