• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the details! 24oz melton wool Baker sounds awesome! That is some heavy wool.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the details! 24oz melton wool Baker sounds awesome! That is some heavy wool.

Yes it is heavy and I primarily wear it as outerwear. It's 20 oz. I edited my post.

Shingles

Reaction score
It might be difficult to embrace for some as the styling seen so far is pretty experimental and intense. But each garment alone, nah.
And i'm also really into that batik print. But the ones who aren't really into that stuff shouldn't worry too much, there will be striped suits and hooded bal coats too ;)

Dino19

Reaction score
Nice fit Gary. It's really nice to be able to stay stylish at that age & beyond.

I just got myself a pair of the PB Chambord, wonderful shoe. Loving it.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Nice fit Gary. It's really nice to be able to stay stylish at that age & beyond.

I just got myself a pair of the PB Chambord, wonderful shoe. Loving it. 

Thanks Dino! We sell the Chambord and it's also one of my favorites. Enjoy them, my first pair from 1985 might just outlive me....They are going strong.

Last edited:

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow what did I miss?

Where you been man?

Big fan of the batik print used on the Andover here (full suit anyone? :p )

Love it, onto kopplist

I was complimenting you. Don't let age deter you from sarcasm. 

Man, I wish like hell he'd make an EG version of Maine Guide Jacket he did for WWM. I love that coat, a sucker for the shawl collar.

Still looking for brown cord :foo:

lawlercon

Reaction score

Man, I wish like hell he'd make an EG version of Maine Guide Jacket he did for WWM. I love that coat, a sucker for the shawl collar.

That WWM Maine Guide is like one of the best jackets ever. I've got it in a beautiful herringbone wool but would trade mine in a heartbeat for the brown corduroy.

Last edited:

lawlercon

Reaction score

Bump. Is the Nyco Ripstop fabric water-resistant?

it is Nylon/Cotton for that reason. It's not water proof, but it will wick away moisture like rain/snow. If you've ever seen a 60/40 parka by say like, classic Sierra Designs - I think the NyCo parka is 60/40 material as well. You can't stand in a waterfall and not get wet, but it should be fine against anything else if you're not being drenched.

chucaieve

Reaction score
huh, I actually like the print on the second one better than the first. I probably wouldn't wear either myself, just not my style, but if I were it would be the second for sure.

Last edited:

Scott Stevens

Reaction score
it is Nylon/Cotton for that reason. It's not water proof, but it will wick away moisture like rain/snow. If you've ever seen a 60/40 parka by say like, classic Sierra Designs - I think the NyCo parka is 60/40 material as well. You can't stand in a waterfall and not get wet, but it should be fine against anything else if you're not being drenched.
Thanks. The NyCo Ripstop is 50/50, I suppose it's similar to the classic 60/40...

lawlercon

Reaction score
Yea, I would guess they'd be pretty much identical. 60/40 is more like 54/46 but for a marketing perspective they call it 60/40. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads