• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I was thinking.

If you can get the raw sole itself, you have a chance - my son is re-gluing the upper to the midsole of a pair of vintage Jordan's because of a squeak, as detailed in this video: (sort of annoying commentary and music, but good skill/process)

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can get the raw sole itself, you have a chance - my son is re-gluing the upper to the midsole of a pair of vintage Jordan's because of a squeak, as detailed in this video: (sort of annoying commentary and music, but good skill/process)

Very impressive resole on those

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very impressive resole on those
I agree - not sure if the sole unit is available, and probably there are some differences in construction, but if I invested in shell cordovan sneakers and the soles were done, I'd probably try it...

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree - not sure if the sole unit is available, and probably there are some differences in construction, but if I invested in shell cordovan sneakers and the soles were done, I'd probably try it... 

You might be able to order a spare set of soles during a pre order.

BenLeaman

Reaction score
Cool Water Heather Merino Wool Rudys ordered. I've been on the lookout for an interesting blue fabric, this fits the bill nicely. Would have considered more but I have a pile of Walts at the tailor having the seats/thighs adjusted. Imma be flushed with properly fitting EP trousers here soon! #dumpslikeatruck

Also @epaulet, when is the Portugal shirting EFF arriving? I can't remember and I'm really looking forward to them!

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kopped the Blackwatch for my Scottish heart. I may waffle and pick up one more still...

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A pic of my brother, my HS buddy that we lost touch with except reconnected here on this thread @cyclohexane, and me.

My brother got some shell sneakers which were insanely beautiful.

I was able to score a sweet Aero jacket in navy leather with nickel hardware. Here's a pic of me in the black version. Crappy pic beware:

We had an awesome time with Adele and Peter and we can't wait for the next go around.

Medoc

Reaction score
^ These pics have me considering the black military twill to incorporate into some casual looks. Nice fit/look all around. Thanks @StanleyVanBuren

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A pic of my brother, my HS buddy that we lost touch with except reconnected here on this thread @cyclohexane, and me.

My brother got some shell sneakers which were insanely beautiful.

I was able to score a sweet Aero jacket in navy leather with nickel hardware. Here's a pic of me in the black version. Crappy pic beware:

We had an awesome time with Adele and Peter and we can't wait for the next go around.

That Aero jacket looks really great, I'm intrigued by the upcoming MTO program with them.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to happily report that with a pair of wool long johns underneath the moleskin Walts can handle 30-40 mph winds in 37F weather on the west coast of Iceland with ease. Even the horizontal rain provided you aren't standing in it too long.

Looking forward to the EFF, once I get home in two days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads