• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS15

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the approx pricing of the Tiki Bedford from SS14?

Last edited:

modual

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know if the Japanese stores EG selection is sized differently to US / EU ?

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

modual

Reaction score
Trying to decide between Ghurka or fatigue shorts both in olive ripstop. Thoughts anyone ?

El QUaG

Reaction score

Trying to decide between Ghurka or fatigue shorts both in olive ripstop. Thoughts anyone ?

I haven't tried this seasons Fatigue Shorts (as I have quite a few from the last few years now), and instead went with Ghurka shorts in olive ripstop and quite happy with them. They fit more generous around the thigh area with a slightly wider leg opening, and also approx 1 inch shorter in length. Colour is nice and dark too which holds well after a wash or three.

I have SS14 Ghurka shorts, which are definitely less generous and cut longer as well (allows for rolling up above knees though). Not suitable for those with large thighs.

I also find the side pockets on Fatigue Shorts/Trousers (and this may have been mentioned previously) tend to encourage loose change/objects to fall out when sitting down. This issue may have been solved with the hidden stash zip pocket featured in the last couple of years, but I find it a little embarrassing when accessing in public -- looks as though I am reaching deep into my main zipper fly to fish out loose change. :embar:

Note the Ghurka shorts feature a fob pocket (no flap) which is handy, and the flap pocket on the left thigh quite useful as well (despite what some may consider a little awkward in terms of placement).

ConcreteFiction

Reaction score

I haven't tried this seasons Fatigue Shorts (as I have quite a few from the last few years now), and instead went with Ghurka shorts in olive ripstop and quite happy with them. They fit more generous around the thigh area with a slightly wider leg opening, and also approx 1 inch shorter in length. Colour is nice and dark too which holds well after a wash or three.

I have SS14 Ghurka shorts, which are definitely less generous and cut longer as well (allows for rolling up above knees though). Not suitable for those with large thighs.

I also find the side pockets on Fatigue Shorts/Trousers (and this may have been mentioned previously) tend to encourage loose change/objects to fall out when sitting down. This issue may have been solved with the hidden stash zip pocket featured in the last couple of years, but I find it a little embarrassing when accessing in public -- looks as though I am reaching deep into my main zipper fly to fish out loose change. :embar:

Note the Ghurka shorts feature a fob pocket (no flap) which is handy, and the flap pocket on the left thigh quite useful as well (despite what some may consider a little awkward in terms of placement).

As someone with no experience with EG shorts, but has been going back-and-forth between the two this season, this was very helpful. Thanks!

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
Just received the BDU shirt. Nothing game changing, but I like the subtle detailing (no pocket-on-pocket-on-pocket explosions here). Kind of lukewarm on the high count twill, though. It's a nice shade of olive but it doesn't have much in the way of guts, and it catches easily on other fabrics which leads to a lot of adjusting and readjusting after putting the shirt on. If they had used a heavier cloth, like, say, the ripstop that was used on the enfield jacket, this thing would be an all-time classic for me. This is all a matter of personal taste, of course.

For those who are interested, one thing I will say is that it runs big. I'm pretty consistently a large and I sized down with no problem on this one.

modual

Reaction score
Looking for the Driver jacket in navy size medium. If anyone knows where i can get it please pm me. Thanks !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads