• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green Falmouth RTW

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A new addition to the growing shoe family finally arrived late last week.

orig.jpg

The box was a little damaged. But, heck, what better way to test the creative photography and photoshopping skills than to make a shoe box interesting visually.
smile.gif

orig.jpg

All the details in one picture. Nuff said.

orig.jpg

Now I am just teasing, with the slow reveal.

orig.jpg

What? No shoe bags? I want shoe bags!

orig.jpg

And now the full reveal. This is an important one, namely its my first pair of Edward Green AND first pair of monks. I must say, these are mighty sweet and made even sweeter since I got them during the big end-of-year clear out sale.

And now for the 360 degree spin...

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I must say that the dark antique oak adds a lot of character to the shoe. The burnishing, strategically applied, really gives off a vintage look.

orig.jpg

This pair was in the 606 last. Not that I had a choice but I think that they are very nice.

Now for the close ups...

orig.jpg

According to the EG catalog, these pair comes with "fudge welt". Would love for any shoe construction gurus out there to educate me more on this.

orig.jpg

I think the fudge welt gives this pair a rather interesting look. Can't get over the burnishing. Love it!

orig.jpg

Finally the sole. Nothing much to add other than I wished they had the "Top Drawer" soles. Who am I to complain as these were a good buy.

Thanks for reading.

Gaz

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You take top-notch pictures. some sort of professional?

I'm not a fan of the design and also prefer a more elongated last, but that said, the antiquing is awesome.

The "fudge welt" looks like a storm welt.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Beautiful shoes and pics

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There seems to be some scuffing around the welt.

To me, the shoe does not look brand new in the photo, unless it is a second.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneade
btw what are top drawer soles?
Well, both the sole and the heels of Top Drawers are more refined and receive more cosseting than standard Edward Greens; as well, the fiddleback fish-tail beveled waist is neatly and elegantly finished. The heel is slightly higher, lightly hand-shaped, very slightly tapered, closer to the upper, and is also shaped around a leather fiddle to accommodate the waist. The point where the heel and sole meet is extremely close and superbly finished, and the edge of the sole is spade-shaped and jointed where it abutts the heel. The leather fiddle is shaped, positioned and inserted at the hand-drafted waist which not only improves the look but adds just a bit more support. The soles are hand-shaped, metal toe taps can be sunken into the outsole, and if the customer so desires, his initials can be nailed into the sole as well. Top Drawer soles also get extra attention during the finishing process and in the Edward Green polishing room. Top Drawers can be had starting at $1,600 and can take up to a year to get from day of order to day of delivery. Some Cardiffs on the 33 last from Leather Soul Hawaii:
tdc4.jpg
and a loafer also from Leather Soul:
natd2.jpg
and the Beaulieu in Bauxite Antique, made on the 82 last, with the owner's initials (in this case, Tom Park, owner of Leather Soul Hawaii):
be2.jpg
another from LSH:
fal2.jpg
from the Top Drawer catalog:
05_pg04.jpg

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kingstonian
There seems to be some scuffing around the welt.

To me, the shoe does not look brand new in the photo, unless it is a second.

Who knows but given that these were on sale, I am pretty happy with them.

Gaz

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Well, both the sole and the heels of Top Drawers are more refined than on standard Edward Greens; as well, the fiddleback beveled waist is neatly and elegantly finished. The heel is closer and very slightly tapered and the point where the heel and sole meet is extremely close and superbly finished. The fiddle waist is enhanced with an added piece of leather than not only improves the look but adds just a bit more support. Metal toe taps can be sunken into the outsole, and if the customer so desires, his initials can be nailed into the sole as well.

Some Cardiffs on the 33 last from Leather Soul Hawaii:

tdc4.jpg

and a loafer also from Leather Soul:

natd2.jpg

and the Beaulieu in Bauxite Antique, made on the 82 last, with the owner's initials:

be2.jpg

another from LSH:

fal2.jpg

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneade
fantastic looking shoes.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by lee_44106
You take top-notch pictures. some sort of professional?

I'm not a fan of the design and also prefer a more elongated last, but that said, the antiquing is awesome.

The "fudge welt" looks like a storm welt.

Thanks for clarifying the fudge welt definition. As for "some sort of professional?" - nope not a professional photographer.
blush.gif
Just a good camera (D300), good lense with fixed aperture and a trip pod. My experience in watch photography probably rubbed off on how I frame these but nothing really special is done.

Gaz

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai
They are awesome, especially the antique.

Quick Q: This pair has 360 degree welt - something I have never seen with EG. Is this because of the storm welt?

Thanks. As for your questions, yes it is. Or at least I believe so after doing some research after lee_44106 pointed out that it was a storm welt.

Gaz

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
Thanks. As for your questions, yes it is. Or at least I believe so after doing some research after lee_44106 pointed out that it was a storm welt.

Gaz

Make sense. It would look wired if the storm welt stops at the heel. I believve that the storm welt on a pair of C&J chukka boots I own is 360 degree as well.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saunny