• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That picture is why I bought my nat cxl longwings

brown double monks came in today......fit is SO much better than my C&J lowndes. LOVE them.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

brown double monks came in today......fit is SO much better than my C&J lowndes. LOVE them.

By SO much better you mean so badly that you have to sell them to me.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
naw man, i love dub monks, my favorite shoes actually. i tried to keep my lowndes as long as I could but that narrow ass 348 last just couldn't work out. the inca last is WONDERFUL.

also, armoury's description is REALLY deceiving saying that the inca is a 'wide' last. the inca is nothing close to something like an Alden Barrie width. it's like a normal width shoe in my opinion.

they've got a full size run of some color, pick a pair up!

Last edited:

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, the double monks rock. Got mine a couple of days ago. Wearing them tonight for the first time. In a city where I don't know anyone this weekend due to biz. Sitting at a restaurant bar sipping bourbon in my dub monks, a beat up pair of Imogene & Willie Barton's, my Epaulet blue gingham and a Kiton sport coat I picked up second hand.
With the cocktails from earlier, the bourbon now, mixed with the cast of characters I find myself surrounded by I can say this..,it's pretty ******* vivid

Last edited:

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike-
When can we expect the restock and new color releases of the Walt Regiment Twills?

We'll have a re-stock and some new colors up by the middle of next week, most likely. I really think you guy's will dig them. The emerald..dear god.

So stoked that you dig these! I drooled after the one's from the Armoury for so long. When we finally got them in, it was like Christmas. The Inca last is pretty perfect.

Yeah, the double monks rock. Got mine a couple of days ago. Wearing them tonight for the first time. In a city where I don't know anyone this weekend due to biz. Sitting at a restaurant bar sipping bourbon in my dub monks, a beat up pair of Imogene & Willie Barton's, my Epaulet blue gingham and a Kiton sport coat I picked up second hand.
With the cocktails from earlier, the bourbon now, mixed with the cast of characters I find myself surrounded by I can say this..,it's pretty ******* vivid

Glad you're enjoying them! That sounds like a pretty vivid scene. If you come to NYC, we'll definitely grab some cocktails with you (Mike and I are sucker's for Old Fashioned's and Manhattan's). Chances are, we'll all be wearing Carmina dub monks too.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you know when you're restocking gunmetal canvas and khaki canvas rivets?

and yeah, I'm a sucker for dub monks. i really want the snuff suede ones but can't justify it after the dark brown purchase :(

get the fitzgerald in snuff suede, i'll robokop

Last edited:

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7116999293_d0152c06a6_b.jpg

Dear Epaulet,

Normally I keep these comments to myself, but you guys really need to find all the pics with these shoes and burn them and take new product pics with something... better. These shoes are *horrible* in combination with the rivets, especially with the cuff. Yikes. The pants are boss, though.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the camo shirt. I'm tempted to wear them with the digi camo pants, haha.

The Salingers are a great pair of shoes. The last looks great. I posted a picture up with it side by side with PTBs on a Barrie last and the Salingers looked much better.

French Ducks today:
tumblr_m364uiKqTP1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You guys should add a link in the emails to a webpage version. Pictures don't load in my gmail at work :fu:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the Carmina wingtip heels for my wife's surprise birthday present. I'm hoping that the shoes will fit and she'll like them as they look pretty good to me. My batting average is pretty low on these surprise presents for my wife though, so wish me luck....:embar:

BTW, with the pending arrival of my Austerity Brogues next Monday, I would have received something from Epaulet 4 straight weekdays. And I had a couple of shipments from Epaulet the week before and the above Carmina heels later next week. I should just mail my credit card to Mike or something. :p

Simplicio

Reaction score

It is going to be very hard for me not to buy these shoes. I love the Forest last fit and the Dainite sole is perfect with these.

I can also add to the chorus of praise for the natural chromexcel longwings. Mine (not from Epaulet) have darkened somewhat over the last 16 months, although less than the previous picture. They are great casual shoes that consistently get compliments. Get them.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tempted by the sinclair shortwing saddle shell boot myself as I've decided my next want is a Ravello Wingtip/Brixton Boot and these would probably be an even better substitute!

and would def cop that Fitzgerald Shortwing Slate Tumbled Calfskin if it wasn't "tumbled". I've been looking for something in that colorway a longgg time.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads