• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_4247.JPG

I am just testing how to enclose pictures as I have not posted here for a while .

Winter is coming!

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does a better Galway exist? I used to lust over the Doak/ Walnut CC combo but now I am not so sure. This all Doak pair has really grown on me.

View attachment 829211

As much as I love my doak/walnut cc Galways, I might have to say the all doak Galways seem versatile & more my style these days - as I try to simplify my wardrobe. If I owned those, I'd consider myself good with brown boots in general.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I love my doak/walnut cc Galways, I might have to say the all doak Galways seem versatile & more my style these days - as I try to simplify my wardrobe. If I owned those, I'd consider myself good with brown boots in general.

That's kind of how I am seeing it now too

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No doubt. Best Galway IMO. Beautiful boot that way!!

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have really yet to see a bad Galway boot no matter what the leather or combination may be!

My favourite Galway boot is the dark oak on the 82 last but sadly I cannot wear the 82 last because of the shape of my feet. The 72 last fits my foot the best.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a belt to match the bourbon shell cordovan that EG uses? I just picked up some Duke loafers on the 137 last that are gorgeous, but I am not sure where to look for a belt. Doesn't have to be shell-- calfskin in a matching or very close shade would be fine. Thanks!

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a belt to match the bourbon shell cordovan that EG uses? I just picked up some Duke loafers on the 137 last that are gorgeous, but I am not sure where to look for a belt. Doesn't have to be shell-- calfskin in a matching or very close shade would be fine. Thanks!

Leffot has a Kreis belt made in Bourbon shell.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where did you buy the shell EG duke loafers?

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question to ask.

Anyone who has had any experience with the Utah leather shoes or boots for a while now please can they let me know if this leather is as resilient as the grained country calf or any of the other leathers EG use on their shoes or boots?

The reason I ask is because today I have worn my Galway boots for the first time and "Oh my God" they feel so soft I have not had this feeling before with any of the EG shoes or boots!

I love the leather but lets hope it hold up as well!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads