• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so I got these fixed back in august and finally wore them yesterday. Now the seam is loose in 2 other spots. I’m not too big for these or anything…

back to the dry cleaner

wore them for the 3rd time..and they came apart again for the 3rd time....

L.I.T.

Reaction score
DOYLE JACKET PROJECT: HEAVY WOOL, TWEED, & PROMO FABRICS

Here's some mock ups of the Doyle's made up with a few of the double faced made on the both the solid and patterned side. Pre-Order close tomorrow since Eva's buying the fabric tomorrow.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER: DOYLE JACKET PROJECT: HEAVY WOOL, TWEED, & PROMO FABRICS

Doyle Promo 12.23 -1.jpg
Doyle Promo 12.23 -2.jpg
Doyle Promo 12.23 -3.jpg
Doyle Promo 12.23 -4.jpg
Doyle Promo 12.23 -5.jpg
Doyle Promo 12.23 -6.jpg

Michael Bandy

Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You already know I love this! Extremely well done!

Thanks Michael!

And just so everyone else knows... Michael has a very special piece of custom Sashiko outerwear running through right now. I won't give any spoilers, but we're all seriously jazzed for this thing! Will be plenty of photos and videos when it comes through

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Hey guys just in case anyones wondering about what's the difference between the Los Angeles made Garand Jean compared to the Hertling made Garand I made two informational graphics.

Quick note as well, if you choose to get them hemmed by us we'll wash the jeans before hemming them to ensure you get the correct inseam after wash.

Order Link Below
GARAND JEAN PROJECT: SELVEDGE DENIM & FLECKED DENIM

Garand Chino Promo DETAILS.png
Garand Chino Promo FIT.png

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

utopiaburger

Reaction score
The Moss is darker and a bit less green. The big difference is texture and weight. Cannonball is heavy and really stiff on the first wear. It's a legit workwear fabric that takes some time to break in, but will fade like a beast over time.

The Moss Twill is really soft and comfortable on the first wear. The hand on it is amazing actually... it's 100% cotton but honestly feels just like the cotton-cashmere blend that we used to run with Hertling.

You were not kidding about the cannonball canvas - it is really stiff! Anything I can do to help them break in a bit faster, besides just wearing them?

Also how much will they shrink in length over time? I usually wash/dry a few times before hemming but I'm a 28" inseam so there's a lot of extra fabric right now. I was thinking about hemming to ~30" right off the bat but I don't want them to end up too short down the road.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You were not kidding about the cannonball canvas - it is really stiff! Anything I can do to help them break in a bit faster, besides just wearing them?

Also how much will they shrink in length over time? I usually wash/dry a few times before hemming but I'm a 28" inseam so there's a lot of extra fabric right now. I was thinking about hemming to ~30" right off the bat but I don't want them to end up too short down the road.

Oh yes, it's a true workwear fabric, so the break-in is similar to denim. The more you wash them, the faster they'll soften up too. You can consider using liquid fabric softener.

I find that the total shrinkage is 0.5" to 1". Most guys will leave about an inch of break on a cotton pant because the length naturally varies with washing. A wash causes the fabric to contract and sit higher, and then wear and use causes it to stretch and hang lower. So I'd say a 30" hem is totally safe if you typically do a 28 for wool and other dry-clean only pants.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick update: We got all of our Sashiko garments today! Natural ones will ship out on Monday-Tuesday, and dyed colors should (hopefully) be next Thursday. Thanks to everyone who preordered... can't wait to see all of these new pieces!

Also, we'll have open stock in Hazelnut Doyles & Laidbacks, Indigo Laidbacks, and a new mystery color for both shapes.

And when I say "mystery," I'm not trying to be coy. We chose a color that looks like purple and indigo put together -- and then washed out. Looks great on the swatch, but I have honestly no idea how it's going to be in the finished garments. Fingers crossed!

4B0B937D-5926-4518-A85C-5A45333BC41E.jpeg
7A699B2C-7EAF-4866-9574-D3AA7C6955FC.jpeg

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance of bringing back the sweatpants. I wore out my first pair and was distraught until you brought them back. Now my newer pair is on its last legs. I am hoping my wear out schedule matches your restocking plans perfectly just like last time.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any chance of bringing back the sweatpants. I wore out my first pair and was distraught until you brought them back. Now my newer pair is on its last legs. I am hoping my wear out schedule matches your restocking plans perfectly just like last time.

Haha, I hear what you're saying. Anyone who knows me will attest that the tiedye camo sweatpants of Winter 2020 are my usual uniform for the house. They are freaking amazing, and I just rotate two pairs back and forth.

To be honest, I don't see myself getting back into them. I think that they were a solid product, but I just don't have the branding to really carry them. I'm grateful to have sold so many custom WEBA Merino Wool shirts this past year. But I'm not sure that one brand can be good with both that kind of product AND sweatpants.

That said, I interviewed Pat Allen from Uniform LA earlier this year, and I know that they do a great job with sweatpants. I've heard good things about their products so it might be worth checking out what they're offering

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, I hear what you're saying. Anyone who knows me will attest that the tiedye camo sweatpants of Winter 2020 are my usual uniform for the house. They are freaking amazing, and I just rotate two pairs back and forth.

To be honest, I don't see myself getting back into them. I think that they were a solid product, but I just don't have the branding to really carry them. I'm grateful to have sold so many custom WEBA Merino Wool shirts this past year. But I'm not sure that one brand can be good with both that kind of product AND sweatpants.

That said, I interviewed Pat Allen from Uniform LA earlier this year, and I know that they do a great job with sweatpants. I've heard good things about their products so it might be worth checking out what they're offering

😭
Between no tennis trainers and no sweatpants or hoodies, my at home winter wardrobe is really taking a huge hit as things wear out. I tossed my last pair of tennis trainers about a year ago. I still have one hoodie left, but was the thinner indigo type, not the gunmetal one with the double zipper that I loved way too much.

The soles of my natural horsehide GATs have come loose, but I think I can just have them reglued by a cobbler. They have held up really well. Great patina too. I think they are 8 or 9 years old.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads