• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

darkoak

Reaction score

Gents, As you probably know, my project with a real country version of the Galway is stuck due to the lack of heather gorse. So every time you drop by EG, please do not hesitate to harass them about doing a restock really soon ;) Anyway, in the mean time I'm trying to organise a GMTO through Skoak of the Alderley. The specs will be: - Edwardian Antigue (only slightly burnished) - Single leather sole (though HAF can work, if people have strong preferences for this) - Regular welt - Last 202 (the only option) - E-width (though F could work as well, but I guess E suits most people) Please PM me if your interested in this make up. For reference, the boots will look like this: And the colour close to this: Hope you like the idea! Cheers, SKM
How about Dainite or Medway for the soles?

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

As you probably know, my project with a real country version of the Galway is stuck due to the lack of heather gorse. So every time you drop by EG, please do not hesitate to harass them about doing a restock really soon ;)

Anyway, in the mean time I'm trying to organise a GMTO through Skoak of the Alderley. The specs will be:

- Edwardian Antigue (only slightly burnished)
- Single leather sole (though HAF can work, if people have strong preferences for this)
- Regular welt
- Last 202 (the only option)
- E-width (though F could work as well, but I guess E suits most people)

Please PM me if your interested in this make up.

For reference, the boots will look like this:

And the colour close to this:

Hope you like the idea!

Cheers,
SKM

Beautiful model and color...compliments.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

As you probably know, my project with a real country version of the Galway is stuck due to the lack of heather gorse. So every time you drop by EG, please do not hesitate to harass them about doing a restock really soon ;)

Anyway, in the mean time I'm trying to organise a GMTO through Skoak of the Alderley. The specs will be:

- Edwardian Antigue (only slightly burnished)
- Single leather sole (though HAF can work, if people have strong preferences for this)
- Regular welt
- Last 202 (the only option)
- E-width (though F could work as well, but I guess E suits most people)

Please PM me if your interested in this make up.

For reference, the boots will look like this:

And the colour close to this:

Hope you like the idea!

Cheers,
SKM
Good choice, should make for a really great MTO.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good choice, should make for a really great MTO.

Beautiful model and color...compliments.

Thank you both, I think you should consider joining ;)

I believe it will be a very versatile boot that will look great with all sorts of denim and all colours of chinos (though maybe except tan). In other words a perfect boot for casual wear
biggrin.gif

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you both, I think you should consider joining ;)

I believe it will be a very versatile boot that will look great with all sorts of denim and all colours of chinos (though maybe except tan). In other words a perfect boot for casual wear
biggrin.gif

I might, but I currently have 3 other pair of boots on order at this moment. Besides, I would probably want this on Dainite if I were to get a pair.

Good luck with your MTO.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you both, I think you should consider joining ;)

I believe it will be a very versatile boot that will look great with all sorts of denim and all colours of chinos (though maybe except tan). In other words a perfect boot for casual wear :D

Edwardian is tan color there are other options out there much cheaper for boots in tan color. I prefer to save money for more unique color offerings from EG. Unless you really like Alderley as a boot in whcih case go for it.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edwardian is tan color there are other options out there much cheaper for boots in tan color. I prefer to save money for more unique color offerings from EG.

I feel just the opposite way; I prefer to buy quality shoes i classic colours and designs so they can have a stable space in my rotation, and the more exotic colours and designs I'll buy from cheaper brands (say Ed Et Al) since I'll wear them much less. But each to his own, and this is also to say that I'm still building my basis shoe wardrobe
smile.gif

Good luck with your MTO.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Calico

Cobalt

Eucalyptus

Mace

Navy

Leaves, thank you for these pictures. Can you tell us a little more about the raindeer leather? Have you seen a pair of shoes in raindeer leather? I assume reindeer leather is more on the casual side.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Leaves, thank you for these pictures. Can you tell us a little more about the raindeer leather? Have you seen a pair of shoes in raindeer leather? I assume reindeer leather is more on the casual side.

It's close to suede in texture but a little coarser. I have actually never seen a pair made up in this material. EG tells me they use it mostly for loafers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads