• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 17

Fooleo

Reaction score
Retail on Doc Marten collab is ¥48,000 + Tax, according to Nepenthes.co.jp which comes in at about $425 USD... regular MiE docs are ~$200 so I was sadly mistaken wishing for a <$300 retail.... oh well, just gotta wait for Nepenthes NYC retail to make a final decision

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
Retail on Doc Marten collab is ¥48,000 + Tax, according to Nepenthes.co.jp which comes in at about $425 USD... regular MiE docs are ~$200 so I was sadly mistaken wishing for a <$300 retail.... oh well, just gotta wait for Nepenthes NYC retail to make a final decision
Any word on sizing?

With their Vans collab, they fit about a half size larger than standard Vans (including Vault), and are the only Vans I've encountered that fit this way.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm I might be out at that price. On the plus side, might make it easier to snag a phone order than with the Vans.

Last edited:

JilSlander

Reaction score

+$300 for Docs?

confused.gif

biabia

Reaction score
I've had my eye on a Bedford in ripstop for some time now. Can anyone say how the high count twill compares?
I have a dark navy high count twill Bedford from SS15 and SS15 olive ripstop fatigues. For the Bedford, I find twill more versatile than ripstop.

Dino19

Reaction score
As usual, a few items to cop from this season. I have already got my first item on board, the Cross Print Long Scarf.

zunker

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to EG (been buying for about four seasons although I like to think I have made up for lost time!). But I need to sense check something that has been bugging me this season and last - why are BD tattersall shirts retailing for around £250 in the UK, compared to, say, a Baker at £400 and an Andover at £500. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with EG prices overall, I just can't understand the relative cost of the shirt compared to a jacket. I mean, half the price, or more?

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
I would think that it has to do with the labour costs associated with the garment. Even though it's a shirt it still takes some time to construct.
Tattersall is not a cheap fabric, the shirt is single needled stitched and has mother of pearl buttons. All these add up to the price tag.
The shirt in question is an amazing piece, though. One I'm sure you are going to enjoy long after you have forgotten the price tag.

El QUaG

Reaction score
@zunker I have this shirt as well, and you will note how thick and substantial the fabric is. Also upon close inspection, the tattersall woven pattern is very detailed considering the various shades of blue stripes throughout that creates an interesting pattern overall.

How this translates to pricing as mentioned above, also has a lot to do with labour to manufacture. Price of materials + labour from manufacturing = $$$

Beedub

Reaction score
Really want to try out the extra straps, one of the JP retailers currently has 4 different ones, does anyone know if there are only those 4 variations, or are there more?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pictures posted earlier in this thread show the Extra Strap in six different fabrics.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

The pictures posted earlier in this thread show the Extra Strap in six different fabrics.

Extra Strap

Blue Cone Chambray
Indigo 8oz Cone Denim
White High Count Twill
Khaki High Count Twill
Olive High Count Twill
Dk. Navy High Count Twill
H. Grey Cotton Twill
Olive Coated Linen

And because I know everyone is just dying to know so they can get their street wizardry on:

Snufkin Hat

Indigo 8oz Cone Denim
White High Count Twill
Khaki High Count Twill
Olive High Count Twill
Dk. Navy High Count Twill
H. Grey Cotton Twill
Olive Coated Linen

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads