• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lawlercon

Reaction score

I've been selling EG for 9 years and have been wearing it for 10, so I know this
brand well. And the man behind it, well I've known him since 1985. If he knew that this type of **** talk was being spewed about his integrity, he would be deeply hurt.
He is one of the most honorable persons I know in this industry and his team works tirelessly to bring a quality garment to their audience.
With any brand, and I will say that in my over thirty years in this business, there will be an article that fell below their standard. **** happens and I've seen it with the best.
So, a button falls off, sew it back on. A seam blows out, sew it back up. If it's irreparable, I'll work with you to get a resolution with them. Some will chime in that this has worked and say that EG stepped up.

So, again 18 posts and we need to move on. OK!

Quoted for ******* truth. Couldn't of been said from a more respectable source. If you would take the time to call Nepenthes to report a quality issue, they would make sure it was resolved for you.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is absurd. There's nothing wrong with EG quality. And there hasn't been any "decline" in fabrication/construction over the seasons. Yes the prices have gone up but it's been commensurate with the increased prices of domestic manufacture and fabric prices.

Last edited:

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To change subjects, a little something from Put This On: http://putthison.com/post/53215469801/real-people-fatigue-pants-of-course-we-all-read

Real People: Fatigue Pants

Of course, we all read Put This On, so all of our pants are perfectly tailored: Fitted in the waist, slim through the thigh, draping elegantly down our calves to end in an ideal break over our frankly breathtaking (hand-welted) shoes. But when I need a break from worrying about breaks, it can be comforting to pull on a pair of pants designed for utility. Military-style, olive drab fatigue pants are probably not the most often re-purposed surplus gear (M-65s take that prize), but they are exceedingly wearable. They’re an interesting alternative to plain cotton khakis (also military derived) for wear with plaid shirts and worn-in shoes, like Daiki Suzuki of Engineered Garments, and can even be reasonably swapped in for more formal trousers if you’re in a position to be a little subversive, like Gary Drinkwater, pictured in his shop in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Gary’s colors are neutral and well-balanced, and he looks relaxed rather than sloppy, which can be a concern with fatigues, especially surplus versions.

Such pants can be found vintage in a number of models: pants from the OG-107 U.S. military work uniform (standard issue for the second half of the 20th century; OG-107 really designates the color, olive gray); M-1951 cargo pants; or more recent Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) trousers. They are best purchased in person because the sizing varied over the years and many if not most pants were altered after issuance, so actual measurements may not match tagged sizes. Although fatigues can sometimes be tailored to fit trimly, the bagginess is in my opinion the interesting aspect and on its own is “different” enough—pinrolling can help narrow them at the ankle. Camouflage patterns are best left to the military or utility purposes around the house, like yardwork.

Gary’s pants were purchased new, from Engineered Garments sub-brand Workaday (I have a pair from Workaday myself, as well as a couple of vintage pairs). Daiki Suzuki has offered a pair in his collection nearly every season for years, but they vary in fabric and cut—some are trimmer than others, and spring/summer versions are lighter weight. They’re currently available at Engineered Garments stockists like Drinkwaters or Mohawk General Store.

-Pete

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing these. That last picture is brilliant, I would never think about pairing so many different patterns together but I think that looks really good. Whats the print on the vest? Looks like dots but is a little hard to tell.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing these. That last picture is brilliant, I would never think about pairing so many different patterns together but I think that looks really good. Whats the print on the vest? Looks like dots but is a little hard to tell.

It's polka dot, and the vest can be reversed to show a blue pattern madras fabric.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
I've been selling EG for 9 years and have been wearing it for 10, so I know this
brand well. And the man behind it, well I've known him since 1985. If he knew that this type of **** talk was being spewed about his integrity, he would be deeply hurt.
He is one of the most honorable persons I know in this industry and his team works tirelessly to bring a quality garment to their audience.
With any brand, and I will say that in my over thirty years in this business, there will be an article that fell below their standard. **** happens and I've seen it with the best.
So, a button falls off, sew it back on. A seam blows out, sew it back up. If it's irreparable, I'll work with you to get a resolution with them. Some will chime in that this has worked and say that EG stepped up.

So, again 18 posts and we need to move on. OK!

I met him in New York , accidently went into the storeroom , rather than the shop , we welcomed me & my family in , and we chatted for a while , very passionate about what he does & extremely friendly guy .. Nepenthes reflects this , staff were great , my only gripe is the lack of XXL , only the Bureau seem to stock it , though I do have a fair collection ..

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
not seen many photos of upcoming season , should be drifting into shops soon eh ?

Shingles

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry if this is going a bit off topic, but as the EG threads are pretty much the only ones I read and post in here on Style Forum, and you are the guys that knows the brand, and NYC the best, I thought I'd put this here.

I'm visiting USA and NYC for my first time between the 14th and 21st of August. I'm staying in NYC, on Manhattan for the whole week. I'm going with an empty suitcase and the plan is to fill it up to the breaking point, aswell as enjoying some good food, places and all the usual 'must sees'. I'm extremely excited!

What clothing stores should I visit?

I have planned, in this order:
Nepenthes
Inventory Stockroom
Extra NYC (Seems like Inventory and Extra are located side by side?)
Then off to Brooklyn for H.W. Carter & Sons.

These stores will cover the brands I'm most interested in (EG, Battenwear, Beams+, Needles, Nigel Cabourn, orSlow, Post O'Alls, Sassafrass, Workers, Gitman, TS(S))
Except for one and that is Alden. Where nearby should I go for Alden? Preferably the store with the largest stock.
And how much of EG FW13 do you think will be available?

I'll probably be broke after those visits ;), but while in Brooklyn I thought of maybe pay French Garment Cleaners and Hickoree's a visit.

Anything else? Am I missing out on something worth visiting?

Any suggestions, shops, cafés, restaurants, street food are greatly appreciated. If you feel we're going off topic please don't hesitate to send me a pm!

Many, many thanks.

Last edited:

El QUaG

Reaction score
Bloomingdales stock a limited range of EG. There are two stores in Manhattan definitely worth visiting.

lawlercon

Reaction score

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry if this is going a bit off topic, but as the EG threads are pretty much the only ones I read and post in here on Style Forum, and you are the guys that knows the brand, and NYC the best, I thought I'd put this here.

I'm visiting USA and NYC for my first time between the 14th and 21st of August. I'm staying in NYC, on Manhattan for the whole week. I'm going with an empty suitcase and the plan is to fill it up to the breaking point, aswell as enjoying some good food, places and all the usual 'must sees'. I'm extremely excited!

What clothing stores should I visit?

I have planned, in this order:
Nepenthes
Inventory Stockroom
Extra NYC (Seems like Inventory and Extra are located side by side?)
Then off to Brooklyn for H.W. Carter & Sons.

These stores will cover the brands I'm most interested in (EG, Battenwear, Beams+, Needles, Nigel Cabourn, orSlow, Post O'Alls, Sassafrass, Workers, Gitman, TS(S))
Except for one and that is Alden. Where nearby should I go for Alden? Preferably the store with the largest stock.
And how much of EG FW13 do you think will be available?

I'll probably be broke after those visits ;), but while in Brooklyn I thought of maybe pay French Garment Cleaners and Hickoree's a visit.

Anything else? Am I missing out on something worth visiting?

Any suggestions, shops, cafés, restaurants, street food are greatly appreciated. If you feel we're going off topic please don't hesitate to send me a pm!

Many, many thanks.

Definitely check out Odin as well, also there's some good second hand stores where you'd be amazed at what you'd find. A lot of Post, EG, etc.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derinmichel