• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 17

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, its the other way round.
I am 11,5 in 998 NBs with them fitting just my size with no room left.
Danners in 11 leave me with about 1/3 inch of space. So I say they run bigger than tagged size.

Here are some pics:
View attachment 846021
View attachment 846022 View attachment 846023 View attachment 846024

Good lookin out. I'll see if I can pick up the olive or tan. I might still order TTS since that's my regular Danner Mountain Light Overton size. Not sure, I haven't had good experience sizing down in any brands to be honest.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Hey all, we’re happy to report that we’ve finally received our FW17 buy, all at once this time around. Sorry for the delay, but better late than never! We’re going to skip the showroom pics this time around because they honestly don’t do any of these justice (they’re really just for reference when making our selections) and I’ll just take some quick in-store pics early next week. Here’s what we got in yesterday:

19th Century BD Shirt in Dk. Grey Brushed Glen Plaid XS > XL $240
sUqSHlc.jpg

Work Shirt in Grey Big Plaid XS > XL $255

YWkf2Wz.jpg

Knit Blazer in Dk. Navy Sweater Knit S > XL $435

RR8kbl2.jpg

CPO Shirt in Dk. Navy 20oz Melton XS > XL $420

6PF3o2Y.jpg

Bedford Jacket in Grey Salt and Pepper Twill XS > XL $470

CZgdaUF.jpg

Bedford Jacket in Dk. Navy Wool Elastique XS > XL $480

KAJY2op.jpg

GvoVDZs.jpg

NA2 Jacket in Olive Cotton Double Cloth S > XL $530

K8s6kxx.jpg

Fatigue Pant in Khaki 11W Corduroy 30 > 36 $255

A1sXVi9.jpg

Ground Pant in Dk. Navy Cotton Double Cloth 30 > 36 $265

PCB8uBJ.jpg

Give us a ring at (617) 547-2067 or e-mail [email protected] / [email protected] with any inquiries. We look forward to assisting you!

P.S. Universal Works is on its way in as well and should arrive next week. Edit: Received! Coming soon...

Last edited:

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Gary!
What's a "wool elastique"? And where do you post the Universal Works buy?

They've referred to this fabric as Elastique because of its natural stretch quality. The fabric weave is like a Tricotine, commonly called twill.

We will start a thread on Universal Works FW 17 as soon as it arrives.

Stay tuned!

El QUaG

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to getting a couple of pairs (white and olive) and checking the quality of leather used.

Based on the photos, the quality seems superior to Vans collaborations (which were marred by sloppy glue marks everywhere - not sure if this is part of Vans "charm"?).

Anyone else find it interesting to see Engineered Garments collaborating with another shoe/sneaker brand/model that is in widespread popularity over the last couple of years? Definitely the case with the Converse One Star and Dr Martens, but not so much the case with Gola and Danner.

I see it as an interesting means of getting increased brand exposure to a wider audience perhaps.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the white Converse Chuck collab already drop? I’ve seen lots of photos on IG but no one seems to stock them.

CrowShit

Reaction score

CrowShit

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to getting a couple of pairs (white and olive) and checking the quality of leather used.

Based on the photos, the quality seems superior to Vans collaborations (which were marred by sloppy glue marks everywhere - not sure if this is part of Vans "charm"?).

Anyone else find it interesting to see Engineered Garments collaborating with another shoe/sneaker brand/model that is in widespread popularity over the last couple of years? Definitely the case with the Converse One Star and Dr Martens, but not so much the case with Gola and Danner.

I see it as an interesting means of getting increased brand exposure to a wider audience perhaps.

I'm loving more shoe collaborations. Certainly makes decisions difficult though, been holding off until I can see the Dr. Marten's.

Beedub

Reaction score
Did the white Converse Chuck collab already drop? I’ve seen lots of photos on IG but no one seems to stock them.

They are (or at least were, not checked recently) on the Japanese Nepenthes online store, but most sizes appeared to be sold out.

Beedub

Reaction score
Seems like they'll also be available at converse so it looks like there should be more stock?

Yeah, End and The Bureau are getting them, according to their Instagram feeds, so it looks like they'll be on a similar tier to the DMs release. Hoping to grab a pair of the white ones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads