• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you are:
DSC06357_zpsde73d116.jpg

Mink (left) and Clove (right)

DSC06356_zps7f77b4a6.jpg

Mink (left), Rosewood (middle) and Clove (right)

The clove has quite a red sheen to it in certain light, but it was one of the first colours I thought of when I saw your picture of Heather Gorse with the three suede swatches. I included a Rosewood pair so you could compare further, although I think Heather Gorse is a bit darker.

Perhaps laufer had the best suggestion: to let EG decide, or at least advise.

Hope this helps.

MtB

Fantastic MtB, thank you so much! This really makes my decision easier. And great shoes btw!

Cheers,
SKM

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you are:
DSC06357_zpsde73d116.jpg

Mink (left) and Clove (right)

DSC06356_zps7f77b4a6.jpg

Mink (left), Rosewood (middle) and Clove (right)

The clove has quite a red sheen to it in certain light, but it was one of the first colours I thought of when I saw your picture of Heather Gorse with the three suede swatches. I included a Rosewood pair so you could compare further, although I think Heather Gorse is a bit darker.

Perhaps laufer had the best suggestion: to let EG decide, or at least advise.

Hope this helps.

MtB
A perfect team =)

Looking to improve

Reaction score

I just love that Rosewood CC Adelaide wingtip. I think I have to have that. Seriously nice make up. Which model is that, can't recall I've seen it before?

It's the EG 'Plymouth' on the 202 last with HAF-soles and sunken metal toe-tips. MTO through a shoe store in the Netherlands.

More pictures quoted below:
My latest acquisition:
DSC06354_zps345fb9bb.jpg
dd969526-26b9-437b-84b7-a849263e3abc_zpsf46c1186.jpg

MtB

member2000r

Reaction score
I just love that Rosewood CC Adelaide wingtip. I think I have to have that. Seriously nice make up. Which model is that, can't recall I've seen it before?
Patrik,

If you can make it all-weather adapted by adding storm welt & using ridgeway sole, I will join this rosewood CC GMTO

Looking to improve

Reaction score

This really makes my decision easier. And great shoes btw!

Thanks :) ! No problem btw, I had the shoes and snapping a picture was no trouble. I look forward to seeing the end result.

MtB

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patrik,

If you can make it all-weather adapted by adding storm welt & using ridgeway sole, I will join this rosewood CC GMTO

Are you particular to those shoes in the picture or are you interested in Rosewood CC color? I have been trying to organize GMTO for Alderley boot in Rosewood CC but I might consider shoes in that color too; maybe Falkirk?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about going the MTO route for my first pair of EGs - probably either Galways or Shannons. Due to bad weather in the NE, I prefer rubber-soled boots, though I wouldn't be wearing these in the worst conditions by any means. Thoughts on whether 82 last boots would look strange/off with ridgeway (for Galway) or double Dainite soles (for Shannon). I know ridgeway on 64 last is common and most would do single Dainite for 82 last. Thanks.

Last edited:

member2000r

Reaction score

Are you particular to those shoes in the picture or are you interested in Rosewood CC color? I have been trying to organize GMTO for Alderley boot in Rosewood CC but I might consider shoes in that color too; maybe Falkirk?
Shoes
I am one of the zig Galway lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads