• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I use to worry about it with other brands, like my old AE days. It use to drive me crazy how random the vamp break-in would be. for all of my GG shoes, all of the vamp lines are in identical places, so i stopped worrying about it. I suspect it will be the same for my EG pair when it arrives...

Most of my shoes crease this way. The right shoe always creases more and differently from the left. The shoes fit and are comfortable so how they crease is a non-issue for me.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little ddd foreshadowing..."I love Rosewood."

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Oh no. I just take my shoes out of the box and put them on my feet. Whatever happens, happens.

+1

Find me a person with identical feet and I'll find you a woman with identical...eh...hands. Not gonna happen. That's one of many reasons why shoes will crease differently from one foot to the other. And in my experience derbies will always crease more asymmetrically because of the facing.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ddd, with the material from your Zug I can make a pair of Galways for me, a breifcase, billfold, watch strap, second skin for the deer running around here in Michigan...

LOL

I got me some big hoofers, but Come On MAN. LOL

Besides I know of a new member you could make two suit cases out of a pair of his Boots. LOL

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

LOL

I got me some big hoofers, but Come On MAN. LOL

Besides I know of a new member you could make two suit cases out of a pair of his Boots. LOL

OK, ddd. Less yakking and more picture posting.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, Yes, Yes

Everyday is a good day when you get a new pair of Galways.

Oops, was I Yakking? LOL

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I present Edward Green Rosewood CC and Shearling. Great boots, and the Shearling is fabulous.

I just want to mention that @sheranf did an excellent job. They were definitely new in box, pristine, and everything shipped on time and arrived in excellent condition. Thank you sir.

And here are both the Rosewood CC w/shearling and Zugs (can anyone say they own pair of both of these bad BOYs?) LOL @jerrybrowne described the differences perfectly. The Zugs are a thick waxy almost muted color when compared to the more shiny and burnished toe and heel of the Rosewood CC. Not much difference. But then again there is the Shearling.

I haven't completely made up my mind if I will keep the Rosewood CC w/Shearling boots. They're so much alike. The look and feel of the shearling feels reel cool to my fingers touch. Same kind of boots, for the same type of purpose, but......... But the Rosewood CC is extremely nice, and for the price I paid it's very difficult to just give therm up. They fit, and it's not like I would make a whole lot reselling them. I really gain a lot more boot by just keeping them.

Besides I never ever thought I would ever ever sell a pair of Galways.
eek.gif

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^^ Very nice, ddd. I wasn't expecting them to be so close in color. They look quite different to my Rosewoods (at least in those pics). That is a really tough call if they are in fact as close in color as they appear there.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Very nice, ddd. I wasn't expecting them to be so close in color. They look quite different to my Rosewoods (at least in those pics). That is a really tough call if they are in fact as close in color as they appear there.

Not the best of pictures, but the light is pretty bad today, but they are extremely close in color. I agonized a bit over this last night. The last thing I came to was how this was such a good deal, that selling them wouldn't yield as much gain as just keeping them for the simple fact that they are such great boots. I haven't made a final decision but the last bit of reasoning may just be in the end what I go with.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I present Edward Green Rosewood CC and Shearling. Great boots, and the Shearling is fabulous. I just want to mention that @sheranf did an excellent job. They were definitely new in box, pristine, and everything shipped on time and arrived in excellent condition. Thank you sir. And here are both the Rosewood CC w/shearling and Zugs (can anyone say they own pair of both of these bad BOYs?) LOL @jerrybrowne described the differences perfectly. The Zugs are a thick waxy almost muted color when compared to the more shiny and burnished toe and heel of the Rosewood CC. Not much difference. But then again there is the Shearling. I haven't completely made up my mind if I will keep the Rosewood CC w/Shearling boots. They're so much alike. The look and feel of the shearling feels reel cool to my fingers touch. Same kind of boots, for the same type of purpose, but......... But the Rosewood CC is extremely nice, and for the price I paid it's very difficult to just give therm up. They fit, and it's not like I would make a whole lot reselling them. I really gain a lot more boot by just keeping them. Besides I never ever thought I would ever ever sell a pair of Galways.:eek:
What size are those rosewood CC Galways again?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads