• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight into how FWK sells generally? As much as I love owning and wearing EG I actually think FWK is and has always been stronger than his menswear. Despite this, I feel like FWK doesn't get mentioned much and I rarely see it in pictures outside of the lookbook.

+1

Lookbooks are always knockout but it seems much lower profile. Would love to see some 'in the wild' pictures of FWK.

Envoy, Jack Straw, and a few other places carry a reasonable selection I guess. EG don't list FWK stockists in Japan either, though there are some, like takanna. Compared to the 50+ stores in Japan that carry the mens it seems maybe less of a presence there though?

FW12 FWK is my favorite lookbook ever

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re FWK, I forced my wife to try on some of the fw 12 stuff at nepenthes. She loved the golden bear suede jacket but was a bit pricey. She didn't care for the rest. Her take was that it was too unstructured for most women and made her look a little dumpy. What we men tend to forget is that there's a lot more body consciousness among women.

(I think FWK is awesome)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
as far as fwk, there's a very fine line between elegant and mormon cult...

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jack Straw posted a bunch of pictures of what I presume to be one of the sales people/shop owners wearing FWK:
http://jackstrawclothing.blogspot.com/2013_10_01_archive.html

I think the past two comments are right- not many women are into fully cut clothing. Even though the slouchy thing is big right now, FWK is maybe too slouchy? I've shown my girlfriend some of the FWK and she really only likes the shirts and shirt dresses. The pants, skirts, and jackets are just a little to traditional/house-on-the-prairie-vibe for her.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed some stores seemed to style the FWK stuff slimmer than I think is ideal. Probably to combat the frumpy perception.

Looks good but loses some of that baggy EG charm.

I've gotten my wife a couple of the wrap dresses, and she likes them OK but would prefer to spend that money on more flattering designer stuff.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

Re FWK, I forced my wife to try on some of the fw 12 stuff at nepenthes. She loved the golden bear suede jacket but was a bit pricey. She didn't care for the rest. Her take was that it was too unstructured for most women and made her look a little dumpy. What we men tend to forget is that there's a lot more body consciousness among women.

(I think FWK is awesome)

This is a fair complaint I guess for the average person. I still remember how hard it was to get my ex to try out clothing that wasn't tight/fitted. I don't think it applies to women that are more adventurous in how they dress though. If they're already playing with proportion and over-sized looks, why not try out a FWK piece?

as far as fwk, there's a very fine line between elegant and mormon cult...

Also fair, but EG is like that too. From each collection you can extract the darker, less workwear-y EG (my preference), but you can also easily go full on lumberjack

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does anyone have any insight into how FWK sells generally? As much as I love owning and wearing EG I actually think FWK is and has always been stronger than his menswear. Despite this, I feel like FWK doesn't get mentioned much and I rarely see it in pictures outside of the lookbook.

Jack Straw's FWK buys are mostly sold out by the time sale season comes around, but they're very careful about what they pick from the collections. Mohawk and Envoy do ok with it as well, though they usually buy much more.

I've managed to get my lady pretty interested in it, and while she has a couple of the more adventurous items like this season's bush shirt, she mostly prefers the fitted pieces like others.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tw, you should take your lady down to j+o and have her model some of their fwk buys

i've decided to back away for now on the blue salmon vest, figure them leftovers will be around for a while so might try to get a better look and try in on first

Last edited:

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got to peek through the FW14 look book and it's pretty rad. Lots of great prints and contrasting features. Styling was tops as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads