• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 17

NXNW

Reaction score
Jump on the cord shorts while you can. I snagged a S pair from I&C last year and they're hands down my favorite shorts purchase.

dixonmanor

Reaction score

Jump on the cord shorts while you can. I snagged a S pair from I&C last year and they're hands down my favorite shorts purchase. 

I second this! I've got some cord fatigue shorts and some cord long beach shorts, and they've both emerged as favorites. I've also had two separate women stop me on the street asking where they can get some cord shorts for their boyfriends. ha.

rusticchasm

Reaction score

I second this! I've got some cord fatigue shorts and some cord long beach shorts, and they've both emerged as favorites. I've also had two separate women stop me on the street asking where they can get some cord shorts for their boyfriends. ha.

You guys are the worst...
1f923.png

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody confirm if the sizing is smaller this season for the cord shorts? Looks the case...

selcius

Reaction score
If you are asking about the Fatigue Cord Shorts then I can confirm that Yes the sizing and hem length are the same as other material Fatigue's and various other recent SS seasons. Fit great just like all my other ones.

El QUaG

Reaction score

If you are asking about the Fatigue Cord Shorts then I can confirm that Yes the sizing and hem length are the same as other material Fatigue's and various other recent SS seasons. Fit great just like all my other ones. 

Not quite!

Fit is on par with SS15 and prior. Slightly longer and roomier fit when compared with SS16 version (which was quite "cropped").

Last edited:

El QUaG

Reaction score

Did you find the cord material has remained intact?

My concern is around longevity and how cord (I'm assuming all) eventually wears away, particularly around the seat.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score

The fatigues were much shorter in SS16 than previous seasons. It looks like they've gone back to the longer length this season.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score

My concern is around longevity and how cord (I'm assuming all) eventually wears away, particularly around the seat.

From wiki

"As a fabric, corduroy is considered a durable cloth"

So I wouldn't worry too much ;)

NXNW

Reaction score

Yes, very much so. I expect them to be my most worn shorts for a 2nd summer in a row. Love the drawstring waist.

I have really narrow hips and get blowouts pretty easily. Ex my double cloth BDUs from this winter needed a repair after maybe 3 months, similar history with prior year ripstop fatigues. Luckily I like the repaired EG aesthetic and plan to wear them into the ground. But with my cord shorts I do not see any of this damage build up.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
Hi everyone! It's been a while. Glad to finally have our new batch of EG in, though it's not up on our website just yet. Want to share styles / images with you guys ASAP so you can lock sizes down before they go!

Shirts

Work Shirt

Grey Cotton Chambray, Indigo Lightweight Denim, Red/Blue/Yellow Big Plaid, White Oxford

19th Century Button Down

Olive/Blue Plaid

Camp Shirt

Grey Dobby Stripe, Navy Paisely Jacquard, Red/Blue/Yellow Big Plaid

Copley Shirt

Grey Small Houndstooth, Navy CL Sheeting, White CL Sheeting

Henley Shirt

Dark Navy Jersey, Grey Jersey, White Jersey

Western Shirt

Lightweight Indigo Denim, Grey Cotton Chambray

Dayton Shirt

Blue Cone Chambray

Banded Collar Shirt

Light Blue / Natural Horizontal CL Stripe

Round Collar Shirt

White Horizontal Dobby

Bedford Jacket

Indigo 8oz Denim, Blue Chambray, Grey Cotton Twill, Olive 7oz Twill,

Aviator Jacket

Navy Flight Sateen

Field Shirt

Grey Cotton Twill, Navy Reverse Sateen

Ground Jacket

Navy Flight Sateen, Olive Flight Sateen

Leisure Jacket

Olive Floral Java Cloth, Dark Navy Java Cloth

NA2 Jacket

Dark Navy PC Poplin, Olive PC Poplin

Fatigue Pant

Khaki Reverse Sateen, Cone Chambray, Grey Cotton Twill, Olive Reverse Sateen

Ground Pant

Olive 7oz Twill, Indigo 8oz Denim

Cinch Pant

Grey Glen Plaid Poplin, Dark Navy High Count Twill

Fatigue Short

Black 7.5oz Slub Denim, Grey Cotton Twill, Olive 7oz Cotton Twill, Khaki 14W Corduroy

Ghurka Short

Khaki High Count Twill, Olive High Count Twill
Note: These refused to turn green on camera, the olive ones are "greener" than this image portrays. High count never cooperates with my DSLR and I have no idea why

Sunset Short

Dark Navy Java Cloth

Cinch Short

Grey Seersucker Stripe

My top picks here are the Java Cloth Leisure Jacket and the Round Collar Shirt - I have a pair of cinch pants from last year in Java and it's the most amazing summer fabric. the leisure jacket is a great fit with the cloth, it appears to be boxy but drapes nicely under the arms when worn. I was really skeptical about that thing before I tried it on, now it's my favorite jacket in the house

The Round Collar shirt is a strange design, but the dobby fabric is sooooo good. I'd buy it in a tank top if they didn't offer anything else. the color and pattern is super unique. It's an expensive piece, but I don't think anyone could replicate it.

I believe this is everything for EG for Summer - we've got FWK in process as well, just as many styles, and our thermometers are finally hitting 60 so we might just have a spring season on our hands! Within the FWK boxes are some scarves as well - you've seen the summer scarves before, so just let me know if you have a fabric in mind and I can see if we've got it for you.

As always, PM or email me with questions about sizing, whatever else you'd like, or post on here / the affiliate thread (which I'll be jumpstarting now that we're getting fresh spring arrivals in)

Last edited:

rusticchasm

Reaction score
Hi everyone! It's been a while. Glad to finally have our new batch of EG in, though it's not up on our website just yet. Want to share styles / images with you guys ASAP so you can lock sizes down before they go!

My top picks here are the Java Cloth Leisure Jacket and the Round Collar Shirt - I have a pair of cinch pants from last year in Java and it's the most amazing summer fabric. the leisure jacket is a great fit with the cloth, it appears to be boxy but drapes nicely under the arms when worn. I was really skeptical about that thing before I tried it on, now it's my favorite jacket in the house

The Round Collar shirt is a strange design, but the dobby fabric is sooooo good. I'd buy it in a tank top if they didn't offer anything else. the color and pattern is super unique. It's an expensive piece, but I don't think anyone could replicate it.

I believe this is everything for EG for Summer - we've got FWK in process as well, just as many styles, and our thermometers are finally hitting 60 so we might just have a spring season on our hands! Within the FWK boxes are some scarves as well - you've seen the summer scarves before, so just let me know if you have a fabric in mind and I can see if we've got it for you.

As always, PM or email me with questions about sizing, whatever else you'd like, or post on here / the affiliate thread (which I'll be jumpstarting now that we're getting fresh spring arrivals in)
will you be posting your FWK buy as well?
would help if you could also post the sizes available too!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads