• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gusvs

Reaction score
Had my >7 years old Lichfield's refurbished by EG through Skoaktiebolaget, and must say they came out even better than expected. Sorry, no recent before pictures, but let's just say EG did an amazing job :) These shoes have been used a lot, and in some tough conditions as well... Original colour is Burnt Pine, but they have darkened over the years.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had my >7 years old Lichfield's refurbished by EG through Skoaktiebolaget, and must say they came out even better than expected. Sorry, no recent before pictures, but let's just say EG did an amazing job
smile.gif
These shoes have been used a lot, and in some tough conditions as well... Original colour is Burnt Pine, but they have darkened over the years.

Looks great! How much did this set you back through SkoAB, if you don't mind me asking? Also, have you had the shoes resoled at a local cobbler anytime before the refurbishment, and if so, did EG have any problems with this?

Last edited:

gusvs

Reaction score

Looks great! How much did this set you back through SkoAB, if you don't mind me asking? Also, have you had the shoes resoled at a local cobbler anytime before the refurbishment, and if so, did EG have any problems with this?

Thanks! For pricing please check with Skoab. I have not resoled them before at a local cobbler, I prefer to have EG do all the maintenance on my EG shoes.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Refurbishment is 1700 SEK ex VAT, and on this pair we also added metal toe tips, that's an extra 240 SEK ex VAT. For refurbishment we basically just cover our costs, it's a service we like to provide with a minimal mark up. For clients outside of Stockholm, shipping will also be added.

Last edited:

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Thanks for the info, Leaves. And what about the issue of having had the shoes resoled at a local cobbler beforehand? Does this means that EG will refuse to do a refurb? I've heard this been said a few times before...

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the info, Leaves. And what about the issue of having had the shoes resoled at a local cobbler beforehand? Does this means that EG will refuse to do a refurb? I've heard this been said a few times before...

Yes, they may refuse to refurbish them then. If I recall correctly it actually says this in the small pamphlet included with every new pair.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, they may refuse to refurbish them then. If I recall correctly it actually says this in the small pamphlet included with every new pair.

Ok, thanks again for letting me know. This really sucks, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads