• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Racove

Reaction score
So what do you think is the right approach for the wool herringbone bedford jacket? Go for the slouchy fit M with plenty of room to layer underneath or go for the size S for a more tailored look but definitely no room to layer. Sleeves fit perfect on the small, but just a touch long (and seem wide?) on the M, but easy to tailor in that extra inch. I think either approach could work.

My instinct says go for the S, but not sure if it meets the intended looked. I'm TTS Medium, and can't even fit into the size S Andover.

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get the M and shorten sleeve. I wish I can wear my Truman and Andover more than a month/year.. :embar:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just spent the last couple days reading through this and the ss13 thread. I don't know why I ignored EG for so long. Suzuki hitting a lot of the right notes for me.

also.. does anyone know if the shorter Nyco nylon parka is available anywhere? I've only seen the long version. assuming this is a short version with a longer shirt thing underneath.

Last edited:

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

also.. does anyone know if the shorter Nyco nylon parka is available anywhere? I've only seen the long version. assuming this is a short version with a longer shirt thing underneath.

The skirt is attached to the jacket but you could button it back up into the inside of the jacket to hide it (on the SS13 version). The FW13 and SS14 versions do not have that, and you might want to check the SS14 version coming out which is a bit shorter.

Last edited:

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In store only :censored:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
thanks guys. yeah, I was looking at this one from Bureau.. which has extra pockets below the main kangaroo pouch.

I was hoping to find this one which sounds like it's the version where the bottom can fold up.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks guys. yeah, I was looking at this one from Bureau.. which has extra pockets below the main kangaroo pouch.

I was hoping to find this one which sounds like it's the version where the bottom can fold up.

yeah they did the extendable over parka in FW12... might be worth checking ebay/ rakuten/ yahoo jp now and then if you want that particular version (though can't see one anywhere at the moment).

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
honestly, only like 20% of this year's collection is on sale so far, and the discount is 30. I don't remember in total detail, but all shirting was on sale and then their was one rack of current season EG and then a rack of some weird/ugly s2w8 stuff. None of the really sought after stuff from this season is included, nor any of the real EG classics that always come out, ex. wool andovers. All of the winter outerwear, cpos, etc remain at full price. The piece I want isn't on sale, but I took the opportunity to try it on again and re fall in love.I also decided I really want an EG robe to wear at home, though they are crazy expensive. But what luxury.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads