• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dieg0

Reaction score
Yeah, I wonder what Europeans with wide feet do for fine footwear? At least the English have Loake, and we have AE and (to a lesser extent) Alden...

We shall see. All I know is the chance to get this boot in plum museum calf for less than 550 I couldnt pass up:

I've got the same problem as you guys. Well if you have wide feet, you can go for church's (have different widths) or JMWeston (no extra cost for different widths), C&J also have sometimes larger widths and a lot of different lasts, but you'll for sure have to pay an extra MTO-fee for that. Otherwise, unlike the states you have bespoke (or semi-bespoke) at a very fair price,
just to cite some of the most famous: Maftei, Vass (austrian) , meccariello (Napoli), Riccardo Borella (lake maggiore), Boccache&Salvucci (rome) etc. Not mentioning local shoemakers who charge you also somewhere between 800€/2000€.

It's is in my signature for sale. Unfortunately the sizing did not work out for me so I worn them only a few times and determined that they were too tight. It turns out that I need wide width on 946 last.

What size did you take on the 946?

Last edited:

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys :) looking forward to my next Bonafe order.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got the same problem as you guys. Well if you have wide feet, you can go for church's (have different widths) or JMWeston (no extra cost for different widths), C&J also have sometimes larger widths and a lot of different lasts, but you'll for sure have to pay an extra MTO-fee for that. Otherwise, unlike the states you have bespoke (or semi-bespoke) at a very fair price,
just to cite some of the most famous: Maftei, Vass (austrian) , meccariello (Napoli), Riccardo Borella (lake maggiore), Boccache&Salvucci (rome) etc. Not mentioning local shoemakers who charge you also somewhere between 800€/2000€.

I took size 10 but that proved to be narrow for me.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How did you size the 946 relative to US? I wear 10.5 3E in AE and Alden Barrie and took an educated guess by going 10 H for a Bonafe MTO. But a mite nervous about it...

Pepper,

I am with you.  :uhoh:

I am a solid 10E Barrie and I went for the 946 in a UK 9.5 G fitting.  I have such a thick right foot (10EE) that I figured that would be the best.

Gabriel helped greatly with sizing.

The last thing I want to do is drop a G on boots that do not fit properly.....
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

We shall see they outcome in several months....

It does seem that the Europeans do not make wide widths well.   For some reason though I feel Enzo B may be different.....

I think you guys have made right sizing decisions based on what you posted about your sizing.
Initially I ordered 946 last in regular width F but that proved to be just a bit too narrow for me especially for my right foot and this made my chukka unwearable. My feet seems to be somewhere between medium and wide width. Not wide enough to be called wide but not exactly medium width either.

I placed another order for Adelaide just like @MGD83 but this time in H width.

Good luck to everyone on keeps up updated please.

Cityplace

Reaction score
Pictures of the "Burgundy Business" Bonafe that was done a while back:

I guess I'm lucky, the 2102b last fits me almost perfectly, similar to the Carmina Simpson last (a little tighter around the ankle). I wear 11UK in both.

Bertel

Reaction score

I guess I'm lucky, the 2102b last fits me almost perfectly, similar to the Carmina Simpson last (a little tighter around the ankle). I wear 11UK in both.

Beautiful shoe!

Interesting information on the similarity with Simpson yet tigther around the ankle, I need to try the 2102b last! Since Simpson forefoot is rather on the narrow side, I assume you went with the standard F width in 2102b and didn't opt for narrow E width (as I did on 946 last)?

Last edited:

Cityplace

Reaction score
Beautiful shoe!

Interesting information on the similarity with Simpson yet tigther around the ankle, I need to try the 2102b last! Since Simpson forefoot is rather on the narrow side, I assume you went with the standard F width in 2102b and didn't opt for narrow E width (as I did on 946 last)?

Thanks! That is correct, I just went with the standard width for the 2102b. I like the last so much, I've ordered 2 more MTO's as part of Skoak's promotion - a balmoral boot and a wholecut - so interested to see how they turn out.

Perhaps tonight I'll take some comparison shots of me wearing the 2102b vs. Simpson if that would be helpful.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That is correct, I just went with the standard width for the 2102b. I like the last so much, I've ordered 2 more MTO's as part of Skoak's promotion - a balmoral boot and a wholecut - so interested to see how they turn out.

Perhaps tonight I'll take some comparison shots of me wearing the 2102b vs. Simpson if that would be helpful.

that's great info - thanks. those comparison photos would be awesome

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love these. Good thing too, since I proposed this GMTO! (Pats self on back) Seriously though, this is my one pair of Bonafe and I really look forward to ordering many more. Quality for the price is phenomenal.

I'm glad the last worked out for you. I am good with it, but just -- I think that if my instep were even a hair lower, these would no longer work for me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads