• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

benjamin8451

Reaction score
Hi gentles,

I need your help on EG westminster burgundy 890 last size issue.

I wear 6E on EG Chelsea 82 last and westminster 202 last and they fit rather snug. I have to wear thin socks and my toe area gets a little uncomfortable after a long walk.

My two other John Lobb shoes, I go with 6E on City II 7000 last and 6E on Chapel 8000 last. It is roomy and I can put one finger down when i squeeze my feet forward. But it is very comfortable.

I have a narrow feet and normal instep. So I was wondering if I should take 6.5 E on 890 last. I suppose 890 last is similar to 82 and 888 last?

Thanks for you time.
happy.gif

Last edited:

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've heard the 890 would be between the 888 and 82. I'm actually about to take delivery of a pair on the 890 so I can comment when they come in a few days. I wear a 9.5E on the 202, 606, 82, and 888. Though the 888 feels a hair snug

Personally I feel 890 fits same as 82 last at least to me but my 82 is Galaway boot but may not be fair to compare

Last edited:

benjamin8451

Reaction score
I've heard the 890 would be between the 888 and 82. I'm actually about to take delivery of a pair on the 890 so I can comment when they come in a few days. I wear a 9.5E on the 202, 606, 82, and 888. Though the 888 feels a hair snug

Please do share your experience with 890 last. I really like the burgundy finish on westminster.

lol8[1].gif

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were you able to get that out? Also, are those the same make up as the Galways at Mr. Porter? http://www.mrporter.com/mens/edward_green/galway-cap-toe-grained-leather-boots/633040

My first thread contribution. Bought used, they are well worn but fit like a glove (leather is just so supple & soft). They are made for Holland & Holland on F64, and I believe they are almond cc(?) Looking forward to wearing these all winter :)

Actually, mine are probably closer to yours than those on Mr. Porter's. The Mr. Porter Galways appear to be chestnut/golden Utah but they are on the 82 last.

Mine are on E64 and are also chestnut Utah, which are an MTO from the good folks at Skoak. I gave my boot one treatment and some of the stain is gone but I'll have to make another pass today.

Yours look awesome. Almond CC (if that's what they are) look very similar to chestnut Utah, except the grain stands out more.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads