• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

neutrino

Reaction score
hah, that's what I just thought. Do you get similar results with other pastels? I guess it happens to people having saturated skin tones

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
I'm a size 31 in BB Milano chinos. They fit fine on my waist but I am looking for something more slim and tapered in the legs. Would you recommend buying 31 in your rivet chinos?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking that the Caramel Duck Rivets that the UPS man dropped off are my favoriet purchase ever from Ep. Ok, 2nd favorite after the Cigar Indys last year, with which i'm pairing them today. Yeah, so with the new fit I had to go up to a 36 (as there is no 35) and now feel like a fat ass amongst you young bucks in your 30 waists, but I'm really loving the fit.

Maybe its my extra fury legs, but I don't find the fabric uncomfy at all, at first wear.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a size 31 in BB Milano chinos. They fit fine on my waist but I am looking for something more slim and tapered in the legs. Would you recommend buying 31 in your rivet chinos?

In my experience, the waist of the BB Milano is on par with the Epaulet waist. In fact, the Milano may even be half an inch smaller. One option is to buy the Epaulet Rivet in 30 and, if need be, let out the waist a bit.

The best thing to do is to measure your Milanos and compare those with the measurements for the Rivets listed on Epaulet's website.

runningfrog

Reaction score

New vs Old Chino Fit

Hey guys,
I've been getting a lot of PM's about the new vs old chino fit. I've got a quick photo comparison to show you the difference:

On the left is the brand new 7oz French Blue, and on the right is the "old" fit in Optic White. The leg fit on both of these is identical. Thighs are the same, knees are the same, leg opening is the same. The only difference is an extra 0.5" in the waist and a little bit extra throughout the seat. You can see how the French Blue has a nice fit throughout while the Optic White is slightly tight at the top, and is pinching him a bit around the waist. It's a tiny tweak that I'm confident results in a better fit. I've seen about 40 pairs sell since this past week. It definitely works, and most of those units went to repeat customers. The Rivet Chino isn't the slimmest pant on the market - it's not intended to be - but the new fit is just as slim as it always was. Most customers won't even really notice a difference, they'll just feel that the top block is a bit more comfortable and balanced.

I saw a reference to the "new new fit." What is the current fit in relation to the very first drop of 10oz french blues ducks that I bought? For reference, 33 was buttonable but realistically just a bit too tight.

the 10oz french blue is the "new" fit and the 7oz french blue (and everything released afterwards) is the "new new" fit. basically, it seems like the "new new" fit has "an extra 0.5" in the waist and a little extra throughout the seat". i don't have any "new new" chinos yet, but i have the 10oz french blues and caramel ducks and they are a little slimmer at the waist compared to the original rivet fit (w/o the curved waistband). i kept the same size throughout and i expect the "new new" fit to be spot on.

scrub0bk

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help about stretching.

Would i be better letting the waist out a bit or just ordering 33's and leaving myself some wiggle room? I know i can return the pants for store credit and just order them when they do a restock. Or i might just swap them for the wine's. That is one fine color.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And man, I forgot about that double-faced bowtie. You're rocking it hard.

Thanks! Got it as a birthday gift from a friend.
bigstar[1].gif

Last edited:

narcissism

Reaction score
I have a question for all the rivet chinos guys out there. I have lost a bit of weight and do not know my true pants size anymore. I am between a 30 and 32 in most brands and am 5'10'' and 150 lbs. Any sizing advice guys?

rk9

Reaction score

I have a question for all the rivet chinos guys out there. I have lost a bit of weight and do not know my true pants size anymore. I am between a 30 and 32 in most brands and am 5'10'' and 150 lbs. Any sizing advice guys?

Tough to say. I will say that I usually wear a 33 in most pants and the 33 rivets I got was snug in the waist. So I will have them let out a bit. I just ordered a 34 of the grey oxford cloth so I hope that works out better.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Using a cloth tape measure, measure your waist size where you'd like the top of your chinos to sit (usually about 2" below the navel). Compare that with the measurements listed on the Epaulet site.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Why do only the red and orangish colors show for 7oz? Don't see anything in preorder section either. When do the rest pop up? Thanks guys, extra .5" sounds perfect for me :)

sharkminusbear

Reaction score

I recently lost some weight too. 5'7" and 150 lbs. I'm wearing a 31 in the chinos and a 30 in the walts. The walts are a little tight, but you can split the waistband just a bit to make it more comfortable.

kidamerica17

Reaction score
I recently lost some weight too. 5'7" and 150 lbs. I'm wearing a 31 in the chinos and a 30 in the walts. The walts are a little tight, but you can split the waistband just a bit to make it more comfortable.

I'm just about the same dimensions and wear the same sizes in both.

ibitegirls

Reaction score
o_O

The Digi Camo pants are SICK.
drool.gif

i will order to see how they look in real life, i doubt i will be able to return them because their rare item

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads