• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Encounters with dumb store employees

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just encountered the dumbest guy in Wendy's. This is essentially the entire conversation. Conne: I'll take the double jr. cheeseburger deluxe meal. Employee: Sure. (Spends a few seconds on the computer)...So, you want just the sandwich? C: Hmm? Nah, the double jr. cheeseburger deluxe meal. (I point to the menu) E: OK, so the double stack meal? C: No, the double jr. cheeseburger deluxe. The $2.99 one. E: I don't think we have that. Only the Jr. bacon cheeseburger and the crispy chicken meals. C: It's right there on the menu. E: Ohhh...so you just want a double cheeseburger and fries/soda? There's no meal but I can give you them separately. C: Uhh...ok. Total is $4.50. What in the ****?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Was so sure the OP was going to be both autobiographical as well as, one day, eerily prescient of your future career.

And, oh yeah...reported your racist post.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A clothing SA didn't laugh when I commented that the pants I tried on were "too loose - lautrec"

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Just encountered the dumbest guy in Wendy's. This is essentially the entire conversation.

Conne: I'll take the double jr. cheeseburger deluxe meal.
Employee: Sure. (Spends a few seconds on the computer)...So, you want just the sandwich?
C: Hmm? Nah, the double jr. cheeseburger deluxe meal. (I point to the menu)
E: OK, so the double stack meal?
C: No, the double jr. cheeseburger deluxe. The $2.99 one.
E: I don't think we have that. Only the Jr. bacon cheeseburger and the crispy chicken meals.
C: It's right there on the menu.
E: Ohhh...so you just want a double cheeseburger and fries/soda? There's no meal but I can give you them separately.
C: Uhh...ok.

Total is $4.50. What in the ****?

You eat at Wendy's? You should count this as a blessing, how many calories are probably in that meal??

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
You eat at Wendy's? You should count this as a blessing, how many calories are probably in that meal??
Meh, I skipped lunch yesterday so I felt it was alright.

Godot

Reaction score
CVS has this offer in which if you change your prescription from another store, they'll give you a $25 gift certificate. To me this seems like a lot of money to get a new customer. Anyway, I told my friend Grace (who is Chinese) and she transfers her prescriptions to the CVS that borders Chinatown & Bridgeport.
So far so good, Grace has her gift certificate and CVS has a new customer. With normal service she would have stayed with them for life. Anyway she goes in one day with her 11 year old and the clerk stops twice helping her to assist a White customer. The 11 year old asks her why they don't like Chinese. She moved all her prescriptions back to Walgreens.
If you are going to open a store in that location, you can't afford a clerk that's openly racist against Hispanics or Chinese. They are 80% of the local population.
facepalm.gif

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I couldn't turn on tv during Thanksgiving without seeing commercials for the new $2.99 meal at Wendy's.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I was expecting a package from FedEx, but I wasn't home so they left me one of those tickets that said "we'll return tomorrow before 5". They never return. I hear nothing for a week.

I call FedEx, relay all of the appropriate tracking information. The guy's response: "naw sir, that number isn't for you. It's for X on 86th Street" (I don't live on 86th St.). I probe with a bunch of questions, and the response this nimrod gives me is essentially the following: somebody else, not a FedEx employee but a common citizen, obtained a blank "we missed you" tag, filled it out with my name, address, and even the sender's information, entered my locked building, walked up to my very door and left the tag. He refused to believe anything else could possibly have happened. Fffffuuuuuuu.

The package showed up randomly a few days later beaten to shreds. Must have been that damn citizen.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
I was expecting a package from FedEx, but I wasn't home so they left me one of those tickets that said "we'll return tomorrow before 5". They never return. I hear nothing for a week.

I call FedEx, relay all of the appropriate tracking information. The guy's response: "naw sir, that number isn't for you. It's for X on 86th Street" (I don't live on 86th St.). I probe with a bunch of questions, and the response this nimrod gives me is essentially the following: somebody else, not a FedEx employee but a common citizen, obtained a blank "we missed you" tag, filled it out with my name, address, and even the sender's information, entered my locked building, walked up to my very door and left the tag. He refused to believe anything else could possibly have happened. Fffffuuuuuuu.

The package showed up randomly a few days later beaten to shreds. Must have been that damn citizen.

Consider youself lucky, I have to have boxes shipped to my work now because someone in my neighborhood is going around stealing packages from people's front lawns.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Consider youself lucky, I have to have boxes shipped to my work now because someone in my neighborhood is going around stealing packages from people's front lawns.

I have my boxes shipped to work. But this was a kitchen table, I am not taking that home on the subway.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
stupid skinny white lady with blond hair at the south coast plaza bloomingdales (relatively new there) thinks it was wise to overtly follow me and my wife everwhere we went on suspicion of shoplifting.
she comes over to us and asks can i help you? i say im just looking, and she doesnt smile she has this angry look on her face, always at a side to us about 10 feet away from us at all times

so we tested by going to the shoes, to the jeans section to the polo section and she follows us ALL the way. she doesnt know we are regular customers there but what a stupid way to follow on your suspicion and what made her suspicious?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads