• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon gents. Just wanted to share my newest pair of EG. The quintessential Galway! Thanks again to @Steel28 for the hand off. Great to catch up with you over coffee this morning.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

idonotmatch

Reaction score
You are looking at 100 to 120$ on duties at least I got hit with that plus 60 euro shipping

I received mine yesterday, they use DHL 2 day delivery. I did not get invoiced for duties but sometimes shippers send an invoice later.
Duty free up to $800 USD for you guys now. I would assume if customs were to check it out or if it's shipped via FedEx or UPS (as they pre submit the customs documents and are always charged) you would be hit with charges on anything over that amount plus brokerage charges from the carrier. If shipped via USPS it would be a gamble if it slips past customs.

Fwiw I did not buy them so hopefully the guys who did can share, but this has been my experience with customs in Canada. I am very jealous of your $800 duty free limit haha.

Also, if anyone can proxy for the upcoming factory sale please send me a message. I have a shoe itch that only EG has been able to scratch lately lol.

Thanks, all!

and +1 on the factory sale proxy :)

Last edited:

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some more pics of the Redwood/Clove Suede Galway boots.... arrived yesterday from Upper-Shoes...

ltjaw

Reaction score
These Rosewood/Clove suede Galways are a thing of beauty. Mike, I'm interested to hear your thoughts about the fit after some wear.

A question for those that have seen them in person: how does the color of Redwood compare to Rosewood CC? They seem pretty similar to me. I have been considering a MTO of Rosewood CC with suede, and I noticed EG paired it with Tobacco suede previously.

But depending on the lighting, Tobacco can seem a little light and yellow/orange on the Rosewood. I am thinking Clove would make a great combination with Rosewood, if the colors are similar to these:

And note what a difference lighting makes:

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always like the look of Galways that have darker shafts vs uppers, brings out the burnishing. Clove looks like a better choice than tobacco for that.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These Rosewood/Clove suede Galways are a thing of beauty. Mike, I'm interested to hear your thoughts about the fit after some wear.

A question for those that have seen them in person: how does the color of Redwood compare to Rosewood CC? They seem pretty similar to me. I have been considering a MTO of Rosewood CC with suede, and I noticed EG paired it with Tobacco suede previously.

Here are some pics of my Rosewood CC Aderley's and the Rosewood calf Galways for comparison:

ltjaw

Reaction score
Thanks for those photos of the Rosewood and Redwood. That settles it for me - Clove is a great match for the Rosewood CC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads