• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always appreciated Engineered Garments, but I haven't really wanted a piece for myself until now. We just got this jacket in, and I don't even know its proper name, but it's badass. Might have to make it my first piece of EG.

Can anybody comment on the fit? It feels a little big in the waist/bottom, but that's kind of the look right?

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first pics of the windowpane wool LDT jacket in the wild sir. where do you work? what is the retail?

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My, how could you find a use for that jacket in texas?

There are a solid five days where you'd have use for it, and on those five days you will look magnificent. There are also about 9 additional days where you could be comfortable in it as long as you wore it with a tank top, shorts, and vans. You won't look as magnificent, but you'll have on a stunning jacket.

Edit: On the real though, even though the wool is thick and hearty, it doesn't feel heavy on. It's unbelievably comfortable, so I'd definitely wear it with temperatures as high as in the 50s.

Last edited:

Jagger_On

Reaction score

I've always appreciated Engineered Garments, but I haven't really wanted a piece for myself until now. We just got this jacket in, and I don't even know its proper name, but it's badass. Might have to make it my first piece of EG. Can anybody comment on the fit? It feels a little big in the waist/bottom, but that's kind of the look right?
It's the LDT jacket. Looks good to my eyes but I'm no expert. Up to you if you want to shorten the arms. Tried this jacket on in Liberty at the weekend and its gorgeous. The material is really soft and warm. I felt the fit was similar to my AW12 Landsdown compared to the SS13 Truman that I have although it does have a vent in the back. I think it's a toss up between this and the herringbone bedford for me this season. Looks like the Bureau have received their second drop based on some instagram pics. Some interesting stuff as always. http://statigr.am/p/556445914285510229_205328362

El QUaG

Reaction score

It's the LDT jacket. Looks good to my eyes but I'm no expert. Up to you if you want to shorten the arms. Tried this jacket on in Liberty at the weekend and its gorgeous. The material is really soft and warm. I felt the fit was similar to my AW12 Landsdown compared to the SS13 Truman that I have although it does have a vent in the back. I think it's a toss up between this and the herringbone bedford for me this season.

Looks like the Bureau have received their second drop based on some instagram pics. Some interesting stuff as always.

http://statigr.am/p/556445914285510229_205328362

So LIBERTY received their second shipment in!

Just my luck, I was in store last Thursday and they only had four shirts available (to my disappointment). Store employee was saying their delivery was also late (in line with Start London).

Unfortunately I could not try on more EG items, let alone buy more, during my recent and very short visit through London.

Jagger_On

Reaction score

So LIBERTY received their second shipment in!

Just my luck, I was in store last Thursday and they only had four shirts available (to my disappointment). Store employee was saying their delivery was also late (in line with Start London).

Unfortunately I could not try on more EG items, let alone buy more, during my recent and very short visit through London.

You must have just missed it. When I spoke to the guys on Sunday they mentioned that it had only arrived within the last 2 or 3 days. Anyone know if Tailor at the Tannery have received their stock yet? Its a bit of a pain getting out there but they often have some really good pieces including lots of past season items usually.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I went to liberty on Saturday and they had the new stock. Impressed with the grey wool Andover, very nice jacket, fit was spot on for me too.

Been meaning to check out TatT - I've never been. Do they stock Ts(s) as well does anyone know?

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Yeah I went to liberty on Saturday and they had the new stock. Impressed with the grey wool Andover, very nice jacket, fit was spot on for me too.

Been meaning to check out TatT - I've never been. Do they stock Ts(s) as well does anyone know?

You should definitely head up, they might have that vest that you're looking for in your sig. I picked mine up from there last winter and when I last went up, which was April/May time, they definitely had it in a L and maybe a smaller size. Can't really remember unfortunately. Not sure about Ts(s) but they used to have Haversack, Bellerose and a couple of other things. Some of the Haversack items were really nice actually. Going to try and find time over the next few weekends to head up there myself.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah cool thanks for the heads up on the vest! Yeah think I was getting mixed up with haversack.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jocelyarker