• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Chromexcel Belts

Hey guys! We got a small box of belts in today - and these will be the last restocks of the year. We've been out of Navy 34 (for a 32 waist), Natural 34 (for a 32 waist), and nearly every size of brown for weeks. Those are all back in stock and ready to ship immediately. Here's the lineup:

CASUAL BELT BROWN HORWEEN CHROMEXCEL by EPAULET: $95

CASUAL BELT NAVY HORWEEN CHROMEXCEL by EPAULET: $95

CASUAL BELT NATURAL HORWEEN CHROMEXCEL by EPAULET: $95

CASUAL BELT BLACK HORWEEN CHROMEXCEL by EPAULET: $95

plato

Reaction score
Chromexcel Belts

Hey guys! We got a small box of belts in today - and these will be the last restocks of the year. We've been out of Navy 34 (for a 32 waist), Natural 34 (for a 32 waist), and nearly every size of brown for weeks. Those are all back in stock and ready to ship immediately. Here's the lineup:

CASUAL BELT BROWN HORWEEN CHROMEXCEL by EPAULET: $95

CASUAL BELT NAVY HORWEEN CHROMEXCEL by EPAULET: $95

CASUAL BELT NATURAL HORWEEN CHROMEXCEL by EPAULET: $95

CASUAL BELT BLACK HORWEEN CHROMEXCEL by EPAULET: $95
So, question to clarify. When you're talking about sizes for belts vs. trouser size, is that trouser size a real waist measurement, EP sizing (off of real by 1 inch usually), or average vanity sizing (2-4 inches)? I measure a 34 waist, in a real literal measurement, usually buy Walts in 34 (for the extra leg room) and have the waist taken back in. Would that be a 34 or a 36 belt?

Thanks.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, question to clarify. When you're talking about sizes for belts vs. trouser size, is that trouser size a real waist measurement, EP sizing (off of real by 1 inch usually), or average vanity sizing (2-4 inches)? I measure a 34 waist, in a real literal measurement, usually buy Walts in 34 (for the extra leg room) and have the waist taken back in. Would that be a 34 or a 36 belt?

Thanks. 

You'll need a 36 inch belt.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snagged the brown cxl. Glad there was a restock before the end of the year. Can't wait to pair it with my indys.

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
Couple questions / comments for Mike or anyone else who might be able to answer:

CXL Belts - I own the Navy and Natty, both are awesome, got them in 34s (I'm a waist 32 or 33). Wear the Natty far more than the Navy, and it has stretched almost a full 1 and 5/8" vs. the Navy (also compared to the Snuff Suede epaulet 34 belt as well for comparison's sake, the Natty CXL is about 2" longer than that belt).

I believe Mike and others noted the stretching is to be expected with CXL leather. Does this mean though that I should be sizing down for these belts to the 32 should I purchase another one (looking at the Brown)? I think I should, but just wanted some feedback from the experts.

Heirloom Cardigan - really, really like this thing, just received shipment (the Navy, it's really very good looking and fits perfectly). It is, however, an itchy sweater these first wears for me, just tried it on with a T-shirt (neck and arms exposed/itchy). Has anyone else experienced this itchiness, is it to be expected, and if so, assume this smooths out over time? Or no?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
Cool - thanks for the feedback guys - figured it would soften/itch less over time, but was def curious to hear from others. Much appreciated!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads