• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Elastic pants that are dressy? Except elastic is not the right word

kneehowguys

Reaction score
Elastic pants that are dressy? Except elastic is not the right word

When I search the word elastic pants and see the pictures of pants with a belt, I am fairly certain that is not what I want.

I'm looking for some nice looking solid color prolly dark grey pants to throw on that fits snugger on my belly without me having to use a belt to keep em on. Pockets and not looking terrible with a dress shirt would be great too. I don't intend to use these as primary just for casual occasions and getting dressed in a pinch or walking around my college dorm.

I'm probably.. 34 Waist and 28 or 29 length when I buy dress pants.

My belly radius changes alot thoughout the day and I'm wondering if there is a nice pair of pants starts tighter but stretches when you pull around the midsection so it can fit me whether it is the morning or I drank 10 gallons of water.

Something machine washable. I could see myself some day instead of pajamas walking around in the house or in a college dorm wearing a black v neck t shirt and some grey pants with the above description.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think "dressy" is not the right word.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, it sounds like you're looking for dressier pants that you can throw on at a moment's notice and that accommodate your belly's many fluctuations without needing a belt-- is that right?

If so, any pair of trousers that fit your waist without actually clinging to it will work. Just look for a pair with a bit of room at the waistband.

If you are looking for elastic, you might be able to find a pair with elastic strips only at the sides, which let the pants look more 'normal' when a shirt is tucked in. These don't appear often, but they do exist. Adidas SLVR made a pair last season, and this season you can find some from Christophe Lemaire (most likely out of your budget though).

But really, any pair of non-elastic pants will suffice as long as the waist isn't skin tight.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads