• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone.. quick note that we're closing up the Eternal Chestnut Corduroy Project tonight.

97A29BE5-7B5A-4539-B815-CC8E807DD9C5.JPG
731BEA8F-7707-44D5-BE0E-31EA8A306D92.JPG
9991F364-78E6-48C0-9DE5-A78FF2345F8D.JPG
A4763313-312A-4878-940A-C5FEE36C4720.JPG

C7CE2442-DBFB-4DD5-ABDA-35F6793E250A.JPG

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One other heads-up in case you didn't see this in our newsletter... we've got two rad fabrics up for preorder in our Chainstitch shirt. About half of the units have been sold, but we've still got decent availability.

There's lots of detail in the item, but the short story is:

1) Our Triple Weave Chambray is composed of Black, Indigo, and Natural yarns... and it makes up with a really complex and textured surface. The color is a handsome medium blue that's light enough to work with darker jeans and not match too much.

2) The Liberty of London fabric is bold as hell and absolutely dope. It's eye catching for sure and done in a luxe, soft cotton poplin

3) We're pretty limited with stock, so I put these up for really competitive prices ($115 for chambray, $125 for liberty) and we'll cut them to order as final sale. Should have delivery by end Feb.

LibertyPrint.jpg
Yoshiwa Studio Main.jpg
Yoshiwa Cuff.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

herzzreh

Reaction score
Do Sashiko Murder Ink Doyles run small? I ordered a 40, got a 42 instead and looks like they're out now, so seeing if I can make 42 work...

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Been noticing a lot shrinkage on most of my size L epaulet novelty fabric stuff after a cold wash, hang dry. My leopard chain stitch shirt sleeves have been shrinking to about 24 inches and my cherry Doyle sleeve is also at 24 inches too after a wash and hang dry.

My blue cord Sinclair is also short in the sleeves but that's something I don't wash. The only Doyle that's sleeve length isn't too bad is the caramel canvas and second run indigo sashiko Doyle. Any one having sleeve length problems too?

mike2

Reaction score
Been noticing a lot shrinkage on most of my size L epaulet novelty fabric stuff after a cold wash, hang dry. My leopard chain stitch shirt sleeves have been shrinking to about 24 inches and my cherry Doyle sleeve is also at 24 inches too after a wash and hang dry.

My blue cord Sinclair is also short in the sleeves but that's something I don't wash. The only Doyle that's sleeve length isn't too bad is the caramel canvas and second run indigo sashiko Doyle. Any one having sleeve length problems too?

Have the opposite problem - the sleeves are too long. I wish there was an option in the MTO to shorten by more than 1", as that didn't make much difference.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had two chainstitch shirts, both XLs. Both shrunk to be unwearable, particularly in sleeve length. I did nothing but a single cold wash and hang dry.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which shirts did you get? My indigo pin stripe chain stitch shirt is the only shirt that didn't shrink.

One was a buffalo plaid and one was a chambray. The chambray shrunk at least a full size. Since the XL chainstitch pattern is already shorter in the sleeves than the previous EP shirt pattern, it was already borderline. After a wash, it just no longer worked for my monkey arms. Obviously, others will appreciate the shorter sleeves.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
One was a buffalo plaid and one was a chambray. The chambray shrunk at least a full size. Since the XL chainstitch pattern is already shorter in the sleeves than the previous EP shirt pattern, it was already borderline. After a wash, it just no longer worked for my monkey arms. Obviously, others will appreciate the shorter sleeves.

Feels like we got the same problem. 26 for me always felt good but the shorter pattern makes it pull when I lift my arm even.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting guys. I source a lot of fabrics each season and generally our shrinkage rates are pretty minimal. There are some outliers... like that cotton/linen which Patrick R mentioned, but for the most part things are consistent.

LIT... you’ve got fairly long arms for our pattern, so you’re noticing it more because the unwashed length is probably just barely long enough. Cotton is still a natural fiber though and even though mills say that shrinkage is between 3 and 5%, you never really know.

I’ll look to present more custom shirting fabrics than ever before this year and our upcoming suiting project on Saturday will have a full MTO option, so anyone who finds our stock sizing difficult will have a lot of options for entirely custom work.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting guys. I source a lot of fabrics each season and generally our shrinkage rates are pretty minimal. There are some outliers... like that cotton/linen which Patrick R mentioned, but for the most part things are consistent.

LIT... you’ve got fairly long arms for our pattern, so you’re noticing it more because the unwashed length is probably just barely long enough. Cotton is still a natural fiber though and even though mills say that shrinkage is between 3 and 5%, you never really know.

I’ll look to present more custom shirting fabrics than ever before this year and our upcoming suiting project on Saturday will have a full MTO option, so anyone who finds our stock sizing difficult will have a lot of options for entirely custom work.

Hey, hope Pitti is going well. In light of other people having some issues with shrinkage I e-mailed you about a recent order where we had settled on -1 inch in a couple of places that I'd like to reverse so I can run it through the wash first and then alter as necessary after. Just hoping someone gets a chance to see it before the order goes for cutting. It's #49002.

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads