• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great choice, very classic. Reminds me I have to pick up my first Galway from the store.
nod[1].gif
Yes, I know, it's chocking, no Galway up 'til now...the cobbler's kids and all that.

Can't wait to see those pictures @Leaves .

Congrats, and what version did you go with?

madridista

Reaction score
Thank you everybody! I should have purchased them long time ago. Its weird somehow I never could bring myself to spend close to 1K on calf shoes/boots but I happily spent close to that amount on shell cordovan boots. Maybe because of the scarce availability of the shell, you feel like you just won lottery ticket when you are able to purchase shell shoes/boots. I am glad that DOAK shade came out the way I wanted.

@dalevy I purchased them from upper shoes website.

madridista

Reaction score
Great choice, very classic. Reminds me I have to pick up my first Galway from the store.
nod[1].gif
Yes, I know, it's chocking, no Galway up 'til now...the cobbler's kids and all that.
Thanks Leaves! It is really very shocking indeed. I am currently waiting for the St. James II delivery that I ordered from you (shipped today), its long painful wait. I should have upgraded to faster shipping.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you everybody! I should have purchased them long time ago. Its weird somehow I never could bring myself to spend close to 1K on calf shoes/boots but I happily spent close to that amount on shell cordovan boots. Maybe because of the scarce availability of the shell, you feel like you just won lottery ticket when you are able to purchase shell shoes/boots. I am glad that DOAK shade came out the way I wanted.

@dalevy I purchased them from upper shoes website.
@NAMOR might kill me for saying this, but there really are other reasons besides shell that are great reasons to spend more than 1k on a pair of shoes or boots. Edward Green Galway's are a fabulous way to start discovering those reasons.

The design
The quality of the leather
The various options
The finishing
The level of detail

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first EG, stock model Westminster, courtesy of Skoaktiebolaget:

Not bad for a G width shoe. I'm very pleased, and look forward to more EGs in my future...

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first EG, stock model Westminster, courtesy of Skoaktiebolaget:

Not bad for a G width shoe. I'm very pleased, and look forward to more EGs in my future...
Congrats!!

Great choice, I've often considered getting that exact shoe and color.

I already have a John Lobb Williams II in black, but I think the EG Westminster is quite a bit dressier.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@laufer
 - is it true you are considering a pingrain Nevis? That would be epic.  

Well kind of it looks like that mahogany Nevis I have incoming is pretty close to the heather gorse Galways I have. If that is the case I may sell it and go with brandy pin grain Nevis.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well kind of it looks like that mahogany Nevis I have incoming is pretty close to the heather gorse Galways I have. If that is the case I may sell it and go with brandy pin grain Nevis.

The Mahogany CC Dover is certainly very close in color to the Heather Gorse Galway, however for me the Dover itself is different enough that I don't mind.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Mahogany CC Dover is certainly very close in color to the Heather Gorse Galway, however for me the Dover itself is different enough that I don't mind.

So sad that Mahogany CC, Rosewood CC, and Heather Gorse are so similar. What was EG thinking? So hard to be a collector these days.

Do it, it's only logical. Does this mean you are fully turned off the idea of the Rosewood Alderley since it's similar as well?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member