• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whoa, that sounds like they are too big. I like my shoes snug. Even if that means the throat doesn't close up ( V ).

Sorry justin, I agree with Murl. It wasn't meant to be. It sounds like you can fit a thin leather insole in there. If that's the case then it will never fit correctly. Believe me.

I have bought shoes on the tighter side and now I find its affected my foot too much so I take them a hair big. But this feels too big. I had a pair of the full sock liners by EG and I put those in and still it was really bad. If anyone is interested in the Laughton thats available on Skoaks website in a 9/9.5F let me know otherwise I am going to send them back.

Its a shame because they are so beautiful. I just cant win with EG, third pair and third failure.

readymade

Reaction score
My chelsea in tabacco suede & 82 last

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have bought shoes on the tighter side and now I find its affected my foot too much so I take them a hair big. But this feels too big. I had a pair of the full sock liners by EG and I put those in and still it was really bad. If anyone is interested in the Laughton thats available on Skoaks website in a 9/9.5F let me know otherwise I am going to send them back.

Its a shame because they are so beautiful. I just cant win with EG, third pair and third failure.

Get fitted at khakis. Or wear thicker socks

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What lasts are we talking about. You might have the same problem I had with 888 and 82 lasts. They were just tad too big so I tried a full sock liners but that did not help either. This was the case with boots and shoes. I decided to give it another try but this time I went a half size down and up in width from E to F. I only have Galway on 82 last F width and so far the fit seems to be good.

heelguy

Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong Ironist but I believe it has to have been a stock model for a retailer previously to get the 3 Pair restock discount. So would need to be Doak and walnut CC if we're talking about Skoak. The Doak with Utah shift was Leaves's MTO.

I would definitely be in for a Doak / walnut CC Galway as I'll be ordering one MTO by the end of the week. @heelguy and @sleepyinsanfran, up for it?

I would be in-would need to be an E for me though.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What lasts are we talking about. You might have the same problem I had with 888 and 82 lasts. They were just tad too big so I tried a full sock liners but that did not help either. This was the case with boots and shoes. I decided to give it another try but this time I went a half size down and up in width from E to F. I only have Galway on 82 last F width and so far the fit seems to be good.

I had the same lasts as you and I just gave the 890 last a try. It's a beautifully shaped last just unfortunate I cannot get EG to fit.

The problem is that it fits fantastic in the width and the toe box but heel cup is much too large.

Back to Sweden they go unless anyone here in the states wants them at cost?

NewStart

Reaction score
Fairlynerd is correct. It would have to be the Doak and Walnut CC Galway that Skoak stocked. I can't find the spec post but it was something along the lines of

Walnut Country Calf Shaft
Dark Oak Uppers
82 Last
Double Danite Soles

AKA: These

Hi, I am actually interested in this as I missed out in previous orders - @fairlynerdy do you still need the 3rd person?

Can you please also confirm the price?

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@heelguy @NewStart @sleepyinsanfran @meowmix1891

Skoak confirmed we can do the following as a stock reorder without MTO fee:

Galway
82 last (we can each choose our width)
Dark oak upper, walnut CC shaft
Dainite sole with leather midsole

You should get the price directly from Skoak. Suffices to say that you'll never be able to get a Galway at this price again.

Send Skoak an email at [email protected] to say you want in. Drop me a PM to confirm as well in case we need to do any cat herding.

darkoak

Reaction score

@heelguy
 @NewStart
 @sleepyinsanfran
 @meowmix1891

Galway

You should get the price directly from Skoak.  Suffices to say that you'll never be able to get a Galway at this price again.

Send Skoak an email at [COLOR=777777]sales[/COLOR][COLOR=777777]@skoaktiebolaget.se [/COLOR]to say you want in.  Drop me a PM to confirm as well in case we need to do any cat herding.

I'm in for this as well. I've been in touch with Gabriel from skoak and Gabriel asks that everyone who is interested should email him directly.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I am considering this, though I am also considering an MTO option instead. I actually love Tifosi's version with the darker Doak. I know many are not fans of the darker color, but on this boot, I think it looks amazing.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@heelguy @NewStart @sleepyinsanfran @meowmix1891

Galway

You should get the price directly from Skoak. Suffices to say that you'll never be able to get a Galway at this price again.

Send Skoak an email at [email protected] to say you want in. Drop me a PM to confirm as well in case we need to do any cat herding.

When do we need to decide on this? I'm also considering an MTO for a chestnut version.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
When do we need to decide on this? I'm also considering an MTO for a chestnut version.
By March 1 if you want to get in before the price increase.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads