• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@tifosi

Beautiful. If skoak ever has another GMTO for these with 25% down it's instakop. This and the dovers are probably going to be my first EGs. Can't seem to find anything else that compares to them.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You're on the right track my friend. My first EG acquisitions, in order:

1. Galway 82 boot (burgundy/red berry suede)
2. Wells 82 captoe blucher (d.oak)
3. Dover 606 (d.oak)
4. Dover 202 (gold delapre)

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ruscal

Reaction score
popped along to the EG factory shop in Northampton today and picked up a couple of pairs of shoes

first off a pair of chelsea in 82 dark oak antique

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I envy.

You are so lucky for finding them in your size + that price .. It's a steal .. More than a 50% off MSRP.

In John Lobb Factory Shop cheapest Oxfords are 440 GBP, and they do not look as nice as Chelsea.

Last edited:

ruscal

Reaction score
aw, thanks brother

weirdly they're actually different sized shoes. the 82 is a half size smaller than the 202. but they fit almost identically. you don't really notice a difference until you get to the toe box, and then you can tell that the 82 has slightly less room as it subtlely pinches in more to a cone shape.

i am expecting at some point to prefer the fit of one more than the other. but in the meantime i'm feeling happy with both purchases.

LS7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aw, thanks brother

weirdly they're actually different sized shoes. the 82 is a half size smaller than the 202. but they fit almost identically. you don't really notice a difference until you get to the toe box, and then you can tell that the 82 has slightly less room as it subtlely pinches in more to a cone shape.

i am expecting at some point to prefer the fit of one more than the other. but in the meantime i'm feeling happy with both purchases.

Have you purposefully laced the Chelsea's rather loosely? I would expect an Oxford to appear tighter at the lacing point.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK2024