• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shingles

Reaction score
USN Pants available for SS14

Khaki Pima Poplin
Lt Blue Pima Poplin
Kelly Pima Poplin
Red Pima Poplin
Navy Pima Poplin
Heather Grey Oxford

Anyone handled the Pima Poplin or Heather grey oxford and can share their thoughts on these fabrics?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you try on this seasons bedford? Size L fit you?

Not sure they said everything ran small this season but I found it more TTS, just no room for layering. I came in right before store closing but I can check again soon.

Dino19

Reaction score
Not sure they said everything ran small this season but I found it more TTS, just no room for layering. I came in right before store closing but I can check again soon.

I'm also on the fence about the size. I'm a XS in all the EG shirts. Hence, not sure if I should stay on XS or upsize to S on the Baker.

atlr

Reaction score

USN Pants available for SS14

Anyone handled the Pima Poplin or Heather grey oxford and can share their thoughts on these fabrics?

I have the Charles pant in heather grey oxford. Great pants. Really nice summer weight fabric. think of it as a thicker, oxford shirting fabric. It's a little rough, feels a bit like linen almost (but it's 100% cotton of course).

I own a lot of USN pants from previous seasons, not a big fan of the slimming down the last season or two. Can anyone comment on this seasons fit?

Shingles

Reaction score

I have the Charles pant in heather grey oxford. Great pants. Really nice summer weight fabric. think of it as a thicker, oxford shirting fabric. It's a little rough, feels a bit like linen almost (but it's 100% cotton of course).

I own a lot of USN pants from previous seasons, not a big fan of the slimming down the last season or two. Can anyone comment on this seasons fit?

Thanks. That was pretty much what I imagined, now I got it confirmed. It's the heather grey oxford that i'm most interested in as I think they're the most versatile. Would you agree? I believe grey in pants goes well with most other colors. Interested in hearing how this season fit as well. FW13 USN in sz 30 fits me spot on uncinched.

Last edited:

atlr

Reaction score

Thanks. That was pretty much what I imagined, now I got it confirmed. It's the heather grey oxford that i'm most interested in as I think they're the most versatile. Would you agree? I believe grey in pants goes well with most other colors. Interested in hearing how this season fit as well. FW13 USN in sz 30 fits me spot on uncinched.

Very versatile fabric and colour for sure. The charles pant will get a ton of wear this coming season.
Also curious about the navy pima USN, Pima cotton is usually great.
Now I might have to justify another navy USN purchase..

Lendo

Reaction score

Tried on the Daytons today. Chambray and hippie foulard are tts if wrinkles are ironed out basket weave is about a half size short. I was actually pretty disappointed in the fit this season, definitely weird. The chambray is a really crappy starchy fabric that theve been using with their workshirts but with a steam or fabric softener it's ok. I picked up the chambray Dayton, looks better as a mid layer than the basket weave

I really like the fit on the Dayton this time around. Find the crispness of the chambray interesting and makes it sit nicer as a midlayer than the softer cotton/linen or herringbone ones they'd done in the last few seasons.

tjonesd2

Reaction score
Anyone know if any stockists in LA have XXL jackets? Or really anywhere on the planet besides bureau?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are likely an xl in eg unless you like stuff to fit a little airy

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score

astris

Reaction score
Really want a pair of the rip stop fatigues. If anybody's interested, I've got a BNWT pair of FW13 navy duck fatigues in size M I'd be willing to trade. They're amazing, just too warm for where I live.

Oh, if anyone is wondering how durable the rip stop is, I've done over 1,000 miles cycling in my SS11 (I think?) rip stop fatigue shorts and probably washed 50-100 times. Only had one tiny and hole in the pocket, then my u lock ripped the back pocket (no fault of the shorts). Plan to keeping riding many more miles in them.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads