• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments S/S 09

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gary,

Anything for accessories? Belts? (they seem to be making them again for odin)

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We haven't as of yet bought anything but will probably get a few items they have available.

Originally Posted by robin
Gary,

Anything for accessories? Belts? (they seem to be making them again for odin)

JOA

Reaction score
I'm liking quite a bit of that S/S gear. I really like the way they put their pieces together. It gives me many ideas.

Looks like Gary will (again) be getting a good deal of my money...

JO3B

Reaction score
i'll be putting a pre order in for the photog vest. Green is the perfect color.

XS please!

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this jacket - anyone know its material?

2628771597_e13b454bd8_o.jpg

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
why are the fabrics almost always so lacking? thin and flat with no texture or depth. Never matches the patterns or the aesthetic of the brand.
I guess its fashion after all.

Curious_George

Reaction score
Well this is the spring/summer collection, so they're going to be thin for practical purposes. And I'd disagree that all the fabrics are flat or lack texture and depth.
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...g/eg_ss_02.jpg
The texture of the above items was one of the first things I noticed despite the photos in the website's lookbook being rather small. But I'll agree most of the shirts pictured so far are fairly unexciting as far as the things you noted (and to be honest I find some of the plaids/madras a bit ugly).

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horriblyjollyjinx
why are the fabrics almost always so lacking? thin and flat with no texture or depth. Never matches the patterns or the aesthetic of the brand.
I guess its fashion after all.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. I find EG to have some of the most interesting and textureful materials out there. Most of the other brands that are supposedly on the same level and somewhat similar price range, such as Rag & Bone, Steven Alan, Obedient Sons, etc. seem flimsy and thin to me in comparison. The ones pictured here are certainly the Spring Summer materials, which are supposed to be thin, although they still have quite a bit of texture, if you look closely at the pics of the diamond pattern shirt and the white shirts earlier. The lookbook pics hardly show any detail at all. If you could give some specific examples.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1.. I've never been disappointed with a piece of EG, especially not quality wise.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
I'm not sure what you're referring to here. I find EG to have some of the most interesting and textureful materials out there. Most of the other brands that are supposedly on the same level and somewhat similar price range, such as Rag & Bone, Steven Alan, Obedient Sons, etc. seem flimsy and thin to me in comparison. The ones pictured here are certainly the Spring Summer materials, which are supposed to be thin, although they still have quite a bit of texture, if you look closely at the pics of the diamond pattern shirt and the white shirts earlier. The lookbook pics hardly show any detail at all. If you could give some specific examples.

Nope, you aren't sure what he's referring to. Why are the fabrics so thick and washed on what should be otherwise thin fabrics? He's right in that they're a little bit off.

If there was a Tommy Bahama x J. Crew collab, this is what it'd look like.

ninja07

Reaction score
19TH BD SHIRT
DSC01436.jpg

^^^This one's sweet!

BEDFORD
DSC01448.jpg
[/quote]

these 2 pieces are great.....Do you do international orders and when? Any other colours for the Bedford? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quickbooks Payroll