• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Still hearing the siren song of that Fox Brother's Cranberry. Mike how much warmer will the Fenway wear than the Quincy (I assume some amount due to the lining)? I love my Quincy in the fall and spring but I don't know if it's Canadian winter wear

Oh man it’s so freaking good! The Fenway is going to be significantly warmer than the Quincy due to the lining and the double breasted design. That fabric is hardcore too. It’s about as warm as a tailored wool overcoat can be @Sartorium

97D9F611-4CBF-4903-A4DA-B159563354C6.jpeg

I have two questions.
Are there going to be stock individualized OCBD? I thought I heard they were coming. Want to try out a size to get a baseline if they’re on the horizon.
Second, can we order Southwick MTO trousers in fabrics not on your site? I’m looking for something like a chino fabric, cords, or moleskin. How do we arrange that if it is possible?
Thanks in advance

@dcjohnson yes to OCBD off the rack shirts, should have them in about three weeks. We did some Fall flannels too as stock.

For the pants, we have cords and chino cloth with Hertling right now.. there’s some great options and it’s definitely less expensive with them

epaulet noob here. Will any of the corduroys be available this fall as a RTW option? Or only MTO? Slightly nervous to pull the trigger on the latter as I don't have any previous experience with sizing.

Just MTO for Hertling cords, but if you have a pant that fits you well now, I can easily guide you into the right fit and shape based on a few easy measurements

Apologies if this has already been addressed earlier in this thread, but is there any ETA on the grey sashiko EZ pants? If we preordered back in early August, will that arrive in mid-October?

I don't think it's late or anything (definitely not a complaint), but am curious.

Thanks!

@JackL2 right on track.. I’m expecting to ship all that Sashiko in about two weeks

Last edited:

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caved and ordered my Fenway. Mike it looks like the specifications are bigger than the Quincy for the same size, is that just because the chest overlaps? Should I take the same size? I've been having trouble layering a sweater underneath my Quincy but not sure what to do about Fenway sizing.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caved and ordered my Fenway. Mike it looks like the specifications are bigger than the Quincy for the same size, is that just because the chest overlaps? Should I take the same size? I've been having trouble layering a sweater underneath my Quincy but not sure what to do about Fenway sizing.
Here is what the product page has to say:

"*We advise that you order the same size as your sportcoat in the Quincy. For the Fenway, order 1 size down. For example, if you wear a 40 sportjacket, order a 39 in the Fenway."

Fenway is most definitely larger, as the style tends to lend itself more to layering.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EP Alden boots and shirt:

777E8B63-719B-4FAC-B08D-88FEAAD32112.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any update on EFF back in August? Just gauging time frames is all.

@espen which EFF?

@Sartorium thanks dude, you're going to love it! I'd say to order 1 inch below your typical sportcoat size (ex get a 39 Fenway if you take a 40 jacket). You'll still have room for a thick sportcoat or sweater underneath, it's a pretty generous fit.

EP Alden boots and shirt:

View attachment 1046362

@peppercorn78 smooth!!! Boots still going strong!

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but I don’t recall seeing Mike’s favorite fabric choices for this Southwick promo. In the meantime, what does everybody else like?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
SOUTHWICK PROMO EXTENDED

Hey dudes, we ended up with a bunch of fitting appointments today and tomorrow in LA, so I got Southwick to extend the discount window till Thursday. That's going to be the hard deadline though, as they want to start work on everything Friday morning. So the codes southwick20 and barberis15 are still active

@Epaulet The Rivet and Sandow Ends for Friends back in late August

@espen ah should be about two more weeks on those.

Maybe I missed it, but I don’t recall seeing Mike’s favorite fabric choices for this Southwick promo. In the meantime, what does everybody else like?

@suuteebird thanks for asking, I'll hook that up in the morning, definitely got some strong call-outs and things that we've sold well.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All about dat Murse life.

"It's a men's European carry-all! A purse! I carry a purse!"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads