• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D74BA04D-37B5-4393-BB27-60882635D5E1.jpeg
heavyweight black tee and heavyweight black cashmere sport coat

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
Pretty much, I fit the Sashiko Kamigata about the same as my chambray one I have. Of course the Sashiko will have a little bit more stretch which is nice.

sounds like I’d want a 38 if I want one like my old medium one, or a 40 if I want some space.
@Epaulet do you have either of those sizes and how would we set that up?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally received my mink sashiko rivets yesterday. Very heavy and soft--almost feel like jogging pants. They look dark brown in indoor lighting and get some purple outdoors. Great color and good heft for a winter pant.

Here they are with my old Epaulet / Carmina boots (remember these circa 2011 I think. Anyone else still have these?) I have not worn them in a while but they are still holding up.

IMG_20210211_085115244.jpg
IMG_20210211_085053020.jpg

IMG_20210211_085039352.jpg

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eva - my tailor who I've been using for years (has made a few custom trousers for me too) is telling me that he can't alter the waist on rivet chinos without taking the whole piece off and sewing it back on bc of its structure. Is there another way that you've seen it done or has anyone on here taken in the waist on their rivets that have the unlined waistband?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Eva - my tailor who I've been using for years (has made a few custom trousers for me too) is telling me that he can't alter the waist on rivet chinos without taking the whole piece off and sewing it back on bc of its structure. Is there another way that you've seen it done or has anyone on here taken in the waist on their rivets that have the unlined waistband?

Hmmm, well we moved away from the split waistband a few years ago on the chinos. The Sashiko ones also have a flat seam in the back so there's no... blowouts... to speak of.

It should be relatively easy to take them in at the waist though. It's the same process for a pair of jeans. It's just a bit more permanent than altering a dress pant would be.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A4 Chest.jpg

Okay guys, I'm super excited for this!

Today I'm launching seven vintage M65 jackets. Matt Smith (Rebels and Rogues) sourced the garments and kept an eye out for ones with good proportions that would fit how we want them to. The coats date from the 1970s and were made here in the States by Alpha Industries.

We dipped all of them four times into a reactive indigo dye bath. The result is freaking awesome! The shell fabric takes the dye with horizontal striations.. and the color is a subdued navy. Patches and other details got totally dyed out. There's just nothing like it at all!

Sizing is individual for these, and we're going to have the following (approximate) sizes available:

38R (This one is already online and available)
36R
40R
40L
42R
44R
44S

These jackets are an easy fit, so the sizing will work for someone who's a bit off from that exact number too.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, well we moved away from the split waistband a few years ago on the chinos. The Sashiko ones also have a flat seam in the back so there's no... blowouts... to speak of.

It should be relatively easy to take them in at the waist though. It's the same process for a pair of jeans. It's just a bit more permanent than altering a dress pant would be.
Got it, thanks.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
New Make Ups from Individualized Shirting

Hey guys, Ming here! We just got these fresh floral print shirts made up from Individualized Shirting. I'm personally kind of digging that green floral.

We have limited stock fabric to make about 2-3 of each and will be priced at $225 per shirt. If you're interesting in ordering pm me or email [email protected] and I'll get you set up.

Blue Floral
Blue Floral.jpg

Green Floral
Green Floral.jpg

Midnight Floral
Midnight Floral.jpg

dougie

Reaction score
View attachment 1553864

Today I'm launching seven vintage M65 jackets. Matt Smith (Rebels and Rogues) sourced the garments and kept an eye out for ones with good proportions that would fit how we want them to. The coats date from the 1970s and were made here in the States by Alpha Industries.

We dipped all of them four times into a reactive indigo dye bath. The result is freaking awesome! The shell fabric takes the dye with horizontal striations.. and the color is a subdued navy. Patches and other details got totally dyed out. There's just nothing like it at all!

Sizing is individual for these, and we're going to have the following (approximate) sizes available:

36R
40R
40L
42R
44R
44S

These jackets are an easy fit, so the sizing will work for someone who's a bit off from that exact number too.

i hate the whole 'inject it into my veins' trope but it makes sense here, to me: these all look so good. you're translating the original (s m l short tall etc) sizing to your house sizing for the listings, right, so that a 40 ep jacket (doyle?) equals a 40 in these?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i hate the whole 'inject it into my veins' trope but it makes sense here, to me: these all look so good. you're translating the original (s m l short tall etc) sizing to your house sizing for the listings, right, so that a 40 ep jacket (doyle?) equals a 40 in these?

yup, doing exactly that! We sold the 38 and 40, but I have a few others in those sizes, I’ll list them up tomorrow

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1553864

36R
40R
40L
42R
44R
44S

These are pretty cool. I wish the Air Force was a 44R as that was my service back in the day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads