• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oh my, that would be a damn good looking boot. trying to decide if i'm going to accept an assignment in south america but if not, i think i see a need for some oxblood

What do you do, Porter?

oisin

Reaction score

That's a cool shot. I had a tie on with my Doyle too. The look works as far as I'm concerned.

@oisin

what jeans are those? Nice look with the Doyle.

Nice @oisin
. Tie and casual jacket is a sharp look in general, I think.

Almost positive they are the Epaulet grey Wilshire that were recently released

Yup grey Wilshires. Thanks, glad you think the look works. I'm always wary of jeans and tie, but I felt like this was ok. It's sort of the classic blazer and grey trouser look made 5x casual. Though it might be better with grey chinos or something. I've been wearing the crap out of the grey jeans a white shirt (t-shirt, oxford untucked or not, etc) and the Doyle recently.

pekingman

Reaction score
Hey Mike-
Any updates on the MTO trouser program?

Mike - a related question ...Do I remember correctly that there was mention a while ago of a return of the oxford cloth rivets this year? Or maybe just oxford cloth trousers in one of the new cuts? The ones from a couple of seasons ago are still are my go-to choice for casual wear on really hot days and another pair would certainly get some use...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Mike-
Any updates on the MTO trouser program?

Sorry guys - still under construction and finalizing the fabric lineup. Hoping for everything this week.

Mike -  a related question ...Do I remember correctly that there was mention a while ago of a return of the oxford cloth rivets this year? Or maybe just oxford cloth trousers in one of the new cuts? The ones from a couple of seasons ago are still are my go-to choice for casual wear on really hot days and another pair would certainly get some use... 

Well, I won't have those exact items for this summer, but I may have something that will be similar.

We began work on a new chino which we're calling the Rivet GD (for Garment Dye). The idea is to make an extremely soft, washed, and casual version of the Rivet Chino. The construction specs are:

1) Identical top block and waist fit to the Rivet Chino

2) Flat Felled back seam and no interior seam allowance. This will mean that it has the same construction as a jean. You won't be able to let it out, but you can take it in. This will allow us to use lighter weight and finer fabrics, like the oxford cloths - without worrying about rear seam failures.

3) Stronger taper after the knee

4) No interior twill taping

Once the shape is made, the entire thing will go through a series of treatments. It will be fully garment dyed, so we can select any colors that we like. After the garment dye it will be enzyme washed to set the color and soften it further. And then given a light silicone wash for a really excellent hand. Incotex chinos are made in a similar fashion.

The result will be a lightweight and extremely soft sibling to the Rivet Chino - which will share the same fit. All of the dyeing is pricey, but by simplifying the construction and tweaking the details, we should be able to keep it at about the same price.

I bought a lot of 9oz Galey and Lord prepare-for-dye military twill to use for the first runs. But we can certainly run this in that oxford cloth as well. If you thought that the Rivet felt good in that fabric, wait until we wash the hell out of it!

malwear

Reaction score

I bought a lot of 9oz Galey and Lord prepare-for-dye military twill to use for the first runs. But we can certainly run this in that oxford cloth as well. If you thought that the Rivet felt good in that fabric, wait until we wash the hell out of it!

I would definitely buy an oxford cloth rivet GD.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry guys - still under construction and finalizing the fabric lineup. Hoping for everything this week.
Well, I won't have those exact items for this summer, but I may have something that will be similar.

We began work on a new chino which we're calling the Rivet GD (for Garment Dye). The idea is to make an extremely soft, washed, and casual version of the Rivet Chino. The construction specs are:

2) Flat Felled back seam and no interior seam allowance. This will mean that it has the same construction as a jean. You won't be able to let it out, but you can take it in. This will allow us to use lighter weight and finer fabrics, like the oxford cloths - without worrying about rear seam failures.

Once the shape is made, the entire thing will go through a series of treatments. It will be fully garment dyed, so we can select any colors that we like. After the garment dye it will be enzyme washed to set the color and soften it further. And then given a light silicone wash for a really excellent hand. Incotex chinos are made in a similar fashion.

The result will be a lightweight and extremely soft sibling to the Rivet Chino - which will share the same fit. All of the dyeing is pricey, but by simplifying the construction and tweaking the details, we should be able to keep it at about the same price.

I'm probably in the minority here but I would have preferred the taper below the knee to remain the same. I've kind of gotten away from the small hem opening look. It's because the RCs fit me so perfectly now!

tigerpac

Reaction score
Well Kelly Green Gingham didn't make it in time for St. Pats so plan b it is. Oh well, next year I'll be ready!

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
The Snorkel Parka is extremely warm. I wouldn't say that it's as warm as a thick down Canada Goose jacket though. But that's part of its selling point for many guys.

Canada Goose jackets are heavy as hell and extremely hot. They're the warmest jacket that I've ever worn. The only issue was that they were overkill for most days in NYC, and I'd be roasting whenever I was on the subway or walking around indoors. Forget about hanging it somewhere in a bar or restaurant - it was like trying to stash a small child.

If you're somewhere much colder than NYC, then the Snorkel Parka's usefulness will largely depend on your lifestyle. For regular commuting and metro living, it does an excellent job (outside of looking rad). It's military-spec and designed to hold up in very cold temperatures. If you spend a lot of times outdoors and need something for hiking or long activities, then you're probably better off with a thick down-filled parka.

For sizing, going TTS should absolutely give you enough room for a very thick sweater underneath. I take a 41 jacket and can still wear the 40 Snorkel over a suit without being scrunched. We're down to the last few units of the Snorkel Parka and it is officially a closed edition. Spiewak shuttered their USA production of this piece, and it will never be made again. Last of a dying breed!

Thanks Mike and everyone who responded about the snorkel parka. I just picked it up in sage in size 42! I'm a 42 or 44 in jackets usually depending on the brand (e.g. LBM arms are too slim in 42 so I have to take 44), and decided to play it safe and size up a bit so I can comfortably throw a suit on under it and even throw on a bunch of layers if I need to be outside for hours at a time.

Can't wait to get it even though spring is coming (though Southern Ontario might not be acting like it..).

kwanon

Reaction score

I've been thinking for a while now that, with the numerous products and fits you've added, it would be good if there were a single page on your website where you break it all down. One really needs to do a lot of sleuthing, or asking on SF, to know what the differences are between all of your product lines.

neutrino

Reaction score
^ Sounds reasonable.
Also, not sure if it's possible, but I would really love it if we could periodically get a schedule of what's coming down and when. That's a selfish request - I do have some FF shirts and a Carmina boot preorder due to arrive soon. But also I'd use that data to pick a date for my possible visit to the store; and I think for a lot of guys it would be beneficial for planning out future purchases as well.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the random drawing ever take place for the Fall Contest?

zinc2162

Reaction score
So many good stuffs coming down the pipeline. I am particularly interested in the Galey & Lord trousers, the hoodie and the henley!!
biggrin.gif

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but any chance we'll see more of the pindot chambray fabric from a couple years ago? My chambray shrank way more than I expected when I first washed it so I eventually had to sell it. It was an awesome shirt though.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
putseller96