• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell yes, stock camp shirts in that cut would be great. PS so glad I grabbed that fabric for my Kamigata. Almost time to start wearing it again.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was planning to write a large recap of the Las Vegas menswear shows. But truth be told... there's not much to tell. I think that travelling is still so difficult that most vendors didn't make the effort.

Back in 2019, the shows were spread out in three different locations and multiple large rooms. But this year, everything (mens, womens, footwear) fit into a single tradeshow room, with a little bit extra for the international vendors of the sourcing show.

I'm still glad that we went. If you're going to be a designer, then it's crucial to be "in the scene," even if the scene is radically smaller than before. It was nice to see some people who we knew, and just good to be walking aisles and checking out merchandise.

I do have one solid lead from the show for sweaters. I'll get together a post on that shortly so that you guys can chime in. I'd love to hear your feedback on them.

They did have a cool display of neutral toned menswear looks. A bit confusing as there were pieces in there from Kapital and a few other vendors who weren't actually showing there. But I was digging it.

There was a display from Pantone which was really nice. At the time it appeared that this color was close to the undyed sashiko of Ming's jacket. Looking at it now.. wow it's definitely not close. Also kind of interesting that the color of the year in 2006 was a fleshy khaki tone. But this was also the year when "Crash" won the Oscar for best original screenplay, so lots of unexpected stuff happened in '06.

IMG_4790.JPG

They also had a lowrider. It's a collab with someone named "Donkmaster," and I had to look it up......

In the strictest terms, the word "donk" is any 1971 to 1976 full-sized Chevy Caprice or Impala that has been subjected to a high-riser treatment with tall wheels (24 inchers would be considered the bare minimum), low-profile tires, and lots of ground clearance.

IMG_4766.jpg

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EBCE4E31-7F4A-4A64-9462-A69F6877E830.jpeg

EPxCarmina Hatch Grain Jumper from the group order many years ago

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonal seersuckers and slubby solids would be great in that shape. I know a lot of people like prints and madras w/ camp collars, but I feel like the shape is inherently casual enough that you can strike a nice balance by keeping it a bit more subdued. French terry could be dope too for a nice beachwear vibe.

fruitnuke

Reaction score
Whew, looks like the post I made early on Saturday got nuked in the forum upgrade.

Fit pic of the saffron doyle below. I missed out on the spearmint doyle from a few years back, been regretting it ever since so jumped on this.

It’s great. Color is not too bold, closer to yellow ochre than banana. Seems to match well with loads of stuff. Pic is with the Individualized ink oxford, and khaki pants. Feels great too, softer than I expected for a 12oz denim. I’m surprised there’s still open stock.

7BC5A79C-795F-468C-B5A6-B2DEAA2994C1.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Whew, looks like the post I made early on Saturday got nuked in the forum upgrade.

Fit pic of the saffron doyle below. I missed out on the spearmint doyle from a few years back, been regretting it ever since so jumped on this.

It’s great. Color is not too bold, closer to yellow ochre than banana. Seems to match well with loads of stuff. Pic is with the Individualized ink oxford, and khaki pants. Feels great too, softer than I expected for a 12oz denim. I’m surprised there’s still open stock.

View attachment 1756878

Absolutely amazing.. that's a great color on you! Thanks for posting the pics and the review!!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
LAST CALL FOR KAMIGATA PREORDERS

Hey guys,

We're going to drop the email in a little bit about the Kamigata project closing. We're going to shut down the preorder project tonight and get these into work by the end of the week.

Here's a few quick notes on it...

1) This is our biggest preorder project for the Kamigata ever. We're offering sizes 36 through 48 in six fabrics. Delivery is slated for end March, and we're totally confident on making that date.

2) Space Dye Tweed has been the best seller by a mile. We're offering matching Rivet Chinos in both that fabric and the Mocha Travel tweed. So if you ever dreamed of Kamigata suit separates, this is your chance!

3) You save about 25% off the MSRP with this preorder. Additionally, this is the only chance to get sizes 36, 44, 46, and 48. These sizes will NOT be produced for any open stock.

4) We also will not make any open stock in Space Dye, Natural Linen, Mocha Travel Tweed or Woolrich Herringbone Tweed. The only open pieces will be Broken Twill Denim and Intarsia Patchwork... sizes 38 to 42. But they will be 25% more expensive than the preorder price.

5) The Space Dye Tweed is our best seller for a reason: it's freaking awesome! The color and texture is unreal. The hand is amazing. You can easily machine wash it. The price is competitive. This is really one of the raddest noragi jackets ever made. Customer FOMO over the Kamigata has been a constant thing for the past few years. We tend to sell key sizes and fabrics quickly, and we don't offer this shape often. We put this preorder together so that everyone who wants a Kamigata can get one in their size.

6) If you buy a Space Dye Kamigata, you'll be able to compete in the "Samurai of Space Dye" contest. where the winner gets a hand-etched card case in Unglazed Shell Cordovan. It's going to be really fun, and a great way to be creative with this awesome jacket.

31FC06B7-E63A-4BAC-B2BB-7853F078BD93.JPG

Kamigata Leader.jpg

In case you missed the link up top, just click here to check out the item

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quickstrike Additions
'
Just a quick note guys, I added in these three fabrics to the Kamigata item. They'll be cut and produced alongside all of the other pieces...

This Sashiko is pre-shrunk and dyed. So you'll get a Sashiko Kamigata jacket that's made 100% to spec sizing. We're sewing the jacket out of pre-washed cloth, rather that making up the garment first and then dyeing the whole thing. 2 units can be made.
French Blue Sashiko.jpg

Hard to think of anything more boss than an Aqua Linen Kamigata. This is a bolt of cloth from Southwick and it's gorgeous. Just one unit can be made.
Aquamarine Linen.jpg

We've run a ton of Sinclairs and Doyles in this denim. It's out of stock at Yoshiwa, but I have enough on hand to do about 4 or 5 garments. It's 12oz and wearable pretty much all year round. Great muted brown tone and a surprisingly soft hand for a Japanese denim.
Tobacco Denim.jpg

Van504

Reaction score
Quickstrike Additions
'
Just a quick note guys, I added in these three fabrics to the Kamigata item. They'll be cut and produced alongside all of the other pieces...

This Sashiko is pre-shrunk and dyed. So you'll get a Sashiko Kamigata jacket that's made 100% to spec sizing. We're sewing the jacket out of pre-washed cloth, rather that making up the garment first and then dyeing the whole thing. 2 units can be made.
View attachment 1757656

Hard to think of anything more boss than an Aqua Linen Kamigata. This is a bolt of cloth from Southwick and it's gorgeous. Just one unit can be made.
View attachment 1757654

We've run a ton of Sinclairs and Doyles in this denim. It's out of stock at Yoshiwa, but I have enough on hand to do about 4 or 5 garments. It's 12oz and wearable pretty much all year round. Great muted brown tone and a surprisingly soft hand for a Japanese denim.
View attachment 1757657
In for tobacco alongside my space dye and intarsia orders. Damn that’s gonna be sick

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In for tobacco alongside my space dye and intarsia orders. Damn that’s gonna be sick

Thank you! And thanks to everyone for making this project such a huge success! We can't wait to put these jackets into work for you.

I'm getting a lot of last-minute inquiries via the website chat. I need to shut down the preorder soon so we can purchase the fabric and get the cutting underway. I think that we can actually beat our stated time frame of end March if we move quickly now.

If you still want a Kamigata, then the item will be online until about noon PST (about a hour past this post). Here's the link one more time.

https://www.epauletbrand.com/collec...rucial-cottons-project?variant=42483204128997

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Close it out! Let's get them into production!

After I placed my order for the Peacock Donegal Doyle, I remembered I had a union blue workshirt in blue. I was a little worried they might be too similar. Luckily the flecks in the Doyle are a lot more pronounced, the shade of blue is a bit different. The biggest difference I find between the two materials is that the handfeel on the Doyle is much better and it isn't as stiff as the workshirt. I wouldn't normally wear these together, but wanted to get a picture of them together.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Close it out! Let's get them into production!

After I placed my order for the Peacock Donegal Doyle, I remembered I had a union blue workshirt in blue. I was a little worried they might be too similar. Luckily the flecks in the Doyle are a lot more pronounced, the shade of blue is a bit different. The biggest difference I find between the two materials is that the handfeel on the Doyle is much better and it isn't as stiff as the workshirt. I wouldn't normally wear these together, but wanted to get a picture of them together.

All closed! Thanks so much for ordering everyone! We'll get cracking on these ASAP.

Space Dye was the runaway favorite of the group. If you didn't get a matching Space Dye chino, then definitely seriously consider that. You won't regret it! This is a freaking amazing fabric, and it's boss as separates and a two piece insane sort-of-suit.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
EPAULET X RED BAR GROUP

Hey everyone,

If you don't know them... Red Bar Group is the world's largest watch enthusiast community. I've been a part of it since around 2015. I hung out with Adam Crainotes... one of the founders and directors... and some of the Los Angeles members a few nights back.

Anyway, we've got a new project cooking with a collaborative Doyle jacket. It's going to have some watch-related graphics on the inside and a really fun embroidery touch at the cuff (exactly where you'd take your watch photo). The idea is loosely inspired by Ivy-style drinking jackets -- as every Red Bar meeting tends to feature its share of drinking.

Adam is wearing the Gunship shirt and throwing up the horned hands. This photo was taken right before we played competitive Pictionary at a Star Wars themed bar. Our team name was "Crucial Taunt," and yes, that was my idea.

4AB1CFEF-B091-4077-AD58-4D61786A33E3.JPG

We're going to develop a sample in the next few weeks, I'll keep you guys posted on how it comes along!

The Watch Pile pic of the night was shot later than usual but there are some nice pieces here....

IMG_5160.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads