• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6096CE61-50F8-48BF-89D9-F7699A5D403A.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the 74945's forefeet feel similar to Meermin's HOK's forefeet? Since they both look similarly tapered in the toebox.
Considering I get the 74945 in G width, yes it does. It’s the reason I like GMTO’s with EB, and through Lorenzo, he always ensures my boots come in G width.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering I get the 74945 in G width, yes it does. It’s the reason I like GMTO’s with EB, and through Lorenzo, he always ensures my boots come in G width.
Is the regular width of 74945 less roomy than 363MOD?
I'm thinking of doing an mto but I’m trying to narrow down lasts first.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the regular width of 74945 less roomy than 363MOD?
I'm thinking of doing an mto but I’m trying to narrow down lasts first.
Yes, 74945 is less roomy for my foot.

GrahamM

Reaction score
I'm compiling a mental "wish list" of shoes that may be purchased over the coming years and I wonder if the Enzo Bonafe aficionados in this forum could tell me what leather the shoe is under "norvegese" on the EB homepage (https://www.enzobonafe.com/) - it's reproduced a lot darker here than on the EB homepage, but seems like a gently "marbled" red/brown colour - really gorgeous:

1647808393463.png

Thanks,

Graham

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm compiling a mental "wish list" of shoes that may be purchased over the coming years and I wonder if the Enzo Bonafe aficionados in this forum could tell me what leather the shoe is under "norvegese" on the EB homepage (https://www.enzobonafe.com/) - it's reproduced a lot darker here than on the EB homepage, but seems like a gently "marbled" red/brown colour - really gorgeous:

View attachment 1768677

Thanks,

Graham

It's a leather called betis. Please bear in mind that the shoes there are usually samples with years, sometimes decades in rotation. The finished product will be different than the pictured samples.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Norvegese boot is 4 560 SEK ex VAT (about 630 USD)

Just comparing EB 2014 prices with 2022 prices for fun. The RRP for Hand Welted Linear Norvegese Construction today is €580 ex VAT (about 5800 SEK). That's an increase of about 27%. Anyone want to take an educated guess what the price increase has been for EG, G&G etc? :)

G&G = increase in price of about 42% since 2015 (comparing RRP for St. James)
EG = increase in price 50% since 2013 (comparing RRP for Dover)

Bonafé was great bang for the buck even back then! And even more so now if you ask me.

GrahamM

Reaction score
It's a leather called betis. Please bear in mind that the shoes there are usually samples with years, sometimes decades in rotation. The finished product will be different than the pictured samples.

Many thanks for your input! Totally understand how leather can vary batch to batch, year to year.

Is it a certain shade of "Betis"? I have seen recent MTO's that use "Betis Castagna" but not this red-brown shade. Has Skoaktiebolaget been involved in any recent MTO's with this colour of "betis"?

Graham

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These natural unglazed shell beauties have been languishing in the shoe room for almost two years, waiting for back to work to happen. Finally!
5EA8BA94-12CE-45D4-8D18-B7C818EE1002.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads