• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

andrewmrsid

Reaction score
@DavidLane ,

They happen to be part of our spring selection. Snuff Dovers have been discussed a few times in the last few weeks, and I mentioned I'd contribute an image of ours, and those and the mushroom Shanklin's just arrived.

andrewmrsid

Reaction score
Thank you, just received an updated last chart, and hoped it could be helpful.
[/IMG]

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thank.

I see there's 32 on that (if not 33 and 88).

Have you noticed that 32 has changed at all in recent years because of the resinating thing? If so, does it respond well to width changes as you'd use with 202?

canon5dfan

Reaction score
You are looking at 100 to 120$ on duties at least I got hit with that plus 60 euro shipping

Those that purchased through upper soles. How long did it take and how red are the rosewoods? I'm trying to decide between these and the DOak mink suede. Also did the shoes come in an EG box and shoe trees?

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are looking at 100 to 120$ on duties at least I got hit with that plus 60 euro shipping

Those that purchased through upper soles. How long did it take and how red are the rosewoods? I'm trying to decide between these and the DOak mink suede. Also did the shoes come in an EG box and shoe trees?  

It comes with basic stuff that all EG comes with & no shoe trees it's definitely red color but not as red as Rosewood. You can scroll back & check pictures out that few gents have posted. You will get them in 2 to 3 days depending upon were you live. If this is your first boot I would add Doak & mink suede boot first just my two cent.

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you guys ever applied wax on the delapre utah leather? I found that I am kicking my boots in the toe a little too much and have a mind of using wax for better protection. I use saphir cream which contains wax but that seems not enough.

canon5dfan

Reaction score
These Rosewood/Clove suede Galways are a thing of beauty. Mike, I'm interested to hear your thoughts about the fit after some wear.

A question for those that have seen them in person: how does the color of Redwood compare to Rosewood CC? They seem pretty similar to me. I have been considering a MTO of Rosewood CC with suede, and I noticed EG paired it with Tobacco suede previously.

But depending on the lighting, Tobacco can seem a little light and yellow/orange on the Rosewood. I am thinking Clove would make a great combination with Rosewood, if the colors are similar to these:

And note what a difference lighting makes:
Yeah Moosic's and Ltjaws look like they are a beautiful chestnut brown color. Why would you suggest the Doak and mink first? Thanks for the quick reply btw

andrewmrsid

Reaction score

I didn't know about the 32 last. I think my next pair of Dovers will be on this last.

I'd love to see that. I haven't owned anything in that last to give you first hand fit experience. Let me know if you'd like me to find out any fitting eccentricities on that last from E.G.

andrewmrsid

Reaction score

Have you guys ever applied wax on the delapre utah leather? I found that I am kicking my boots in the toe a little too much and have a mind of using wax for better protection. I use saphir cream which contains wax but that seems not enough.

I've never advised wax on Delapre, as I feel the soft look and low sheen is part of the beauty. You'll lose that with wax,, but I'm not sure if it would really build up over time in a truly harmful way, I would use it very sparingly if you felt the need.

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never advised wax on Delapre, as I feel the soft look and low sheen is part of the beauty. You'll lose that with wax,, but I'm not sure if it would really build up over time in a truly harmful way, I would use it very sparingly if you felt the need.
Delapre is already treated with oil and wax (both EG and the retailer told me that), however, it feels softer.

I am perfectly happy with its original looks but it's easily dented. I like my boots with smooth/clean toe/heels, therefore I am considering some wax for protection. Wax can be removed if you ever want that, right?

ltjaw

Reaction score

I'd love to see that. I haven't owned anything in that last to give you first hand fit experience. Let me know if you'd like me to find out any fitting eccentricities on that last from E.G.

I'd be very interested for any information on the fit of the 32 last. Thanks!

bamboo

Reaction score
I have a Dover on 32last. It is straight and rather narrow last. So if you have wide foot, it may not be for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads