• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 18

happyvillian

Reaction score
I understand the chunky dad trainers are in right now (ala Balenciaga triple S, Raf Ozweegos, etc), but i'm not too sure how I feel about these particular Hoka's they chose. Anyone else feel the same? Would love to see more collabs with New Balance or something...

But on the Hoka note, kind of digging these Hoka hikers sold over at Coverchord:
hoka-one-one-tor-ultra-hi-hiking-boot-003.jpg

ramdomthought

Reaction score
I understand the chunky dad trainers are in right now (ala Balenciaga triple S, Raf Ozweegos, etc), but i'm not too sure how I feel about these particular Hoka's they chose. Anyone else feel the same? Would love to see more collabs with New Balance or something...

But on the Hoka note, kind of digging these Hoka hikers sold over at Coverchord:
View attachment 934119

Keep your eye out for the old 990v3 collabs

tumblr_inline_mfpaenaO5e1qe44yl.jpg

engineered-garments-x-new-balance-993-0.jpg

tumblr_inline_mt8ef9bGmQ1qe44yl.jpg

El QUaG

Reaction score
Interesting to note as I have just discovered, Hoka One One is owned by Deckers Brands who also own Teva and UGG (formerly UGG Australia).

I have significant ethical/moral issues over Deckers, a multi billion dollar company, who continues to take small Australian businesses to court over the use of the word "ugg", which is in reference to a style of footwear in Australia, to which Deckers own the global copyright over.

Ugg boots (not something I would ever wear personally) is a generic term for shoes made with sheep skin (the lambswool is featured on the inside). Ugg is an Australian word to describe a style of footwear which was invented in Australia. It's been around forever (not literally, since the 1960s apparently) and small businesses in Australia continue to manufacture Australian made ugg boots (UGG as a brand make their **** in China).

For an American company to copyright the term "ugg", is like an Australian company to copyright the word "Ketchup" and then prevent any American company from referring and selling any sauce with the "ketchup". A ****** comparison, but you get what I mean hopefully.

You can read a bit more about it via the Sydney Morning Herald, and BBC even reported on the matter as well. it's all sorts of crazy.

/rant

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Not to derail the discussion or anything, but we just got in our Spring/Summer 18 buy at Drinkwater's, we're just missing a Work Shirt (Navy/Red/Yellow Big Plaid Madras). Today's delivery made us realize we never actually posted our buy in this thread, so apologies for that and we'll skip to some better photos hopefully early this coming week. In the meantime, today we received:

Work Shirt in Lt. Blue Lt. Weight Cotton Chambray XS > XL $220

Western Shirt in White 100's 2ply Broadcloth S > XL $260

Pop Over BD Shirt in Dk. Navy Big Floral Sheeting S > XL $255

Pop Over BD Shirt in White Watercolor Floral Sheeting XS > XL $255

Camp Shirt in White Tone-On-Tone Dobby Check S > XL $250

Bedford Jacket in Dk. H. Grey 7.5oz Twill XS > XL $380

Fatigue Pant on Dk. H. Grey 7.5oz Twill XS > XL $270

Ground Pant in Dk. Navy Cotton Ripstop $240

Please call us at (617) 547-2067 or e-mail us at [email protected] / [email protected] with any inquiries or orders.

Thanks as always and please, carry on.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
Not to derail the discussion or anything, but we just got in our Spring/Summer 18 buy at Drinkwater's, we're just missing a Work Shirt (Navy/Red/Yellow Big Plaid Madras). Today's delivery made us realize we never actually posted our buy in this thread, so apologies for that and we'll skip to some better photos hopefully early this coming week. In the meantime, today we received:

Work Shirt in Lt. Blue Lt. Weight Cotton Chambray XS > XL $220

Western Shirt in White 100's 2ply Broadcloth S > XL $260

Pop Over BD Shirt in Dk. Navy Big Floral Sheeting S > XL $255

Pop Over BD Shirt in White Watercolor Floral Sheeting XS > XL $255

Camp Shirt in White Tone-On-Tone Dobby Check S > XL $250

Bedford Jacket in Dk. H. Grey 7.5oz Twill XS > XL $380

Fatigue Pant on Dk. H. Grey 7.5oz Twill XS > XL $270

Ground Pant in Dk. Navy Cotton Ripstop $240

Please call us at (617) 547-2067 or e-mail us at [email protected] / [email protected] with any inquiries or orders.

Thanks as always and please, carry on.

Pictures coming?

ShoutOutsFoMyBo

Reaction score
4881B3DE-68D3-43DF-BE5A-DE79EEE4846D.jpeg

thought i’d throw this in here. memory polyester aviator i tried on. very thin fabric but feels strong and crisp. wearing a med.

also tried on a popover and camp shirt. i’m hestitant to provide blanket sizing advice but i think sizing down is the way to go. both are very long in the body and cut generously. the smalls in both were a tiny bit snug in the shoulders but nice and loose in the pit and body.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they releasing the holster in any other colors or combinations than the PC poplin grey/yellow/blue?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully something in navy/black, looking for anything darker than the current offerings

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads