• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

We're closing our Spring/Summer shirt promo tonight. It's the last chance to save 15% with code spring15, and if you buy five shirts at once, we'll refund the cost of the lowest price one. With delivery in mid to late April, it's a great time to order!

There's a ton of fabrics available, so I put together a quick video of (in my opinion) the most crucial choices...

The shirts on offer are divided into four different categories. This way, it's easy to assemble a great lineup of five new pieces!

CASUAL SHIRTS: Chambray, Gauzy Cotton, Linen, Seersucker
casualig.jpg

DRESS SHIRTS: Lots of new stripes, checks and solids
dress1.jpg

ALBINI PRINTS AND FLORALS: Bold, rad, and four-season
albiniig.jpg

BASIC OXFORDS: Our best selling category! Tough and comfortable British and Pinpoint Oxfords
oxfordig.jpg

Valfunde

Reaction score
Unfortunate that I have to write this but it is what it is. Take this as a lesson.

So back in July 21, 2020 I ordered some shirts for some individualized shirts. Had some concerns about sizing but was told it probably be alright. It wasn't but that's on me. Was gonna sell these at a loss but then Eva told me I should send it over to IS to see if they could fix the issue. This was back in Nov. 2020 now.

Fast forward today and still nothing. Granted, I shouldn't have waited that long but considering it was during Covid and I'm not one to usually want to bother people so I waited in naïve faith as I bought from Epaulet plenty of times.

So I'm now out $1,130.95 and don't even have the products to show for it. So if there's any delays or problems with what you have with Epaulet HOUND THEM. Take my L as a lesson and not wait even if you had a good relationship with them.

So yeah it was on me to follow up again and again but I dislike being told what to do by a retailer and not have it followed up with me as well. It is what it is.

Talked with L.I.T. a while back to see if IS still has the shirts but considering that it's been almost three weeks since I've last heard I'm assuming they don't.

Said my peace and I'm outie. ✌

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Epaulet aubergine sashiko Doyle. It is outstanding. Love the color and, perhaps I'm lucky, because the arms are about 1/2" shorter than my gunmetal sashiko Doyle from a couple years back. I wear a 40S in suits and my older Doyle is too long in the arms, but fine in the body. In the aubergine, the arms are just right and the body hasn't changed.

Haven't tried them on but the yoshiwa khaki jungle twill shorts look awesome in person. If they still have your size on sale (such a deep discount) jump on them now. They are like a British khaki, darker than the other shorts I have in beige and the twill fabric just rocks. Can't wait for the weather to warm up.

Sometimes you buy on a whim because things are on sale and they wind up being some of your favorite pieces. This is going to be one of those times.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So good!!! Glad to see that those GAT's are still going strong!!!

Unfortunate that I have to write this but it is what it is. Take this as a lesson.

So back in July 21, 2020 I ordered some shirts for some individualized shirts. Had some concerns about sizing but was told it probably be alright. It wasn't but that's on me. Was gonna sell these at a loss but then Eva told me I should send it over to IS to see if they could fix the issue. This was back in Nov. 2020 now.

Fast forward today and still nothing. Granted, I shouldn't have waited that long but considering it was during Covid and I'm not one to usually want to bother people so I waited in naïve faith as I bought from Epaulet plenty of times.

So I'm now out $1,130.95 and don't even have the products to show for it. So if there's any delays or problems with what you have with Epaulet HOUND THEM. Take my L as a lesson and not wait even if you had a good relationship with them.

So yeah it was on me to follow up again and again but I dislike being told what to do by a retailer and not have it followed up with me as well. It is what it is.

Talked with L.I.T. a while back to see if IS still has the shirts but considering that it's been almost three weeks since I've last heard I'm assuming they don't.

Said my peace and I'm outie. ✌

Just dropped you an email on this. Ming was following up with the factory several times a week and corresponding with you regularly, but dealing with 2020 fallout is difficult. The employees who received your shirt are no longer there, and it simply had to go up the chain for them to take responsibility for the lost merchandise.

Individualized is a corporation, only one guy makes the decision to authorize a credit that large, and he took his time to do it. Just like you guys, all that I can really do is follow up repeatedly with calls and emails. If this problem happened now, it would be quick to fix. But it's old, and they wanted to make absolutely sure that your merchandise wasn't tucked away in a corner somewhere.

We do have a resolution, and they're going to make a fresh batch of shirts for you. We certainly had a ton of pandemic-era production problems. I'm still dealing with some issues from this time, but we're going to make every customer whole. We got you on this!

Every time I see pics of their GATs I admire them :)

Same here -- I miss those shoes!!

Just got my Epaulet aubergine sashiko Doyle. It is outstanding. Love the color and, perhaps I'm lucky, because the arms are about 1/2" shorter than my gunmetal sashiko Doyle from a couple years back. I wear a 40S in suits and my older Doyle is too long in the arms, but fine in the body. In the aubergine, the arms are just right and the body hasn't changed.

Haven't tried them on but the yoshiwa khaki jungle twill shorts look awesome in person. If they still have your size on sale (such a deep discount) jump on them now. They are like a British khaki, darker than the other shorts I have in beige and the twill fabric just rocks. Can't wait for the weather to warm up.

Sometimes you buy on a whim because things are on sale and they wind up being some of your favorite pieces. This is going to be one of those times.

Fantastic, thank you for posting and I'm so glad to hear that you're pleased with everything!! I'd love to see a fit pic of the Aubergine Doyle if you have a chance!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
THE CALI CANVAS PROJECT IS HAPPENING TODAY

By popular request... we've put together the raddes suiting project that we've ever offered.

We sourced a perfect prepare-for-dye 8oz cotton canvas from Japan. We're going to offer the Sinclair Sportcoat, the Rivet Chino, AND the Wilhelm Chino in NINE different colors. Everything is garment dyed, pre-shrunk, machine washable, and perfectly color matched.

And our pricing is bonkers. Preorder price for the jacket is $180 and the chino is $115. So you get an entire 2-piece suit for $295. You can get the jacket in any size from 36 to 48, and the chinos in any size from 28 to 40.

Even if you don't want a suit, it's a great chance to stock up on our chinos! We haven't offered the Wilhelm in about two years.

Delivery will be right on time at the end of April. More details to come!

Suit Lapel Editorial.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THE CALI CANVAS PROJECT IS HAPPENING TODAY

By popular request... we've put together the raddes suiting project that we've ever offered.

We sourced a perfect prepare-for-dye 8oz cotton canvas from Japan. We're going to offer the Sinclair Sportcoat, the Rivet Chino, AND the Wilhelm Chino in NINE different colors. Everything is garment dyed, pre-shrunk, machine washable, and perfectly color matched.

And our pricing is bonkers. Preorder price for the jacket is $180 and the chino is $115. So you get an entire 2-piece suit for $295. You can get the jacket in any size from 36 to 48, and the chinos in any size from 28 to 40.

Even if you don't want a suit, it's a great chance to stock up on our chinos! We haven't offered the Wilhelm in about two years.

Delivery will be right on time at the end of April. More details to come!

View attachment 1766697
Will the Wilhelm be the stock pattern that it was years ago? I.e. button fly, large thighs and strong taper?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will the Wilhelm be the stock pattern that it was years ago? I.e. button fly, large thighs and strong taper?

Yes, it's the same fit and shape as before, but we changed it to a zip fly. Lots of requests for that, and it cuts down on our costs. The Wilhelm used to retail for $20 more than the Rivet, but it's now the same price.

The sample for our shoot is a Wilhelm. Although it was designed for guys with bigger legs, it definitely works for slimmer legs too... as shown by our model here. It gives a less fitted, old school vibe.

Suit Wilhelm Main.jpg

FREAKIN' EHH!!!!!!

Yeah I can't wait!!

And everyone should feel comfortable with ordering their normal size in this. We have enough cloth on hand to do nearly 200 units, so we're able to really calculate the shrinkage.

We did two full sets of the samples. The Grey suit (pictured) went from a 40R to about a 38S. It works nicely on the model because he's around 5'8".

We also have a totally undyed suit that's entirely sized do spec.

Later this week, I'll meet with our size grader and we're going to measure each and every dimension of the jacket and pant. Pre-and post-wash differences will be calculated, and we'll build that into the pattern. When these are cut, they'll be cut larger to shrink down to the correct size.

This isn't the most scientific thing, but we should be very close to our typical size spec on these. And they'll of course be totally pre-shrunk and machine washable when you get them.

Color selection is great! We'll offer:

Indigo
Olive
Gunmetal
Aubergine
British Khaki
Neon Orange
Neon Pink
Neon Yellow
Cosmic Tiedye Camo

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's the same fit and shape as before, but we changed it to a zip fly. Lots of requests for that, and it cuts down on our costs. The Wilhelm used to retail for $20 more than the Rivet, but it's now the same price.

The sample for our shoot is a Wilhelm. Although it was designed for guys with bigger legs, it definitely works for slimmer legs too... as shown by our model here. It gives a less fitted, old school vibe.

View attachment 1766711

Yeah I can't wait!!

And everyone should feel comfortable with ordering their normal size in this. We have enough cloth on hand to do nearly 200 units, so we're able to really calculate the shrinkage.

We did two full sets of the samples. The Grey suit (pictured) went from a 40R to about a 38S. It works nicely on the model because he's around 5'8".

We also have a totally undyed suit that's entirely sized do spec.

Later this week, I'll meet with our size grader and we're going to measure each and every dimension of the jacket and pant. Pre-and post-wash differences will be calculated, and we'll build that into the pattern. When these are cut, they'll be cut larger to shrink down to the correct size.

This isn't the most scientific thing, but we should be very close to our typical size spec on these. And they'll of course be totally pre-shrunk and machine washable when you get them.

Color selection is great! We'll offer:

Indigo
Olive
Gunmetal
Aubergine
British Khaki
Neon Orange
Neon Pink
Neon Yellow
Cosmic Tiedye Camo
Wow, you read my mind. That was the one thing I was hoping had changed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads