• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 18

besbesbes

Reaction score
Meanwhile Weejuns X Engineered Garments were released.
SHOT_01_0013js.jpg

https://www.ghbass-eu.com/blog/gh-bass-for-engineered-garments/

Shingles

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a Chestnut 8W Corduroy Bedford in size S, please?

I need to change my Medium to a Small as it's too big.

Thanks.

aswan

Reaction score
I've had 5 Bedfords, all in M––got a Loiter jacket in a M and it's definitely a size too large; the shoulder seams almost an inch down my shoulders. Seems like this season is maybe sizing down in a lot of things.

On a related note, I noticed at NNY that all of the pants they have out on the racks are 34s, when they've been 32s in all season's past. Maybe Daiki has put on a few pounds.

Shingles

Reaction score
Do you normally wear a medium?

Yes. I'm an M (though leaning towards S rather than L if I had to pick). Almost all my EG jackets are M, a few S when they've made them on the larger side and actually one L when they've made them small.

This year it was actually too big. Too big in the shoulders, to wide. I could probably layer several thick sweaters underneath it, or at the least grow a respectable belly. Length was Ok but on the longer side, arms were Ok.

I've had 5 Bedfords, all in M––got a Loiter jacket in a M and it's definitely a size too large; the shoulder seams almost an inch down my shoulders. Seems like this season is maybe sizing down in a lot of things.

On a related note, I noticed at NNY that all of the pants they have out on the racks are 34s, when they've been 32s in all season's past. Maybe Daiki has put on a few pounds.

Totally agree, had the same problems!

Found a size S online which I ordered and will try it out when I get it, probably will return the M to TBB, so if anyone wants one you know where to look... They seem to run out fast.

Chunsak

Reaction score
I am typically a M in bedfords, although this one fits a bit looser I still feel it is a good fit. Sleeve length is shorter than other seasons I've had so I'd worry about sizing down and having too short of sleeves.

asandman

Reaction score
Any advice on sizing for the Norwegian pants? From some measurements, it seems like they run a little bigger than tagged, but other measurements have them as true to size. I am a true 35 waist, and am trying to gauge if I could fit into a 34.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
I think you would be okay with a 34".
I found they run TTS. I took my regular size 30" and had maybe half an inch space.
The SS variations run a little larger as they are size alpha ie XS, S, M ect

tauburn

Reaction score
I agree with the above post. The norwegian pants don't have any kind of string or tab to adjust the size like many other eg pants. they definitely are wider in the waist than the tagged size. 34 would be the right size if you are a true 35".

Grintricha

Reaction score
Hi, I'm after the bucket hat in homespun wool in large, any thoughts? I cannot find anything other than M

would consider previous seasons if anyone has one they don't wear anymore

thanks
Richard

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads