• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

azumi

Reaction score
I've owned the Lowndes, William, and Westminster and I believe all use leather (not cloth) to connect the buckle. AS' DM uses elastic if that's what you're looking for.
Thank you Sir,

Do they use leather for both buckles?

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im thinking of Lowndes or Westminster, depend on if they use leather for both buckles or not because I don't like the fabric cloth that hold the rear buckle.

Go with Westminster, if I remember correctly you have been in search for DM for a while. Also check out Fulham DM by GF. Just throwing it out, cannot go wrong with any of them.

azumi

Reaction score
Go with Westminster, if I remember correctly you have been in search for DM for a while. Also check out Fulham DM by GF. Just throwing it out, cannot go wrong with any of them.
Thank you Sir, you are right that I am searching for new DM. While searching for it, I ended up buying some new boots, loafers and oxfords but no new monk. Now I should not go off the line and got distracted by other styles.

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@JR Magat, here's an indoor shot (under LED lighting)

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you Sir, you are right that I am searching for new DM. While searching for it, I ended up buying some new boots, loafers and oxfords but no new monk. Now I should not go off the line and got distracted by other styles.

100% Westminster, you can not go wrong !

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You got rid of them?

I did a few months ago. I had them in black and wore them infrequently because of my black Chelseas. I let the Westminsters go when they still had enough wear for a flip. Not a DM, but I picked up a pair of AS sweeping monkstrap in a dark brown color. I've been "downgrading" a bit as I also picked up a pair of blue suede Player's shoes from AE (it was $100 and something I can wear on beater days). However, I just put in a request for a pair of Bauxite Sandringhams so the trend is going on (contrary to the market right now).

I was so tempted to pick up a pair of Galways in Rosewood CC/Tobacco suede but it's lined and not the most practical wear in the hospital (as you would know). Besides, I already have a couple of shoes to wear even when the show is bad outside and I've survived NYC and MI winters without shearling so I'm sure I'll live. If I picked it up, it would likely be hard to flip it as not everyone is sold on shearling.

Last edited:

Diabolical

Reaction score
I don't think it's even been a month yet, and I've already picked up another pair of Edward Greens. I've been on the fence about Galways for a while, but I dived in with the loden suede shaft/dark oak vamp and they look stunning in person.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think it's even been a month yet, and I've already picked up another pair of Edward Greens. I've been on the fence about Galways for a while, but I dived in with the loden suede shaft/dark oak vamp and they look stunning in person.
Once you cross that threshold and get the first one it becomes pretty apparent why you'll want to get even more. Nice looking boot, Congrats!!

Solari

Reaction score
I got myself an EG Galway in brown utah calf a few weeks back. Love it. I'm addicted to EG now.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MakersCBDblood