• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Loving the fit pics... thanks guys!

little bit random, but my little girl turns 7 tomorrow and Stranger Things is her favorite show ever. I made this insane cake for her...

A05D8375-2024-4ECC-B6F8-4F0D3956E178.jpeg

and her main present is a handmade Demogorgon...

064FE197-D4DF-4350-BB57-5898F2DCCDFF.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet - I don’t suppose you ran any open stock on black sashiko Doyles or Kamigatas? If not will definitely consider one in a future run to go with my chinos.

I’m pretty sure that we have an open stock 42, but that might be a little bit big for you. I might be able to take one of the undyed kamigata is that I have now and make it black pretty soon. We saw the black T-shirts really well so I need to restock those. Would definitely be easy to toss I Kamigata in with that batch.

thanks! I should qualify that I didn’t bake that cake, I just did the graphics for them to print on top of it.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
All American comfort for this WFH Friday... super comfortable Magill-LA Perry sweatshirt and Alden boots paired with the indigo sashiko EZ pants. Merino activity socks from American Trench not pictured. Snow and ice courtesy of the Midwest. Edit: if you aren’t into sweatpants the sashiko pants are nearly as comfortable and far more functional.
View attachment 1549876 View attachment 1549879 View attachment 1549883

That's really a fantastic pairing with the orange sweater and those boots. It's a great mix of colors that really work.

That they do. I get a lot of random compliments on my sashiko pants when I’m out and about (I have 4 pairs including some rivets) and I’m guessing most have no idea of the material.

So glad to hear that you're pleased with them!!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Epaulet x J.Press Sashiko Suiting Preview

Hey guys, I 've got a preview to show you. Throughout all of the production craziness of the Fall, we've been working on a wholesale project with J.Press. It will be a wholesale collaboration that's available in their stores and on their website.

They've been incredibly patient with our timeline. We couldn't get any Sashiko garments made last Fall.. including their samples... so they're only getting them for evaluation today. If all gets approved, we'll be putting their order into work immediately and shipping it by the end of March. After the long freeze on production, things are finally easing up here, and the factories are looking for work. I anticipate it to get even better.. and fairly back to normal.. once the vaccines are further distributed.

Anyway... the shapes are the Sinclair and the Rivet Chino. We made a few modifications:

1) Sinclair has a longer body, a higher button stance, more distance between its front buttons, and plain sportcoat sleeve cuffs
2) Rivet Chino has an additional 1" added to its leg opening for a slightly less tapered shape

We'll do three colors.. the dark navy as pictured, a pale olive, and khaki. Here's some shots...

Jpress3.jpg
Jpress2.jpg
JPress1.jpg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like corduroy in the second picture.
Mink is the color I ordered as I no longer have cords and figured these could be a great alternative option. Mine arrive tomorrow.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Epaulet x J.Press Sashiko Suiting Preview

Hey guys, I 've got a preview to show you. Throughout all of the production craziness of the Fall, we've been working on a wholesale project with J.Press. It will be a wholesale collaboration that's available in their stores and on their website.

They've been incredibly patient with our timeline. We couldn't get any Sashiko garments made last Fall.. including their samples... so they're only getting them for evaluation today. If all gets approved, we'll be putting their order into work immediately and shipping it by the end of March. After the long freeze on production, things are finally easing up here, and the factories are looking for work. I anticipate it to get even better.. and fairly back to normal.. once the vaccines are further distributed.

Anyway... the shapes are the Sinclair and the Rivet Chino. We made a few modifications:

1) Sinclair has a longer body, a higher button stance, more distance between its front buttons, and plain sportcoat sleeve cuffs
2) Rivet Chino has an additional 1" added to its leg opening for a slightly less tapered shape

We'll do three colors.. the dark navy as pictured, a pale olive, and khaki. Here's some shots...

View attachment 1551668 View attachment 1551669 View attachment 1551670

Hot damn!

J. Press has become my go-to source for OTR clothing over the past 4 or 5 years. Excited to see the collaboration!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Los Angeles Custom Clothing: Let's Get it All Sorted Out

I have another note and an apology to make. Last year we did a pretty good amount of custom clothing here in Los Angeles. It was really chaotic though. The factory shut down about a half dozen times. The cutting contractor shut down and lost some of our wool flannel fabric. Buttons got delayed in customs. And it was a fight to get individual pieces made as all of the production facilities here started to only work on larger orders where they can earn more margin. With their staff and time so limited, it was a necessary decision for them to take.

And on my side, I could have been far better with emails and communication through all of this. I don't want to give a bunch of excuses, but I was in a difficult place mentally (I think many of us were & still are), and unable to deal with problems and custom disappointment as I should have been.

But things are getting better. We're back to full staff at the factory. Some of our older workers have gotten vaccinated. The outlook has radically improved here in California. And I want to make good on the merchandise that we owe you.

Ming is going to take over management of custom clothing requests, and he has a new email address at custom[at]epauletbrand.com

If you ordered a custom Doyle, Sinclair, Rivet, or Wilhelm, and you didn't receive it, then please drop him an email with your last name when you have a chance. I'm going to shoot a fresh batch of available custom fabrics today... both Fall/Winter tweeds and Spring/Summer blends. We'll get your first dibs on the new fabrics... which are awesome... and get your pieces finished and shipped by the end of the month. We'll have some space to do work for new orders too.

Again, thank you everyone for your patience and support. We're going to fight like hell over these next weeks to get backorders filled and get the business back on track. Thank you!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Good luck, Eva! You’ve always done right be me, you care about customer service and it shows. Proud to be part of the community rooting for you and your company.

STK_astoria

Reaction score
Good luck with the Press project, Eva. Any chance of offering the plain sleeves for custom Sinclairs, and for Doyles and Kamigatas w/o buttons?

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that we have an open stock 42, but that might be a little bit big for you. I might be able to take one of the undyed kamigata is that I have now and make it black pretty soon. We saw the black T-shirts really well so I need to restock those. Would definitely be easy to toss I Kamigata in with that batch.

Are the current sashiko Kamigatas sized like the old ones?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Custom Doyle & Sinclair Fabrics

Hey guys, I'm going to launch these with today's newsletter. I'm taking a cautious approach to custom work in LA right now. The factory is back up to speed and ready to start work on these, but I'll probably limit our overall quantity to 20 units or so in Feb.. just so we can get back into the groove of making and delivering stuff on time. Plan is to take orders now and ship finished items by the first week of March.

There's some pretty stellar fabrics available! You can check the videos when you have a moment. Pricing is going to be from $325 to $375 depending on the cloth....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads