• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife swears by hydroflask. She (tells me she) collects unique ones from specific locations. Apparently, for instance, there are Hawaii specific ones not available anywhere else...?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've got several Hydroflasks (bottles, cups, and tumblers). I use my whiskey one for coffee when I'm at home, but prefer the Zojirushi bottles when I'm on the go. I've never seen that lid before. Wonder if it'll fit my tumbler.

Oh awesome.. they do sell the lids by themselves too. I think that stuff is generally compatible with them.

I never thought that I'd be so obsessed with containers like this, but here we are, lol. I'm also on that 40oz Takeya tip for a way to track my hydration every day.

And speaking of that: for the longest time, I kept up a pretty rigorous skincare routine. I'd wash my face twice daily, use toner, and then a moisturizer. My skin was okay, but wasn't anything to write home about. I'd get breakouts and pimples. It didn't look particularly good. But I was living in NYC and drinking booze a few times a week and never really paying attention to hydration.

These days, I only use neutrogena cleaning wipes on my face, sunscreen in the morning, and Overt serum at night. I don't drink alcohol very often, and I try to have two full 40oz containers of water throughout the day. I tell you, my skin has never been more clear. Any dermatologist will tell you "good skin starts with proper hydration," and it's really true.

Well, they might tell you that, or they might try to sell you some insanely overpriced snake oil moisturizer. Sticking with cheaper basics has served me really well.

188611865026083p

L.I.T.

Reaction score
I've got several Hydroflasks (bottles, cups, and tumblers). I use my whiskey one for coffee when I'm at home, but prefer the Zojirushi bottles when I'm on the go. I've never seen that lid before. Wonder if it'll fit my tumbler.

Happened to be Aeropressing some coffee now.

EDIT: Looks like they do fit the Rocks one. Will need to pick one up for my Rocks and my partner's Wine one. Our current lids don't have a closure system.

Aeropress is the truth. Hard to go back.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh awesome.. they do sell the lids by themselves too. I think that stuff is generally compatible with them.

I never thought that I'd be so obsessed with containers like this, but here we are, lol. I'm also on that 40oz Takeya tip for a way to track my hydration every day.

And speaking of that: for the longest time, I kept up a pretty rigorous skincare routine. I'd wash my face twice daily, use toner, and then a moisturizer. My skin was okay, but wasn't anything to write home about. I'd get breakouts and pimples. It didn't look particularly good. But I was living in NYC and drinking booze a few times a week and never really paying attention to hydration.

These days, I only use neutrogena cleaning wipes on my face, sunscreen in the morning, and Overt serum at night. I don't drink alcohol very often, and I try to have two full 40oz containers of water throughout the day. I tell you, my skin has never been more clear. Any dermatologist will tell you "good skin starts with proper hydration," and it's really true.

Well, they might tell you that, or they might try to sell you some insanely overpriced snake oil moisturizer. Sticking with cheaper basics has served me really well.

188611865026083p
Hydration is definitely super important. Have to admit though I'd be lucky to have more than 8 ozs of straight water a day. 20 oz with my coffee.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Flavor is great and clean up so much easier than a traditional drip. I'm the only coffee drinker in our household so nice to be able to make just a cup.

Yeah and the filter situation lasts one year for a pack pretty much. Those gooseneck kettles with the slow pour also really bumped up the flavor for me.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are really making me re-think the Starbucks cold brew I buy around 8:00 a.m. and nurse throughout the day from the plastic cup it came in while occasionally throwing a few more ice cubes in...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You guys are really making me re-think the Starbucks cold brew I buy around 8:00 a.m. and nurse throughout the day from the plastic cup it came in while occasionally throwing a few more ice cubes in...

Haha, I was right there with you! All of this "flasking" is new for me, but once you try it, there's no going back.

Starbucks will generally fill your bottle too if you give it to them.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our dude @Churchill W has this incredible Peacock Donegal Doyle en-route today!

The shirt is a Striped Rhino Oxford with the Positano Collar. You can still order one at 15% off until tomorrow with code heavy15.

Necktie is one of our lovely Brooks Brothers pieces, made by their factory in Queens, NYC (Rest in Power).

View attachment 1751984
Sweet, looking forward to receiving it. Ran out to do some returns at the post office, and threw on my corduroy Doyle.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
You know I just did the inventory and looks like we have one unit of size 40. There was enough to do three units, so they used all of the cloth. It's made with the same smoke MOP buttons as in the sample.

If anyone's interested... HERE'S THE LINK FOR IT

Sorry, can't do it, the wool/linen blend is prohibited by Jewish law. (It's absolutely gorgeous but I don't want to spend that much on a jacket right now that I don't really need or I'd snap it up in a heartbeat).

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aeropress++

I use it as a pour-over container. I nuke my water, slowly pour it into the press, stir for 10-15 seconds and then just let it sit for about 5 minutes while I go do other stuff. Then I come back and do a slow press for any remaining water and to gather the puck for disposal. Then I screw it all up with 3 ice cubes and a bit of heavy cream and add a little water if I deem it necessary (by volume in my mug). Cheap and quick, and easy peezy cleanup.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also: STOKED about my new Doyle that just delivered. NOT STOKED about the 85 degrees it's supposed to be today. :/ I am going to have to get the sleeves taken up a little though. :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads