• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amar ezzahi

Reaction score
A pair of EG Mendip (found in the Factory Store):

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There seems to be some confusion about this. None the less from me, apparently. So, are you saying that even through a TD - where one normally can choose whatever EG last - it would not be possible to do the Galway on the 888?

As far as I know, you can have the Galway made on the 888 last in Top Drawer, but it would have to be with a single leather fiddle waist sole. Top Drawer is only made with this sole option.

The pictures of Galways on the 888 last floating around are either make ups made before Edward Green enforced their last restriction policy ( 2-3 years ago) or as mentioned earlier, Edward Green retailers with very long relationship with Edward Green where they have historically stocked Galway on the 888 and have been allowed to continue doing this despite the new last restrictions.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There seems to be some confusion about this. None the less from me, apparently. So, are you saying that even through a TD - where one normally can choose whatever EG last - it would not be possible to do the Galway on the 888?

As far as I know, you can have the Galway made on the 888 last in Top Drawer, but it would have to be with a single leather fiddle waist sole. Top Drawer is only made with this sole option.  

The pictures of Galways on the 888 last floating around are either make ups made before Edward Green enforced their last restriction policy ( 2-3 years ago) or as mentioned earlier, Edward Green retailers with very long relationship with Edward Green where they have historically stocked Galway on the 888 and have been allowed to continue doing this despite the new last restrictions.

Yes, this is exactly as how I've understood things. Seems as though I'm not that confused after all. ;)

Anyway, thanks for clearing up this for us all!

Oh, and one more thing, a Shannon on 888 would also have to be a TD, right?

Last edited:

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I need your help once again ..

What Saphir cream/wax do you use for EG Burgundy Calf?

I would not like to enrich the color of my shoe, I like the way it is. But I am in dilemma should I use Mahogany pommadier/ Mahogany Wax or Just Burgundy pommadier/ Neutral Wax or even a ROUGE Hermes pommadier??

Last edited:

vorkanz

Reaction score
Yes, this is exactly as how I've understood things. Seems as though I'm not that confused after all.
wink.gif

I actually had a mail conversation with the sales maneger of EG recently and he told me that Shannon woud be posible on the 888 last.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Really? Is this the same store manager that told you that the Chelsea would be possible on the 888?
wink.gif

Anyway, maybe SkoAB could help us out here too and clear things up a bit?

Last edited:

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, this is exactly as how I've understood things. Seems as though I'm not that confused after all.
wink.gif

A Shannon on the 888 last would officially have to by a Top Drawer, that is correct.

I actually had a mail conversation with the sales maneger of EG recently and he told me that Shannon woud be posible on the 888 last.

I'm surprised to hear that. Who at EG said this? CG? That's certainly not what the official policy says anyways.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys,

I would not like to enrich the color of my shoe, I like the way it is. But I am in dilemma should I use Mahogany pommadier/ Mahogany Wax or Just Burgundy pommadier/ Neutral Wax or even a ROUGE Hermes pommadier??

I use Hermes Red and it seems to be doing a god job of maintaining the color as is.

vorkanz

Reaction score
A Shannon on the 888 last would officially have to by a Top Drawer, that is correct.

I'm surprised to hear that. Who at EG said this? CG? That's certainly not what the official policy says anyways.

It was Robert Willis who told me that, they might make exceptions when customers are ordering directly from them.

PMac

Reaction score
Quick question if anyone can help me out. I own EG on the 202, 606, 82 and 888 lasts, all are 10.5E UK, how does the 184 last fit in comparison to the others?

Thanks

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick question if anyone can help me out. I own EG on the 202, 606, 82 and 888 lasts, all are 10.5E UK, how does the 184 last fit in comparison to the others?

Thanks
The 184 fits somewhere in-between the 202 and 82 lasts in terms of width and shape.

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys,

I typically use Saphir neutral cream and Saphir neutral wax.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads